www.exdollus.com

DS 160 Kayla Head

Reviews on DS Doll Products and Support
Forum rules
This area of the forum is dedicated to Product reviews and Manufacturer support reviews only.

All posts in the Reviews section have to be approved by a moderator before they show up and will be locked after approval.
Reviews will only be approved if evidence is provided to back up the claims that are made.
Scratch
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

DS 160 Kayla Head

Post by Scratch »

This thread is locked. To view the original thread and make a comment please see:
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=143&t=72836

I purchased a DS 160cm on May 9, and she arrived just 18 days later on May 27. I took the requisite unboxing pics and a few other photos. I will post the pics with some comments and then add a short review in a second post at the end.
Superbly packaged.
Superbly packaged.
IMG_2366.JPG (1.68 MiB) Viewed 3805 times
IMG_2368.JPG
IMG_2368.JPG (1.34 MiB) Viewed 3805 times
IMG_2369.JPG
IMG_2369.JPG (2.54 MiB) Viewed 3805 times
IMG_2371.JPG
IMG_2371.JPG (1.02 MiB) Viewed 3805 times
"One person's craziness is another person's reality." - Tim Burton
Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.

Scratch
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: New DS 160cm - Unboxing pics + review

Post by Scratch »

IMG_2372.JPG
IMG_2372.JPG (2.06 MiB) Viewed 3804 times
IMG_2373.JPG
IMG_2373.JPG (1.6 MiB) Viewed 3804 times
IMG_2374.JPG
IMG_2374.JPG (1.55 MiB) Viewed 3804 times
IMG_2375.JPG
IMG_2375.JPG (1.39 MiB) Viewed 3804 times

Scratch
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Scratch »

IMG_2378.JPG
IMG_2378.JPG (1.12 MiB) Viewed 3798 times
IMG_2382.JPG
IMG_2382.JPG (1.13 MiB) Viewed 3800 times
IMG_2379.JPG
IMG_2379.JPG (921.06 KiB) Viewed 3800 times
IMG_2381.JPG
IMG_2381.JPG (1.44 MiB) Viewed 3800 times

Scratch
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Scratch »

IMG_2387.JPG
IMG_2387.JPG (1.07 MiB) Viewed 3798 times
IMG_2394.JPG
IMG_2394.JPG (1.57 MiB) Viewed 3798 times
IMG_2396.JPG
IMG_2396.JPG (910.15 KiB) Viewed 3798 times
IMG_2399.JPG
IMG_2399.JPG (1.03 MiB) Viewed 3798 times

Scratch
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Scratch »

IMG_2400.JPG
IMG_2400.JPG (1.05 MiB) Viewed 3795 times
IMG_2404.JPG
IMG_2404.JPG (985.95 KiB) Viewed 3795 times

Scratch
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Scratch »

Stats:

DS 160cm
Loose joints
Yellow skin
Kayla head
Finger bones
Finger and toe nails
No pubes

Well, what can I say? Every good thing you've read here about DS dolls is true.

First, customer service was outstanding. John was very helpful as many others have already stated. Very smooth process start to finish. Paid 1/3 down to get the process started, paid the rest when the doll was ready to ship. John advised when she started production, when she was completed, with photos; when she was shipped and tracking numbers for both in China and after.
Grade: A

The packaging of the doll was outstanding. The cardboard box was very study, with foam inside and a removable foam piece covering the doll. She was wrapped securely in a sleeping bag, with hands wrapped to avoid finger damage. The head as well was wrapped in foam and very secure. She arrived in tact with no damage.

The doll itself is exquisite -
Skin: The skin is soft to the touch. I have never owned a TPE doll to compare, but this doll is very soft compared to the larger silicone dolls that I have handled. Her skin is similar in feel to the Aiko, which is softer but less human-like, if that makes sense. Her breasts are a handful, soft and fun to squeeze. Butt is a bit on the firm side compared to the breasts but still very enjoyable. The yellow skin color is, well, yellow, and in person it is - yellow. In hindsight I think I might have preferred ordering pink, but I may have wished for yellow had I seen pink first instead. :lol:
Joints: I am very happy I ordered the loose joints. They are easy to move, and in my opinion moving her arms and legs is intuitive, like you would a person. They do have stops to prevent moving too far, and with the loose joints its very easy to notice when this happens.
Weight: I find her weight very manageable. She is easy to cradle carry, to pick up from the floor, to transfer to and from wheelchair to bed / furniture and vice versa. She is of course not as light weight as a TB or Dekunoboo, but I have had no real difficulties in moving her from place to place.
Fingers: Hard to describe. They are not 'floppy', but they are not rigid either. They are very easy to position and they remain in place, but they are not rigid either. They do not appear to have points at the end, which will avoid finger pokes.
Feet:As most are aware, the DS dolls toes are webbed and stuck together, with the only separate between the big toe and the second. However they're very cute, squeezable and fun to move, and they seem quite realistic unless viewed up close.
Head: What can I say, the Kayla head is beautiful. Her eyes are very expressive. The eyelashes appear to be well secured and unlikely to wear or come off if any reasonable care is given. Her tongue is quite cute and easy to move and to pose. Of course this is not an oral head and will not be used that way. Tongue is for expressing her opinions only. :lol:

