www.exdollus.com

DS Mini

Reviews on DS Doll Products and Support
Forum rules
This area of the forum is dedicated to Product reviews and Manufacturer support reviews only.

All posts in the Reviews section have to be approved by a moderator before they show up and will be locked after approval.
Reviews will only be approved if evidence is provided to back up the claims that are made.
Paleonaturist
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

DS Mini

Post by Paleonaturist »

This thread is locked. To view the original thread and make a comment please see:
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=143&t=73054

Hi, DS Fans & Friends!

After a few tense days "Held In Warehouse", she began to move again - in my home state overnight, and in my city the next morning, "out for delivery" a half hour later.

That evening, I discovered a largeish box leaning casually against my front rail (Please pardon the quality of these images, taken with the world's dumbest smartphone):

The box had clearly been opened and resealed. Otherwise, it appeared in remarkably good shape. I carefully opened it a second time:

That little book is a slick and concise guide to the things that are important, the things that are safe (or otherwise) and the things you should know to get the most enjoyment from your DS Mini doll. It amused me to see that DS notes "You shouldn't play with your doll in any public place. DS is not responsible for any altercations which may arise..." - and then I remembered that we live in a society where it's necessary to label hot coffee as "hot".

Removing the outer foam cover, I was presented with this view:

Lookin' cute so far, but her head's a long way from where it was in the photos from John. That has to have been taken from somewhere, and I was hoping nothing was amiss . . .

Oh, no. Oh, dear - look at those ankles. No, not that - the ankles, down at the end of the box . . .

Gingerly, tenderly, lift her from the box and examine her ankles ... and they're fine. Straightened out, they look amazing. Let my eyes travel up those long, shapely legs. Let my fingers palpate her knees, searching for any telltale grating or floppiness - nothing! She seems to be in great shape!

How great?

She's pretty tired from her long journey, and a tad exasperated that I'm making her pose for pictures.

"Can we do this tomorrow? Please??"

I could use a hairbrush, here! It's difficult enough climbing all the way up here - where do you hide stuff, anyway?

There. That's better. Do you have matcha tea?

Where I came from, I was called "Eva.05-073". I don't like that name very much, do you?

Please, call me Kimi!

Her silicone is _amazingly_ soft - but somehow ever-so-slightly spongy. She's very different from both old-school RD and 4-Woods silicone. I find the "brown" color of her skin, though slightly greyish, to be both exotic and enchanting. Her joints are stiff enough to hold some poses, but don't leave her unattended for long, and her head can be a bit floppy in some positions - she's got a pretty good-sized head, in a fun "anime" way. She's also got the ability to move her shoulders forward and back, which, though subtle, I find delightful.

She's got exquisite facial makeup, and seems to have a bit of body-blushing going on as well. Not just her fingernails, nipples and toes, but I seem to catch glimpses of it on her elbows, as well as the petals at the apex of her thighs. Overall, I am quite pleased!

~B.
"Plays with dolls"

This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty.

Paleonaturist
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Please Welcome DS Mini Kimi!

Post by Paleonaturist »

Kimi and I thank you for the warm welcomes!

While waiting, and looking at photos of others' dolls who'd arrived in pink or yellow, I second-guessed, and wondered if I'd love this lady's duskier tones the way I hoped to. I shouldn't have worried.

While waiting, and reading others' stories of dolls who'd arrived injured, or have been delayed in their travels, I became quite worried. Dolls are supposed to _lower_ stress levels, after all! I am still worried, if hopeful, that all the mini-dolls (and the bigger girls, too!) will make their way home, and live long, healthy lives in their owners hearts, imaginations and arms.

Samara, "enchanted" is an excellent choice of words!

Irishgirl, my little online search of the name indicates that Kimi is Japanese, and means "She who is without peer". There are other DS Mini-Evas, but Kimi is mine - and in my eyes, she _is_ without peer. Plus . . .

If I ever decide to try out her blue eyes and the lighter wig (Oops! The second wig and hanging kit were ordered, but didn't make it into the box! No worries - John is on the case, and is shooting those out to the US as I tickle this keyboard!), then with just a couple of letter modifications, she can become "Kimmy", a deep-tanned beach-cutie. (No tan lines?! She must hang out at Gunnison!)

Kimi is sitting in my lap as I type, wearing that cute white bikini. (It's adorable that the bikini is constructed exactly as a woman's would be, with double-layered fabric where appropriate!) I find her weight and stature both easy to work around and decidedly comforting.

Thanks for peeking, and taking the time to comment!

~B.
"Plays with dolls"

This post is a natural product made from recycled electrons. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty.

Paleonaturist
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Paleonaturist »

Thanks, Folks!

LoneRanger, I'm thrilled with Kimi, but still pretty unhappy until I hear that your girl has started moving again . . .

DeadPringle, you ain't just whistlin' Dixie! I'm kind of obsessed with her softness, (though parts of her display, to a tiny extent, the slowed recovery-from-pressure you'd expect from memory foam, other parts are unexpectedly flesh-like. The softness between her thighs is surprisingly similar to that of a real woman!) with finding warm blushing tones in various parts of her body (belly button! knees! Her precious, oversized, sexxy little sitter!!), with the overall _her_!

~B.
"Plays with dolls"

Paleonaturist
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Paleonaturist »

Capt._Rye, I am in the US . . .

If I was looking at this doll today, after reading of the events of the last few weeks, I wouldn't order. Beautiful as she is, stress is something I need less of in my world these days, not more.

Windave, thank you.

~B., feeling ... subdued.
"Plays with dolls"

Paleonaturist
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Paleonaturist »

Well, after hearing so much bad news about the traveling woes of the DSMini ladies, Kimi wanted to see what she could do about cheering folks up around here.

She thought you might like to see what a natural poser she is, and is sure she remembers someone asking to see her with common household items.

(Plus, we have a new toy here - a Vivitar "action camera", which can be used just about anywhere - on a bike, in an aquarium ... or swimming with sharks in the open Atlantic. Wherever, you know.)

Kimi seems pretty comfortable wearing ... whatever ... which is a good thing, considering that her black stockings already have holes in both heels. (Seams came undone!) I mean, it's not like she's doing a lot of running around, y'know?

Kimi curled up and comfy in a chair.

Cozily flexible Kimi.

A yogurt snack - Don't spill any on the furniture, Kimi!

When viewing the photo, keep in mind that an "action camera" is going to have a wide-angle lens, and will make things in the foreground look bigger than they really are. Great for recording that fishing trip where "the big one got away"!

~B.
"Plays with dolls"

Paleonaturist
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Paleonaturist »

Thanks, All!

Irishgirl, that was just a mid-afternoon snack. That girl will eat all day long if I let her. (I sometimes wonder if she's got some Hobbit in her ancestry, or if her smaller size is the result of some sort of convergent evolution with the furry-footed ones . . . (~_^))

~B.
"Plays with dolls"

Paleonaturist
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Paleonaturist »

Thanks, Lahfan -

I wouldn't guarantee her safety; I think that Kimi slipped through a net somewhere, honestly. I know that DS has changed their shipping protocol, and that they're not offering the Mini or the 145 until at least after some tweaking has happened, but there's still someone out there in a position of some power who doesn't like these gals . . .

~B.
"Plays with dolls"

INFORMATIONS