www.beautiful-dolls.com

Questions about the Dagmar doll.

Beautiful dolls have been on the market since 2011. They have a wide selection of TPE, silicone and fabric love dolls. They also allow their customers to order custom-made dolls in 3d technology. All the dolls that they sell are 100% original dolls made out of eco-friendly materials that are safe for humans. All dolls are inspected before shipment to the customers. The client is engaged in the development process to tailor the end product to his needs, by exchanging photos and further communication for every customizable detail. Beautiful dolls have the best prices for original dolls on the market. Just contact us, and find out for yourself!. Website: www.beautiful-dolls.com.
Diaval
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Questions about the Dagmar doll.

Post by Diaval »

LuvAnimeGirlz wrote:You can always pass time by looking into more outfits for your new doll. Just be careful of sharp edges, velcro, rough surfaces, and high color saturation materials that may color transfer. Some other things may be storage and organization options for the various clothing, accessories, and support tools (brushes, ceramic hair iron). There's also consideration on how you'll be storing your doll(s) (and storage in case of roommates, guests, etc depending on your situation). (I keep both of mine in bed, but there was the issue of hair being all over the place and getting tangled. To solve that, some hair scrunchies quickly were in order.)

This is what I have been doing. I already put an order in for some 'one size fits all' outfits. A couple unitards (for protection), a skirt, and a top and of course a nightie. Some pantyhose, brushes, cleaning materials. Good to know I am on the right track looking at what you wrote above. I don't have to worry about hair all over the place as both wigs I got for the doll are short hair. I am a nut for pixie and bob hair styles. I like it when hair isn't obstructing the shoulders. However, most of the other stuff I picked out will have to wait until I actually get the doll and take proper measurements.

But I am having fun with this, so that is the main thing!

Byakuya Kuciki

Post by Byakuya Kuciki »

Do yourself a favor and get her a set of silk pjs. It will not only protect her skin from sweat and keep her clean in bed but will be an absolute treat to snuggle with and caress. Its amazing!!!
Bankai! Chire, Senbonzakura Kageyoshi

Diaval
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Diaval »

Byakuya Kuciki wrote:Do yourself a favor and get her a set of silk pjs. It will not only protect her skin from sweat and keep her clean in bed but will be an absolute treat to snuggle with and caress. Its amazing!!!
Sounds great! You have any suggestions?

PW_
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by PW_ »

Not really silk, but I like it a lot: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Spring- ... 48410.html
I got the 'dear bear' one, size M, fits really well.

Diaval
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Diaval »

PW_ wrote:Not really silk, but I like it a lot: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Spring- ... 48410.html
I got the 'dear bear' one, size M, fits really well.
Hmmmm, not really what I was after.

For sleeping I got mine this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075N ... UTF8&psc=1

Just a tad more sexier. My only concern though is that the top is very open. For the winter it should be fine as I do not sweat much in the winter, but by the time the summer comes I am going to need something that covers more. An alternative winter outfit I am thinking of is this leotard:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076W ... UTF8&psc=1

Couple that with some white footed tights and she would be fully protected. The thicker material should keep one warm in the winter. And that look is pretty enticing as well. I like the high cut legs...very attractive. One of Dagmar's strong attraction points are her legs and waist / hips curvature.

Diaval
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Diaval »

Hello guys!

I know this is an older thread, but I am posting mainly because I wanted to know if any of you have experienced joint failures on your Dagmar doll? Since I had her, within the first three months, three of her joints loosened up considerably. Both of her elbows and her left shoulder joint. So her left arm doesn't hold a pose anymore. Her right arm holds a partial pose since the shoulder joint on that arm is still OK. But I have heard from others that even the leg joints sometimes cause a problem.

From what I hear Happy Dolls has made a Generation 2 Dagmar doll and I am trying to find out from Beautiful Dolls if there were improvements made to the skeleton. They have yet to respond.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Diaval wrote:Hello guys!

I know this is an older thread, but I am posting mainly because I wanted to know if any of you have experienced joint failures on your Dagmar doll? Since I had her, within the first three months, three of her joints loosened up considerably. Both of her elbows and her left shoulder joint. So her left arm doesn't hold a pose anymore. Her right arm holds a partial pose since the shoulder joint on that arm is still OK. But I have heard from others that even the leg joints sometimes cause a problem.

