Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

RD Deluxe Torso 2012

Reviews on Abyss/RealDoll Products and Support
Forum rules
This area of the forum is dedicated to Product reviews and Manufacturer support reviews only.

All posts in the Reviews section have to be approved by a moderator before they show up and will be locked after approval.
Reviews will only be approved if evidence is provided to back up the claims that are made.
taisai
Active Poster
Active Poster

RD Deluxe Torso 2012

Post by taisai »

My RD Deluxe Torso review - Original topic: http://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtopi ... =1&t=43955

First let me start by saying I now know what some people mean when they say these dolls look so much better in person, than they do in photos. Especially the face; I love the eye's. Even my cat didn't know what to make of it.

Ordering - delivery - unboxing.
The staff at Abyss were awesome :glou: and fast at answering emails. The whole process took almost 10 weeks , but good things come to those who wait. Delivery to my door by UPS took only 2 days from California to Ontario, Canada.

The shipping weight is listed at 61 Lbs. but I believe the torso is closer to 50 Lbs. The sturdy cardboard box's dimensions are 35 1/2 " L x 21" W x 13" D. Included in the box along with the torso with face attached was...a wig in a bag, vaginal insert, insert rod, douche bulb, sponge wand, a bottle of RD cleaner, adhesive pack, and 4 samples of ID lube.

As for the doll itself... After manhandling it for about 20 minutes, I went to adjust the wig and noticed the neck is separating from the back of the head on one side. I'm not sure if I caused this , or if it arrived like this, but it looks like it should be an easy fix. Also noticed a very small tear at the top of the labia, but not a big issue.

I wasn't too sure of my choice in make-up and hairstyle/color, but I'm very happy with how it turned out. The butt looks a little smaller to me in person than it appeared in the video/photo's Abyss released, but it looks and feels VERY nice indeed. I MUST get a pair of denim jeans cut off into shorts. The waist is small at 22" and is somewhat flexible. There's a small range of movement from side to side and forwards and back. I love the curve in the lower back where it meets up with the bum...has always been one of my favorite parts of the female form.

The breasts are fairly firm and squeezable, with a slight jiggle if you slap them. I bought a 36DD bra that fits ok. (the green one in the pics.) So far the only thing I think I would change if I could would be either a darker skin tone or just slightly darker nipple/areola.

I found the leg stumps were very soft and not an issue at all and there is just enough of a shoulder to hold on good in various positions.

As nice as it would be to own a full doll, I'm Very happy with this torso so far. Based on my experiences in handling it , I can't imagine what it's like moving a full doll around.

I'll try to add more pics soon.
Attachments
doll review 055.JPG
doll review 055.JPG (1.36 MiB) Viewed 15058 times
doll review 043.JPG
doll review 043.JPG (1.4 MiB) Viewed 15058 times
doll review 111.JPG
doll review 111.JPG (1.48 MiB) Viewed 15058 times
doll review 041.JPG
doll review 041.JPG (1.21 MiB) Viewed 15058 times
doll review 003.JPG
doll review 003.JPG (1.62 MiB) Viewed 15058 times

taisai
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: My RD Deluxe Torso review

Post by taisai »

Just some more photos... :multi:
Attachments
doll review 064.JPG
doll review 064.JPG (1.35 MiB) Viewed 15056 times
squeezing leg stump
squeezing leg stump
doll review 039.JPG (1.37 MiB) Viewed 15056 times
doll review 090.JPG
doll review 090.JPG (1.44 MiB) Viewed 15056 times
doll review 037.JPG
doll review 037.JPG (1.42 MiB) Viewed 15056 times
doll review 004.JPG
doll review 004.JPG (1.44 MiB) Viewed 15056 times

taisai
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by taisai »

:plaidskirt: and a few more :haha4:
Attachments
doll review 006.JPG
doll review 006.JPG (1.28 MiB) Viewed 15050 times
doll review 086.JPG
doll review 086.JPG (1.08 MiB) Viewed 15050 times
doll review 051.JPG
doll review 051.JPG (1.7 MiB) Viewed 15050 times
doll review 146.JPG
doll review 146.JPG (1.27 MiB) Viewed 15050 times
doll review 017.JPG
doll review 017.JPG (1.24 MiB) Viewed 15050 times

taisai
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by taisai »

Peonyou101 wrote:Awesome taisai, congrats on your new doll ^^. Liking your pics and hope to see more pics of her in the future. Can you measure the doll from top to bottom and tell us how many feet and inches tall this torso is? Also what is the width of the doll from one side of the leg stomp to the other? I been wondering about it for a while.
Thank you... the dimensions are 33 1/2 " from top to bottom and the leg stumps are 18" from the outside of each.

Both of the repair jobs are finished now and looking good. :D

Also I noticed I forgot to mention some of the options I picked. I ordered the RD2 face D "Jenny" , medium skin tone, Sea green eye's, medium eye liner (black) , slate eye shadow, cinnamon lips, and hairstyle 714 -black.

taisai
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by taisai »

My apologies for not getting back to you all sooner and for some of the bad pictures in this post :whistle: The baby powder really shows up on camera :shakefist: I received a few PM's and requests here so I'll try to answer as best i can. One member wanted some video,but hopefully these pics and testimonial will suffice.

As for the butt on her looking smaller than I expected, this is due to me comparing the ass to the size of the waist in the Abyss photo's/video, But when you see it in person the waist is very small compared to the rest of the doll. So it's a perspective thing.I bought a pair of girls jeans size 6 / 29 that fit snug on the butt and loose on the waist, if this helps,but very hard to get on. I really enjoy the butt more than the breasts as it feels more like the real thing than the boobs.That being said There's "nothing like the real thing". I enjoy the powdering up just as much as the actual play time . :)

As far as usable positions during play time I find missionary and doggy to be a little tricky just trying to get the right height and angle. I use cushions and pillows to get it right. My favorite is laying on my side with her either facing me or away from me depending on which entry I want to use. And surprisingly I find cowgirl to be good as well. You definatley have to support her by holding on to the shoulder area with one hand and I hold a boob in the other. And the way her waist / hip area moves in this position is awesome ; looks very realistic. :D I have two bad shoulders and I find this is actually a good workout for me :o

So here's a few more pics (once again sorry bout the powder showing up so much in some of em) showing the size,sqeezabilty etc. I used an ethernet cable around the butt area to measure in a few pics as I didn't want to wrap a metal tape measure around. That measurement is 41" , which seems large at first but the way the leg stumps are it hard to get a realistic measurement there.Also a member in another thread wanted some close ups of the seams, so there's a few from around the underarm area where the seams are.
Attachments
IMG_2075.JPG
IMG_2075.JPG (1.47 MiB) Viewed 7449 times
IMG_2069.JPG
IMG_2069.JPG (1.63 MiB) Viewed 7449 times
IMG_2067.JPG
IMG_2067.JPG (1.57 MiB) Viewed 7449 times
IMG_2062.JPG
IMG_2062.JPG (1.41 MiB) Viewed 7449 times
the seams
the seams
IMG_2059.JPG (1.09 MiB) Viewed 7449 times