I ordered an extra insert, got one free, so she arrived with three inserts. The DS insert is top notch. I have used a variety of toys including Fleshlights, Doc Johnson URs, Lilith Uterus, and a couple others that were so bad I don't remember their names. Not to mention experiencing the feel of Aiko and Ruby 13. I have to say the only one to give the DS insert any real competition is the Lilith Uterus, which is probably still my favorite. She is not too heavy to move around in the middle of play time, although again not as convenient as a plush babe. We haven't done anything too extravagant so I can't report on cowgirls, reverse cowgirls, hanging upside down from a chandelier, etc. But it was nevertheless quite good.The only disconcerting thing about play time is that when her legs are spread to far there is a large gap all around the insert. I was concerned that this might lead to tearing but I inspected very closely after the couple of times of playing with her and everything seems fine. Very sturdy in my opinion. I've investigated the mesh inside the opening, which others have mentioned, and haven't noticed anything that is cause for concern. Because of the gap around the insert, I might have grade sex with the DS at A-, but the feel of the insert and over all quality of the insert and the opening boosts the grade back to an A.

All in all I am very satisfied with Doll Sweet. Fantastic doll and worth the price, particularly compared to other dolls of similar size. My only concern is that I may be to used to my plush babes and their ease of moving, dressing, playing and so on. We shall see.

Feel free to ask any questions or PM me if you want more specific info.

Scratch
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Scratch »

One thing I forgot to mention is the odor. She does have a bit of an odor that has not really subsided in the week since I unboxed her. I know this will go away with time though. It isn't extremely unpleasant but it is noticeable. I have used some perfume on her neck and head for snuggle time to help alleviate this somewhat. I have had company come by a few times this past week she had to rest in a closet for a bit so this might have contributed to making the scent linger somewhat though. It is definitely not something that would make me hesitate about buying her again, just a bit of info for the review so anyone using it as a guide won't be surprised when they open the box. :lol:

Scratch
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Scratch »

raulwie wrote:How much is the difference between the manufacturer's weight data and the real weight of your beauty?
I'm not sure, I'll have to weigh myself and weigh us together to get an accurate assessment. I'll try to make that happen sometime this week. I'm interested to know myself.

Scratch
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Scratch »

Daydream21 wrote:Hey Scratch, thanks for the thorough & helpful review and pics, good job!

You mentioned the gap around the insert & judging from photos I've seen (mostly of the 145 cm size), the look of the insert area seems to be DS's biggest negative. DS is still at the top of my list for getting a doll for its other qualities and overall attractiveness but it's hard to imagine getting turned on by a DS model when the vag looks so rudimentary. That region also seems to have a bulged shape that I find unappealing, again only based on photos.

But if you have additional observations or photos that suggest otherwise, I'm all ears/eyes.
Thanks Daydream. I don't really get turned on from looking that area, it's the overall aesthetic appeal for me. It can be a bit disconcerting to see how wide open it is after, because of fear of tearing. We haven't been really that active at all so time will have to tell the tale.

Of the three silicone dolls I've owned, the Ruby looks the most realistic, followed by the PIB, and the DS.. well doesn't look very realistic at all except what is visible with her legs more or less closed. The most realistic I've seen in photographs has to be the Real Doll, hands down. If you took a pic without any other detail around it you'd never guess it was a doll.

Scratch
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Scratch »

irishgirl wrote:Congrats Scratch, Very sexy indeed. Love the tongue pic! :plaidskirt:
Yes! She was showing me how precocious she might be before she ever got out of the box. :lol:

Scratch
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Scratch »

I've had my lovely lady sitting in the living room with me the past few days. She's lounged on the couch, sat on the chair, stared out the window, watched TV... in general getting comfortable with her new surroundings.

A couple of technical details that I've noticed during this time. The silicone seems to get compression marks rather easily, or at least what it seems to me. I left her sitting in the chair over night, and the chair seat has a small lip running around the edge. This rim left a small mark on the back of both thighs. I also left her hand slightly bent, and this left a compression mark at the top of the wrist. However, all of these went away quite quickly after moving from the position. But it is something to think about should you desire to leave your lady in the same position for a few days at a time. I have been moving her a bit every day since she came out of the closet after company left and so this is at most an over night observation right now.

I have also noticed that she is already feeling tacky again. I haven't powdered her since her arrival. I had read other reviews that have said that with the new silicone many owners were finding frequent powdering unnecessary. I watched TV with my head resting on her lap for a bit and had to peel my face from her leg :lol: Caveat: I leave the balcony door open almost 24/7 for my cat, and the air can be pretty humid. I'm thinking that may have something to do with it. Eventually she'll be dressed in more appropriate clothing so this may not be that much of an issue. Anyway, just something else that I've noticed.

Thanks everyone for the great comments and kudos, I really appreciate it! I'll post more notes as things come up and hopefully get some different pics up soon.

Scratch
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Scratch »

I finally took the time to weigh her, she comes in at 40 lbs exactly. I don't know if the loose joints help or its just the weight, but she is fairly easy to move around. I can pick her up off the floor with no problem and do not feel a strain in my back.

Scratch
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Scratch »

Quietowlhawk wrote:I noticed in one picture it seems she is sitting up with no support. I didnt know it could do that with those joints is that just the angle?

Is it just me or does it seem like people always want to sell their ds doll soon after getting it
She is sitting in the chair with no support, she is just leaning slightly forward. Her back arches a bit and she can sit up like that unsupported.

As to your other question, some people do sell their dolls right away as they find the weight to be too much, or for other reasons. But obviously there are tons of dolls owners here who do not sell their dolls and have multiple dolls in their household.

INFORMATIONS