From what I hear Happy Dolls has made a Generation 2 Dagmar doll and I am trying to find out from Beautiful Dolls if there were improvements made to the skeleton. They have yet to respond.
Hi Diaval. These threads may be helpful:

https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... der+repair

https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... bow+repair

Diaval
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Diaval »

Mr Franz wrote:
Diaval wrote:Hello guys!

Hi Diaval. These threads may be helpful:

https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... der+repair

https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... bow+repair
Thank you. Yes, I have seen these before, but as of now, I am not brave enough to attempt the repair yet. My sewing skills are not the greatest either.

Mirage79
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Mirage79 »

Tomoe wrote:On that note my "Dagmar" doll with silicone head got here on Wednesday and she's awesome. There's been quite a few improvements since my 3 year old 160 anime. The boobs are amazingly soft (softer than my TPE doll's) and almost feel real - in general the doll feels very soft and smooth, much more so than my old anime doll. The silicone head is pretty nice looking, but too firm - it's nowhere near as good for kissing as my TPE doll, and I wouldn't even attempt oral. The included insert is very good, pretty much on par with a good 3rd party Japanese onahole, and it even has anal. I'll post a review once I've had a bit more time with her (and I need to figure out her name!), but my first impressions are overall very positive.
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I'm just so taken with that picture. What a beautiful doll!

Which head and breast size did you select for this doll? I've spoken with Joy, and many of the options that I'm interested in are unavailable.

Diaval
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Diaval »

Mirage79 wrote:
Tomoe wrote:On that note my "Dagmar" doll with silicone head got here on Wednesday and she's awesome. There's been quite a few improvements since my 3 year old 160 anime. The boobs are amazingly soft (softer than my TPE doll's) and almost feel real - in general the doll feels very soft and smooth, much more so than my old anime doll. The silicone head is pretty nice looking, but too firm - it's nowhere near as good for kissing as my TPE doll, and I wouldn't even attempt oral. The included insert is very good, pretty much on par with a good 3rd party Japanese onahole, and it even has anal. I'll post a review once I've had a bit more time with her (and I need to figure out her name!), but my first impressions are overall very positive.
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I'm just so taken with that picture. What a beautiful doll!

Which head and breast size did you select for this doll? I've spoken with Joy, and many of the options that I'm interested in are unavailable.
I do not know if you have purchased something from Beautiful Dolls, but I would steer clear of the Happy Dolls line. I have had joint problems with my Dagmar and a friend of mine here of whom has his Dagmar several months longer than me, has trouble with all the joints now. I have sent three separate emails to Beautiful Dolls and didn't get an answer. Joy was nothing but stellar during the sale, but now that I have a problem, it seems like she is impossible to reach. For me it is one thing to get good deal on a product, but if there is no service, I am not going to deal with Beautiful Dolls again.

Granted this is more an issue with the manufacturer than the seller though. On the surface the Happy Dolls seem like a great deal for the money, but the sad thing is that they skimped on the skeleton and that just is a bad place to cut corners. Even though it is possible to fix the dolls, it is not easy to to and it requires some 'surgery' which I have decided not to do. My friend opted for this route and sadly simply tightening up the joints isn't a permanent fix.

If you are looking into a fabric based doll, my friend has had luck with Textile Dolls. He has his for two years now with NO joint problems. They are a bit more expensive, but you deal directly with the manufacturer and the fellow that runs the company, Yuri, is very accommodating and he built my friend's doll to his specifications. The only downside to Textile Doll is the heads are made of a hard plastic. They LOOK great, but if you are one that likes to touch the face and kiss your doll on the lips, then you might find the hard plastic off putting. When my Dagmar gets to the point where all the joints loosen up, I was thinking about looking into it if Yuri could create a body for the Happy Doll silicone head. That would offer the best of both worlds, a nice soft kissable head with a durable body that will hold up well over the years.

Well, this is just one alternative. It is sad because Happy Dolls has so much potential to be one of the leading fabric doll makers IF they improved the skeleton on their dolls. The Dagmar doll has the silicone head option and that makes it a great deal and the price is great too, but the thing is with the poor skeleton design, it is only a matter of months before the doll develops serious problems. In fact, one joint on mine loosened up THE FIRST WEEK! Two months later another joint loosened up and 7 months another joint loosened up. So think it will be a matter of time before I will be in my friend's position and the doll will not be able to stand and pose anymore. So when it comes to the Dagmar doll and Happy Dolls in general, buyer beware.

