www.wmdolls.com

Question about wigs

WM dolls was establish on 2012, we have own production base (located center of Greater Bay Area, Guangdong, China), which is one of the most professional and the biggest factory of realistic sex dolls in the world.
As pioneered TPE used and many famous brands' dolls manufacturer, We have been focusing on customer experience, and continue to work hard to develop new functions for dolls.
We have many patents and independently developed exclusive functions, Such as Breathing feature, Ball Joints Hand Skeleton, Real Oral Sex(ROS) Head, etc.
avante
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Question about wigs

Post by avante »

Hey guys,

Was wondering if anybody can enlighten me about wigs, and the difference between 2 types. Now I only have synthetic wigs like this:
without.jpg
without.jpg (444.18 KiB) Viewed 3190 times
These are generally cheap. And some sellers sell similar looking wigs, only which also have like piece on the front head (dunno what it is called) like this, which are generally more expensive:
with cut line.jpg
with cut line.jpg (286.12 KiB) Viewed 3190 times
What I am wondering is: does anybody use these last? and what is actually different? I mean; is it other quality? does it look better? should I consider these? what is the purpose anyway ;p?
New in: IT 164+ the curves are real: viewtopic.php?p=2475683#p2475683
My doll experience : WM 158D tales & pics: viewtopic.php?f=215&t=85063&start=465

Sofos
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Question about wigs

Post by Sofos »

The second looks like a front lace wig to me. Personally I like it as it gives a more natural hairline. take a look at Emmas hairline

(be sure to click and view in full size)

the hairs are individually tied to the lace making them appear as if they grow out from the scalp. So it gives a much more natural look :thumbs_up:

However, then there are of course lots of different qualities among the front lace wigs too...

Sofos
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Sofos »

Here you can see a close up on the lace when I pull it out from the scalp a little

Dr Dollinger
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Dr Dollinger »

Great looking wig with that natural hairline on your Emma!
Was it expensive?
Jazzmine______________________________________________Demona____________________________Druuna

Roona
_

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

Sofos wrote:The second is a front lace wig. Personally I like it as it gives a more natural hairline. take a look at Emmas hairline

(be sure to click and view in full size)

the hairs are individually tied to the lace making them appear as if they grow out from the scalp. So it gives a much more natural look :thumbs_up:

However, then there are of course lots of different qualities among the front lace wigs too...
Perfect, beautiful 8)

Sofos
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Sofos »

Not that expensive actually. I think not even $50 each. But while looking great from the front it has some flaws:

1. The hair in the lace part is of good quality but the rest of the hair is much lower quality and gets very matt and tangles easily.
2.There is no part at all in the top of the head. A part can be created in the lace section but that is only ~2cm wide. So looking from the top the wig isn't that realistic.
3. It sheds quite a bit of hair when combed through...
4. The hair isn't feeling that good when you touch it, most notable when you put your face to it. A bit rough and with sharp ends.

I have a strong feeling you get what you pay for when it comes to wigs...
So call us crazy but we have a $200 human hair wig incoming that Emma ordered using my credit card :roll:
I bet she will review it once it arrives :thumbs_up:

Dr Dollinger
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Dr Dollinger »

Sofos, thank you for your extended and helpful answer.
Looks like this wig is mostly useful for photography from certain angles.
$200! No, i don't call that crazy. I call that passion :)
Really curious, how do you like it!
An Emma review is greatly appreciated
Jazzmine______________________________________________Demona____________________________Druuna

Roona
_

JunkGuy
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JunkGuy »

If wig has bangs, it shouldn't matter.

Without bangs though and a noticeable part, the lace front's will generally look better because the hair is looped through the holes in the lace which can sit directly on the scalp and provide a more natural forehead. (The excess lace is cut off.) Without lace front, the hair comes out the wig cap which is thicker than lace and makes it appear as if the hairline is raised a millimeter or so at the part.

