betterlovedoll.com

Forbidden Error Message

This forum is devoted SOLELY to questions and answers regarding how to use the forum and other features of the "The Doll Forum" website. Questions or help regarding dolls should be posted elsewhere. Bug reports can also all be found here. If you encounter a bug, this is where to address it.
aire_tam_storm
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Forbidden Error Message

Post by aire_tam_storm »

Ok, I can't get rid of this screen no matter what I do.. If I click on The Doll Album link, or the Doll Album Registration links I end up at a white screen saying Forbidden. I've tinkered with security settings, logged in and out, even tried different browsers, nothing seems to make it go away. What's going on here? I ran a search on the term "Forbidden" too, and it came up empty, so I'm going to assume this topic hasn't already been discussed...
[img]http://members.aol.com/ZakullKai/emeraldweapon.gif[/img]

B3F11dolly
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by B3F11dolly »

maybe you have the same problem I have :(

When I add pictures to my posts, and they are uploaded to the doll album, and then I click on "preview", I can see the pictures. When I now click on "submit" and the post is entered to the thread, the picture is gone. I now only see this box with the red cross for missing pictures, as if the link was broken ( but it isn't, I know how to do links and picture was there on preview ). When I copy and paste the url of the picture to the address line of my browser, I get this "forbidden" message. And yep, I tried different browsers as well. But I never had any problems with linking pictures uploaded to my member gallery.
Bill, Inkling and Co told me this must be due to some security request done by the doll album server ( the request comes from the post on another server, and the doll album server checks the request ). Somehow my computer doesn't get that request. Bill says he had somebody with that problem before and this is probably because of some security settings or firewall settings on my part, but he never found out what it is. And yep, I still don't know. Maybe I should buy a new computer, problem is : computer IS new :roll:

Bill
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by Bill »

aire tam storm,

You don't get the "Welcome To The Doll Album" page with the choice of leave, view, or archived dolls?

aire_tam_storm
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by aire_tam_storm »

Sounds like he same problem I'm having Vanessa, except I can still post image links just fine.

Bill, when I click on The Doll Album, I actually get a screen that says:
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Test Page
This page is used to test the proper operation of the Apache HTTP server after it has been installed. If you can read this page, it means that the Apache HTTP server installed at this site is working properly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are a member of the general public:
The fact that you are seeing this page indicates that the website you just visited is either experiencing problems, or is undergoing routine maintenance.

If you would like to let the administrators of this website know that you've seen this page instead of the page you expected, you should send them e-mail. In general, mail sent to the name "webmaster" and directed to the website's domain should reach the appropriate person.

For example, if you experienced problems while visiting www.example.com, you should send e-mail to "webmaster@example.com".

For information on Red Hat Enterprise Linux, please visit the Red Hat, Inc. website. The documentation for Red Hat Enterprise Linux is available on the Red Hat, Inc. website.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you are the website administrator:
You may now add content to the directory /var/www/html/. Note that until you do so, people visiting your website will see this page, and not your content. To prevent this page from ever being used, follow the instructions in the file /etc/httpd/conf.d/welcome.conf.

You are free to use the image below on web sites powered by the Apache HTTP Server:

As for the Doll Album Registration, when I click on it I'm taken right away to a page that says:
Forbidden
You do not have permission to access this document.

Web Server at DollAlbum.com

Inkling
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Inkling »

I've never seen that. Just in case you are using a bookmark or something:
Are you trying TDAlbum link left side of TDForum screen under Menu?

If one uses URL tags instead of IMG tags in posts, do the photos come up then?

If you are using Firefox, have you checked your "cookie" settings?

Another thing that has thrown me off on rare occasions, is once I get a screen and make another attempt, my computer is just giving me the same screen right from my own hard drive. Have you cleared Temporary Internet Files (in Windows OS) that are not needed? Easier: press Ctrl (it might be Alt) at the same time you click Refresh button.
<div>So long, and thanks for all the fish!<br>- Douglas Adams</div>

aire_tam_storm
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by aire_tam_storm »

Right, main menu, left side of the screen, right under where it lists the information on the chat room.

Bill
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by Bill »

aire tam storm,

Wow! That is strange and I don't have any idea as to what could be causing it. I had one member who never got it working on his PC but it worked on his notebook using the same service. He was due for another PC and it worked okay on it. It seems to be working for a majority of the members.

Maybe the security has some IPs blocked but Mytime controls all that stuff. I had thought blocked IPs were released in 24 hours.

When you get a chance I suggest you try from another PC using your login.

B3F11dolly
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by B3F11dolly »

aire tam storm wrote:Bill, when I click on The Doll Album, I actually get a screen that says:
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Test Page

8O and I thought I had problems
sorry, never seen that message
Inkling wrote:Have you cleared Temporary Internet Files (in Windows OS) that are not needed?

I don't think this helps here, because for sites not loading the computer should send a new request on next time loading. Anyhow Temporary Internet Files can be one big trouble maker. With another website my friend has, he once got an email asking something about a certain text on his site. He didn't get what the question was about, and in the end he found out the person was talking about something that was put offline about 1,5 years ago. But with that person, it was still loading :?

B3F11dolly
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by B3F11dolly »

me again... :oops:
actually I'm not sure if I know that apache message or not

normally I get this one :
when I load a post with a linked picture from the doll album, the picture is missing for me and when I now copy and paste the picture url to the address line of the browser and hit enter, there it is :

Forbidden
You do not have permission to access this document.
Web Server at DollAlbum.com

anyhow I had messages with Apache blah blah blah as well, but the text was shorter than yours, Aire, I think it was only the first part of the message. Funnily ( grrr, very funny ) I don't know how to check this out, if I knew how to provoke that message, I knew do to avoid it....

oh, btw... ( going off topic )
with me the search function doesn't work :
"sorry - this module isn't active"
asked other people, with them it works quite fine

:cry:

Mephistopheles
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Mephistopheles »

Now that you mention it, I see that "Forbidden" screen too, but I attributed it to the fact that I was not signed on to the forum. I also recall seeing that Apache Server screen once or twice if my memory serves me, which it usually doesn't. :wink: I admit to reading TDF from my machine at work, but I do not sign on from there. But the machine runs XP Professional and IE with Norton/Symantec Firewall if that is a help to anyone. When signed on and using Firefox there have never been any problems.
Stupidity is another word for conventional wisdom.<br>

INFORMATIONS