D

lvjtn
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by lvjtn »

the dagmar model is at least 3y old, is there any news about an improved fabric doll by happy dolls?

my current tpe doll is on the edge of her lifecycle, and i'm interested in fabric dolls for their light weights. i checked other comapnies what Diaval mentioned, but they simply aren't so beautiful as the happy dolls faces

otoh a durable skeleton is a must have, imo

Diaval
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Diaval »

lvjtn wrote:the dagmar model is at least 3y old, is there any news about an improved fabric doll by happy dolls?

my current tpe doll is on the edge of her lifecycle, and i'm interested in fabric dolls for their light weights. i checked other comapnies what Diaval mentioned, but they simply aren't so beautiful as the happy dolls faces

otoh a durable skeleton is a must have, imo
You have had a Dagmar for 3 years? Have you had any joint problems with yours? Do you have the Anime version or the realistic silicone head version? I don't know what is going on with Happy Dolls. I think only Beautiful Dolls distributes them to other countries and as far as I am concerned, I am through with them. They don't respond to emails if you have a problem, so no service after the sale, no future business from me.

As of now, there are a couple other options and one is Teddy Babes and the other Textile Doll. Of the two, the latter IS willing to work with their customers to create a custom doll. One of my friends here on the forum, Privatetai, has both a Dagmar (of which he has joint problems like I do) and he has a doll From Textile. His doll is a complete custom made doll since he wanted a BBW type doll. So far he has had that doll for almost 2 years and it has no joint problems. It also has articulated fingers with no wires, so there is no chance of wire poke through.

From what I can see, the only drawback to Textile Doll, is the plastic heads. They look good, but if you are big with kissing your doll (as I am), that will definitely be a drawback.

It is a big disappointment that Happy Dolls chose to skimp on the skeleton of their dolls. With the silicone head that also has an M16 bolt mount that could interchange heads with WM or JY dolls, it is one of the best looking and best feeling fabric dolls out there. But for those, like myself, that like to dress up and pose their doll for photography, the skeleton is unacceptable.

The main thing I want to do now is to get another doll so I am not without one and look into replacing all the arm and leg joints in the Dagmar doll. The trouble is finding out what materials to use for the joints. It would seem the best option would be to obtain a known reliable skeleton from another doll, remove the joints and mount them to the PVC frame that is in the Dagmar doll. But I don't know where to begin to find a skeleton here, and worse, I don't want to make a mistake and get another bad skeleton design. From what I gather, DS or 6YE has one of the best skeleton designs, and thusfar I have not come across a bare skeleton for either.

Still it just has me wondering if all of this is worth the time and effort and perhaps I should just get a new doll from Textile Doll.

Now, Teddy Babes. I contacted them and sadly they do not offer any kind of customization outside of skin color and how you want the face to look (I didn't know they could even do that). So it is possible that you could have them position the facial features in a more realistic manner. Looking at their dolls, I found the "Sabrina" face to be the one that looks most attractive (to me):

http://teddy-babes.com/sabrina-deluxe/

I don't think that is bad at all. One of the new changes that Teddy Babes have made is silicon lips. So that would make for improved kissing. However, a problem remains in the extreme body measurements and even though Teddy Babes are designed to fit in a size small outfit (sizes mentioned are US), the waistlines are so thin that any clothing will lump and bag in this area. I even had a bit of a problem with this on the Dagmar doll. The Dagmar doll is a very obtuse measurement not falling fully into either a small or medium. She's a small on the top to waist and a medium, almost pushing a large. So I really couldn't buy mermaid or pencil dresses for her since they need to be a uniform size. The only dresses that would work were those that had large flared skirts like a swing or skater dress in which don't have a hip measurement. In this case, the Dagmar doll looks awesome in a swing dress. Here is my Eryka in a swing dress:

viewtopic.php?f=142&t=94133

The first few pictures down, the dress she is wearing with the butterflies is a swing dress.

I would think that you could one of these dresses on a Teddy Babe and use a belt to cinch the waist. That should look good.

I don't know if you are here in the United States, but Teddy Babes is US based and US made. So I would gather that shipping time and charges would be less than having doll come from overseas. Given that Teddy Babes has a sale right now at $699 for a deluxe model and the shipping is estimated at $100, this does seem like the least expensive way to go.

