Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

RD2 Face C, Aimee 2010

Reviews on Abyss/RealDoll Products and Support
Forum rules
This area of the forum is dedicated to Product reviews and Manufacturer support reviews only.

All posts in the Reviews section have to be approved by a moderator before they show up and will be locked after approval.
Reviews will only be approved if evidence is provided to back up the claims that are made.
space__case
Active Poster
Active Poster

RD2 Face C, Aimee 2010

Post by space__case »

This thread is locked. To view the original thread and post a comment please see:
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=89&t=32257

Hi everyone,

I picked my RD2 up at SEKO on Thursday. I wanted to wait and get some better pictures, but I decided to go ahead and share what I have. The whole experience went pretty smooth. The guy at SEKO was real friendly, but of course asked, "what's in there?" I said, "Sculpture my friend made." It's kind of true I suppose. He seemed to believe it.

A few comments. The doll is heavier than I anticipated. There is now way to know until you have to move one of these girls around. I can't imagine what it's like to move the older, heavier dolls. I'm sore. And I now see what all the talk about finger pokes is about. Those things really are vulnerable. But what I must say is how life-like these dolls are! She still surprises me and even startles me. Especially from the corner of my eye. They really are beautiful pieces of art. Anyway, it's been an adventure!

p.s. The photos are a little blurry because I don't have a tripod yet. I've never been a fan of the flash on my camera. Way too strong.
Attachments
IMG_8784.JPG
IMG_8784.JPG (322.34 KiB) Viewed 4000 times
IMG_8786.JPG
IMG_8786.JPG (322.17 KiB) Viewed 4000 times

space__case
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: She Has Arrived!

Post by space__case »

Wow. Thanks for all the compliments and well wishes. I do not have a name for her yet...I guess that will come in time. She also has a second face and wig (I'll need two names in that case). I will look into getting her in the doll album and matrix as soon as I can. I'm very busy with work right now-- such a shame. I'd like to have more time to experiment with the camera and build a stand for her. And to Stacey-- I have a point and shoot camera. I've had it for a couple years and have experimented with the settings. It really seems a tripod is needed if there is not enough natural light. I hate using flash.

I should have mentioned she is a face C, Aimee, medium skin tone, brown eyes, red lips and hair. Same as on Realdoll's website. Well, I guess that does it for now. Thanks everyone. This community has been such an incredible resource for doll ownership!! :D

INFORMATIONS