www.exdollus.com

DS 160+ Kayla Head

Reviews on DS Doll Products and Support
Forum rules
This area of the forum is dedicated to Product reviews and Manufacturer support reviews only.

All posts in the Reviews section have to be approved by a moderator before they show up and will be locked after approval.
Reviews will only be approved if evidence is provided to back up the claims that are made.
Rhomaahl
Apprentice
Apprentice

DS 160+ Kayla Head

Post by Rhomaahl »

This thread is locked. To view the original thread and post a comment please see:
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=143&t=64111

My new doll:

DS 160+, Kayla, green eyes, long brown hair, loose joints, no finger bones or nails.

Down payment on July 13. Ready to ship on July 24. They made a minor cosmetic alteration at my request to suit my exact preferences, this took another few days. Shipping took 6 days.

Pictures were taken with a smartphone. Pardon the image quality.
1.jpg
1.jpg (982.71 KiB) Viewed 3164 times
I had a lot of difficulty deciding exactly which DS Doll model I wanted to pick. I finally settled on the 160+ just in time for their recent discount, and made the order.

Then I spent a few weeks looking at pictures of the 160+, in which she gradually grew taller and taller in my mind, and I fretted that maybe she was too big-breasted, etc, and began to worry while waiting for manufacture and shipping.

Day 1:

Then she arrived, just the right size, and my worries about too-large breasts vanished: plenty to fill my hand without being overly huge. And very nicely soft. This picture shows the size of my hand for comparison.
3.jpg
3.jpg (853.85 KiB) Viewed 3164 times
I had thought that others were maybe exaggerating about the soft silicone. I have owned several dolls, from a plush fabric doll, a pair of American 110cm dolls, and a larger Russian torso doll. My 110cm dolls are of an older silicone that is stiff enough to literally support them on the tips of their breasts when lying face down.
The soft silicone of this DS doll is soft enough that it is actually better than my original plush fabric doll. And has enough internal firmness throughout the doll to avoid being a limp marshmallow.
The thigh, for example - just the right amount of firm thickness, comparable to actual human muscle, surrounded by a layer of sensually soft skin that is just wonderful.
The padding on her butt is a joy to feel, just as fun as her boobs.

The doll stand I ordered with her works quite well at hanging her for storage. I particularly like the hole through the head for hanging her with.

Night 1:

I am a 6-foot tall desk worker. Someone who is big enough to pick up things, but not particularly strong due to spending most of my life working at my computer. So it is not surprising that the weight of this doll is just heavy enough to be awkward at first. I also needed to learn how to move and position her skeleton, so the first night was something of a learning experience, but quite fun all the same.
I have owned a Fleshlight and a few other onaholes that were decent. The DS insert is better.

I am also now motivated to become strong enough to pick her up with ease.

Night 2:

The practice of Night 1 has paid off. Having a sense of which way to pose her so I can pick her up and put her in a new position meant I could maneuver her weight and size with much less effort (and soreness the next day). Her mid-spine joint in her waist is absolutely useful for posing her and assisting with various positions.

Day 3:

I am still startled when walking into my bedroom and wondering who is in there. She has fooled me about a dozen times so far today, sitting in a pose that looks instantly realistic. Her loose joints are just stiff enough remain seated without collapsing, but yields to a light push.

Conclusion:

When I ordered this doll, I had hoped for some modest improvements over my previous dolls. This doll has so far exceeded my expectations in every category that I am dumbfounded. The only question I have left is to see how durable she is, for she has been here only a few days.

The skeleton's poseability, her beauty, the softness of her skin, how good she feels as a bedpartner, her light weight for her size... and all this for the price DS Dolls sell their doll at? This purchase was worth every penny I spent. I no longer believe that others were exaggerating about this doll.

As you can see from my description, I bought her almost strictly for her utility in my bed. However, she is taking on something of a personality every time I look at her, and I can feel her becoming more of a companion than a toy. This did not happen with my previous dolls - the combination of realistic beauty, poseable eyes and skeleton all come together just right.

Her name is Karen, and she is wonderful.

Rhomaahl
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Her name is Karen, and she is wonderful. (DS 160+)

Post by Rhomaahl »

sture wrote:She's very beautiful!

You wrote that she has padding on her butt, how soft would you describe it? Squeezable like the tits? Is it like a gel inside?
The reason why I ask is because I had a pm conversation with DSdoll recently and they said that they finally decided to made the butt softer. I happen to know that the dolls that were sold here last month did not have soft butts! Could you provide a pic when squeezing the butt?
Happy Honeymoon.

Several other dolls I have (from other manufacturers) with a different material inside the breasts have this feeling like there is an implant or other layer disconnect in them. The worst doll I have owned feels like its just an air bubble inside the breast, with no resistance to squeeze.

I don't know exactly how DS built this doll, but this DS doll does not have any sensation of an artificially different material, what I would call an "implant discontinuity". It feels to me like it is simply a larger amount of the same soft skin as the rest of the body. The ass is indeed squeezable like the tits.
The breasts are pretty much a pair of big marshmallows, squeezable in their entirety, and at the right level of softness. The butt feels like 2x to 3x thickness of the same soft skin compared to skin elsewhere on the body, with the same muscle-thigh firmness underneath it, so theres a nice amount of padding to grab, but not an overbearing amount of it.

Pictures: Here are some quick pictures, assembled together. Keep in mind the doll is not powdered, so is more shiny & maybe some dust/hair stuck to her. (Sorry, I was lazy)

Included for comparison is an old toy made of a harder silicone that is consistent with the doll I mentioned as being able to rest on the tips of her breast. I think I got this toy sample maybe 8 years ago.
In this picture, I press each area with my fingers with the same force - you can use my fingernails as a reference for how deep they sink. Its not a lot of force... hard to describe it, but at least you can see how these 3 areas on the doll compare to each other.
fingerpress.png
fingerpress.png (868.22 KiB) Viewed 2909 times
Next is the requested hand squeeze. Tits vs butt for comparison. This is a moderately decent squeeze, not a "crush & crunch" maximum force. The skin returned to normal shape in about half a second after I released my squeeze:
Squeeze.png
Squeeze.png (4.94 MiB) Viewed 2909 times
And finally, just for comparison, this is my old toy being crushed at maximum force, just so I could get it to deform enough. I would estimate more than 2.5 times as hard a squeeze:
Maximum Squeeze.png
Maximum Squeeze.png (459.52 KiB) Viewed 2909 times

Rhomaahl
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Her name is Karen, and she is wonderful. (DS 160+)

Post by Rhomaahl »

Dees Man wrote:Hi Rhomaahl

Karen does look wonderful. Congrats on her arrival and am so happy for you that she is more than you expected. I totally understand how she is developing a personality. They do and it keeps growing.

You mentioned a minor cosmetic alteration. Do you mind me asking what that was? I didn't see it in your post.

Me and my girls look forward to seeing more pics of your wonderful Karen....... well after you have spent some time squeezing and getting to know her. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

DM
Thanks.
I asked them to repaint the nipple areolae larger, its a pretty specific taste of mine. I really should have specified this up front in my order, but they took care of it.

INFORMATIONS