Textile Doll is more expensive than the Dagmar doll, but from what I gather it is a better quality. If you want more details on a Textile Doll, please check out my friend's link here:

viewtopic.php?f=87&t=90096

No one has done a more thorough and fully detailed review of a Textile Doll than he did. You will see that I do have extensive conversations with him and he has been a huge help in helping me find out what I like in a doll. He owns a few dolls including a Dagmar and a few TPE skin dolls.

Textile Doll is based in Europe, but I do not know if the dolls are made there. However, the dolls go through a very stringent quality control, unlike Happy Dolls. So even though it is a bit more expensive, it is a better built doll overall.

As for Teddy Babes, they have been around for a while and even though they do have some problems, they do listen to their customers and from what I can tell, they have seen a major update recently.
I have read some threads here with people that have owned a Teddy Babe for 6 - 10 years with perhaps having a minor issue or two with the skeleton. However, being a full wire skeleton, it is a very easy to repair one. But I been in contact with David at Teddy Babes and he said the entire skeleton was improved, not just the joints. He said the skeleton is less stiff now and it gives more. Also the wire is a better quality and it is more resistant to breakage.

So that is it really. There are other plush dolls out there, such as the Valentina Girls dolls, but they are WAY too cartoonish for me. I think there is another manufacturer of Anime style dolls too, but that is not my cup of tea. So far, with all of the research I have done, it looks like it comes down to either a Teddy Babe or a doll from Textile Doll. My suggestion is to concentrate your research on them. If the Teddy Babes is not to your liking and you want a doll to dress and photograph (as well as to cuddle with) then gravitate to Textile Doll. If you are looking for more of a cost savings and to have a doll to cuddle with and bang a lot, than take pictures of outfits of, then the Teddy Babes is the way to go.

For me the Happy Dolls Dagmar with the Silicon head offered both and that is what I wanted. But sadly due to the crappy skeleton and poor customer service, it is not worth it to buy from them again. It is a sad shame because that doll has so much potential. As my thread even shows. She's a VERY good fashion model and came very close to having a full silicon doll, but having the benefits of a fabric doll.

I often leave here for a long while and come back mainly because I want to see if there are new companies that come out and if there are new improvements in the sex doll industry. Sadly, this industry seems to move very slowly in the improvements department. Since I made my purchase in 2017, only this year I am seeing some changes with companies and I think that is mainly due to the Covid-19 lockdown. So it is nice to see some changes, but I have not come across anything radically new.

So from my research, it looks like I am between Teddy Babes and Textile Doll right now.

I hope that long winded response was of some help.

D

lvjtn
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by lvjtn »

Diaval wrote:You have had a Dagmar for 3 years?
nope, i have a yl-155 tpe doll, she's 4y old, but most of her joints are too loose now, and her right ankle is broken, that's why i'm looking for a new doll now. i'd prefer the weight of the fabric dolls, and the general look of the happy dolls is okay for me. however, the news about the skeleton you shared is a bit discouraging

my only hope is the latest happy dolls model (which is dagmar afaik) was introduced 3-4y ago, so maybe they are working on a new, better model. actually that's what i asked: does anybody know about a new model with improved skeleton

and no, i'm not from the usa, i'm hungarian living in the eu, so textile doll can be a good choice for me, though their dolls don't have silicon breast implants, as i see, so it's hard to pick up a "perfect" next doll

Diaval
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Diaval »

lvjtn wrote:
Diaval wrote:You have had a Dagmar for 3 years?
nope, i have a yl-155 tpe doll, she's 4y old, but most of her joints are too loose now, and her right ankle is broken, that's why i'm looking for a new doll now. i'd prefer the weight of the fabric dolls, and the general look of the happy dolls is okay for me. however, the news about the skeleton you shared is a bit discouraging

my only hope is the latest happy dolls model (which is dagmar afaik) was introduced 3-4y ago, so maybe they are working on a new, better model. actually that's what i asked: does anybody know about a new model with improved skeleton

