betterlovedoll.com

Is it possible to change your TDF name without losing rank?

This forum is devoted SOLELY to questions and answers regarding how to use the forum and other features of the "The Doll Forum" website. Questions or help regarding dolls should be posted elsewhere. Bug reports can also all be found here. If you encounter a bug, this is where to address it.
lovingchanj
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Is it possible to change your TDF name without losing rank?

Post by lovingchanj »

Hello fellow members,

I tried changing my nickname in the profile section but it didn't work. Is it possible to do this without losing post totals?

Thanks to anyone who can help me here.

lovingchanj
The more I understand, the less I know.

stacy718
Photographer
Photographer

Post by stacy718 »

Lovingchanj,

I am sad to say that you cannot change your name. However an account can be abondoned and you can start over as a new member. You will go back to lurker status though.

I tried to lose the 718....but to no avail :(

*Stacy

Poet
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Poet »

lovingchanj, if this is to do wth TDAlbum reg, can U up-date e-mail so U have only one e-mail addy available? If the system sees two, it is possible another member has the same name or, it's possible U have 2 diff e-mail accts on file, if the latter is the case simply update e-mail under your acct & make sure the e-mail supplied thru the TDAlbum reg is the same.

If this has nothing to do with the album request never mind but ya, what Stacy said, U change U.N. U got back to square one. Just ask Mephistopheles about that one (formally know as Peter_Girth). Poet
<div><strong>I'll have to make my own Uschi Doll</strong></div><br />

peter_girth

Post by peter_girth »

Poet wrote:If this has nothing to do with the album request never mind but ya, what Stacy said, U change U.N. U got back to square one. Just ask Mephistopheles about that one (formally know as Peter_Girth). Poet
Tell me about it. :wink:
Reality sucks. I've had enough reality for one lifetime.

Mephistopheles
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Mephistopheles »

Poet wrote:If this has nothing to do with the album request never mind but ya, what Stacy said, U change U.N. U got back to square one. Just ask Mephistopheles about that one (formally know as Peter_Girth). Poet
But not to worry, you will get "back in the fold" soon enough. :wink: :wink:
Stupidity is another word for conventional wisdom.<br>

Inkling
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Inkling »

Anyone may update their own e-mail address in their Profile.

When you register, the only way we "know" you is by User Name and e-mail address.

Yes, it is possible to change your rank, but if (for example) I were to change a "new" member's rank, it would stay at that rank until it was changed again. So someone with the proper level of admin access would have to count your posts and keep changing your rank until you are the highest rank (40 posts?). I don't recomend this for admin/asst admin because we would have to treat everyone the same, which means we might have to track two or three people this way. Personally, I'm not thrilled about counting posts, but an easier way to do this is use TDForum Search feature once a week. Um, I think we have enough to do without volunteering for this.

Another related thing:
Your new account cannot access your Member Gallery and I cannot create an album inside a User category. Users in Member Gallery are not quite a category and not quite an album (it's a Coppermine thing).
So:
Send me a PM after creating an album in Member Gallery. Then I can move images from your previous User Name to your current User Name in Member Gallery. I can Move, Edit, Delete, but cannot Create your albums in Member Gallery.

INFORMATIONS