Brie's wig does not have lace, so there's a little bit of a rise and some wig cap showing at certain angles. This is something I typically try to digitally fix in my photosets, sometimes more successfully than other times. Note her part here doesn't go all the way down to her forehead and instead it clumps out into half-wig cap, half-hair where indicated.
hair.jpg
hair.jpg (41.21 KiB) Viewed 3098 times

avante
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by avante »

Thanks for the extensive replies guys!

I now understand the difference quite a bit better!

Probably buy one or two with my next wig buy round.
My doll experience : WM 158D tales & pics: viewtopic.php?f=215&t=85063&start=465

Sofos
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Sofos »

Dr Dollinger wrote:Sofos, thank you for your extended and helpful answer.
Looks like this wig is mostly useful for photography from certain angles.
$200! No, i don't call that crazy. I call that passion :)
Really curious, how do you like it!
An Emma review is greatly appreciated

Emma has now posted her review!
http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... 1#p1201501

Dr Dollinger
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Dr Dollinger »

Thank you for the nice info Sofos, i will check that! :D

Roona
_

Forb
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Forb »

I hope you dont mind me hijacking this thread, this issue I'm having probably isn't worthy of its own thread... i dunno..

So I'm in lace front wig HELL. It was great when I first got it but I stored it in a plastic bag that came from something else and it got destroyed by static electricity. When I took it out every fiber was off in it's own direction... So I used some wig conditioning spray, and some anti-static spray and it's mostly back to normal but it has lost its style completely and I have no idea how to fix it. The hair in front (the lace part) just hangs straight over her face. I tried letting it dry with her head tilted back but it still just goes right over her face... I haven't tried hair spray but I can only imagine the mess I would make.
I'd put my beautician skills at a 3.5 maybe 4.... out of 100. So if this requires anything even remotely advanced... its trash :(
Pics:
DSC_0160.JPG
DSC_0160.JPG (255.41 KiB) Viewed 2738 times
DSC_0158.JPG
DSC_0158.JPG (200.37 KiB) Viewed 2738 times
Really such a shame too as this wig looked AWESOME when we got it. In fact I put it away (in a shitty bag) to keep it in mint condition until I could get some good photos :roll:
Here is the link to the wig 40% off right now for black friday. I paid $65 for it just last week. https://www.epiccosplay.com/hecate-apple-red-mix.html It looked exactly like that.

Any ideas guys/gals?
thanks, forb.
-Melissa: 2017 Sanhui 156/Amelia
-Abby: 2018 Sanhui 158/Marya

optical delusion
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by optical delusion »

maybe try some fabric softener mixed with water in a spray bottle. it supposed to be a poor mans wig spray but highly effective. plus it smells nice

JunkGuy
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JunkGuy »

1. You might not have found the proper hairline part. Yours looks centered while the website shows it off center. Its sometimes easier to find these again by looking from underneath, through the wig cap.

2. Once you have it combed the way you want, and sitting on your doll's head, apply some spray conditioner made for wigs and then cover the wig with the fishnet baggie the wig probably came in (or the one your original WM doll's wig came with) and let it sit overnight. This will hold hair in place while conditioner dries, such that when you remove the fishnet bag it stays put and doesn't go back to this messy look.

avante
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by avante »

Great tips JG!
JunkGuy wrote:1. You might not have found the proper hairline part. Yours looks centered while the website shows it off center. Its sometimes easier to find these again by looking from underneath, through the wig cap.

2. Once you have it combed the way you want, and sitting on your doll's head, apply some spray conditioner made for wigs and then cover the wig with the fishnet baggie the wig probably came in (or the one your original WM doll's wig came with) and let it sit overnight. This will hold hair in place while conditioner dries, such that when you remove the fishnet bag it stays put and doesn't go back to this messy look.

So I've finally got my first front lace wigs...well a while ago actually, dared not touch them jet :whistle:

I am wondering about the cutting of the excess lace. Really stupid questions probably, but do you cut i on the head? and just how close to the hairs are you supposed to go; I mean do you guys use like a guideline?

INFORMATIONS