and no, i'm not from the usa, i'm hungarian living in the eu, so textile doll can be a good choice for me, though their dolls don't have silicon breast implants, as i see, so it's hard to pick up a "perfect" next doll
Oh Oh, I see what you meant. You mean the Dagmar doll has been FOR SALE for 3 years. I misinterpreted that you had one for 3 years. So even with a doll with a good reputation as YL has you still get skeleton problems, huh? Given the fact that the Dagmar Doll is 34 lbs, I found that weight to be perfect for me. I don't know how you guys can lug around these dolls that are 70lbs and over. Let alone dress them or change positions with them. Granted the TPE and silicone dolls are gorgeous, there is no denying that, but you need the strength of a line backer or bodybuilder to move them around. Further it seems that the TPE / Silicone dolls are prone to foot and finger problems. In terms of the skeleton, and doing some heavy research, it seems that DS and 6YE offer an excellent skeleton design. Granted there could be others and I am sure those dolls that reach $8k and more also have good skeletons, but the average guy doesn't have that kind of money. I know I don't. While I can spare $2000, the trouble is that there seem to be more negatives to a TPE or Silicone doll than there is positives. They are heavy, do not have good longevity for the cost, they are hard to dress, they are cold to the touch and you bump them up against anything and the skin is damaged. So it does seem to point to fabric dolls having FAR more positives with the main downside being realism.

As far as I know, there were no improvements in the Happy Dolls line. But you would have to go to the Beautiful Dolls site to check. I know that I am done with both Happy Dolls and Beautiful Dolls because of the poor service. As for the skeleton, this is a known problem with the Happy Dolls line in general, but particularly the Dagmar doll. My friend and I both purchased this doll, he bought his a few months before me. He started to get a problem with one joint as I was going through the motions of purchasing my doll. When I received mine, RIGHT AWAY I had a problem. Both his doll and mine continued to develop problems. My doll has experienced two hiatus' due to space issues on my part and wanting to keep the doll a secret from my family. So I had her packed away for over a year and I only took her out for a week last June (2019), when my family was away. She is again in the box. While I have moved into a new house, I have to have a closet built. But when I was using my doll her left arm joints loosened up to the point where the arm barely holds up on it's own (it slowly drifts down). The right arm, the elbow joint went, but the shoulder joint is still fine. The legs are also fine. With my friend's doll, his was in continuous use and as such he told me that ALL the limb joints loosened on his to the point where the doll's limbs are 'flopping'. So I know that my doll is eventually going to end up like this. So sadly, I cannot recommend this doll unless you don't mind the joints loosening up. But if you want the doll to dress up and take pictures of, you will eventually be disappointed.

Sadly, there isn't a perfect doll. I did EXTENSIVE research in 2017 and came to the conclusion that the Dagmar doll came the closest to what I wanted. I had become very attached to my doll and just when things were going really good with her, then this disappointment happened.

So with Happy Dolls out of the equation, sadly it does seem to fall on either Textile Doll or A Teddy Babe. The latter is NOT going to be a realistic representation of a woman in anyway. So if any kind of realism is very important to you, then Textile Doll is the way to go. Since you mentioned that you are in Hungary, that does put you really close to Textile Doll and they probably could do good by you shipping wise.

No the dolls do not have silicone implants, so I am figuring the breasts and butt probably have more of a squishy feel to them, but the trade off is that the doll is lighter.

I have been in contact with Textile doll and since I am really mostly put off by the heads, I am curious if they will make a custom doll with an M16 threaded socket. If they can do that, then the body could adapt to many different heads that are out there, including my Dagmar head. BUT the Dagmar head uses an M16 post adaptor and this part goes up into the head. From what I can see on the design of the Textile Doll, it is already a post design, but it is long. So in the very least, if Textile Doll can't offer an M16 thread modification, they could definitely make the post head mount shorter so I can put the Dagmar head on the Textile Body. So this is where I am now.

This has my gears turning. Does your YL doll have an M16 thread mount?

lvjtn
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by lvjtn »

Diaval wrote:So even with a doll with a good reputation as YL has you still get skeleton problems, huh?
yep, the joints aren't as good as they should be, so unless you put a tpe doll sitting on your coach and never touch it again, i think the lifetime of a tpe doll is not longer than 3-5years. i treated my doll carefully. and not only the skeleton but the tpe material itself can be a problem: stain, mould, tearing are very common problems, and the weight, as you mentioned. maybe i'll by a silicon doll later, when the economy will be more stable, but till then i really want a light-weight doll whom i can cuddle before sleeping. fabric dolls would be perfect for me, i'm actually surprised they aren't more popular.
Diaval wrote:Does your YL doll have an M16 thread mount?
yes, all yl dolls have this kind of connector

thanks for your answer! now i can mull over the purchase options

INFORMATIONS