In Loving Memory of our dear friend Slate

Paying our respect to TDF members and their friends and family who have passed on.
Succubusluver69
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Slate, You Will Be Missed!! Godspeed to You!

Post by Succubusluver69 »

I just heard about Slate/Scott's passing. I didn't have very much contact with him but did read his posts and valued his insights and wonderful gift of sharing with other members here. Ishtaria, please feel free to forward my deepest sympathies to Donna (trying without too much success to not cry at the keyboard). I lost my maternal grandfather this last summer to this type of cancer as well; and I didn't have the chance to say goodbye to him. :cry:

I recently saw
The Return of The King and I remember what the character of Gandalf mentioned of death to Merry. May Slate happily cross that sparkling white beach and delight in the 'good green land beyond'

Godspeed to you Slate!

Feeling the Loss with Head Bowed in Quiet Respect,
Succubusluver69

Ishtaria
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Ishtaria »

I'd like to share with everyone Slate's final post on the Doll Forum. It is classic Slate. :)
Slate wrote:
Inkling wrote:Yes, my nose is above average in its size, but it really is not as big as it looks in the photo. I know because I've seen many other photos of myself. The camera angle along with the camera being held too close at arms' length is why it looks so big. It's bigger than average, but not as big as it looks in the photo.
InkMan.

That's the exact same problem I have with my wanger pics!! :lol: :lol:

--Slate
:lol:

I hope they have some really cool dolls where you are now, Slate. :)

I miss your face. :(

Ish
[i]"Reality is a crutch for people who can't cope with drugs." ~Lily Tomlin[/i]

pat

Slate

Post by pat »

Sorry I'm a little late , ment no disrespect.
I had never really had any dialoge with Slate, but had read a lot of his posts.
He seemed to be a very sincere person with a good sence of humor ;and I'm sure many are sadened by his passing. He WILL be missed.

Pat

Boater
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Boater »

Like pat, I didn't know Slate as well as many of you all did. But I do remember seeing his posts and enjoyed/appreciated them/him and have spent the last few days reviewing his posts and reflecting on the feelings I got from that, and I just want to add my expression of heart felt sympathy and remorse for the loss you all and I now share with you. Most importantly to Scott/Slates wife and family. My prayers are with and for you.
Slates contributions and more importantly the spirit of those posts to this forum is the essence of this forum that attracted me here. Never any bickering or challenging or dissing from him that I can find...never. Just a good spirited joyful freeing conversation about life, living and humorously(sp?) informative exchange of ideas about the topic that drew us to this forum, dolls of all kinds and purposes. For that I will always remember Slate, and appreciate/respect him.
I know now he is at peace and without the pain. By his posts we are left with, we can be lifted from our pain of loss in our remembrance of him and his inspiration to us all. We miss him...but we will never forget him.
Thank you Scott. You're a good man. Seeya later dude!
"You never close your eyes anymore when I kiss your lips..." "The Righteous Brothers"

Sith_Lord

Post by Sith_Lord »

Wow This is terrible news. :(

I've been away from the forum lately, Although I knew of Scott's condition and noticed He was not posting for some time.

I hope He was able to spend His final days with family as He wished.

I know We all will miss Him. But I'm happy for the time he shared with us.
I suddenly realized I\'m living in a dollhouse!

Ricardo
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: Oregon, Illinois ~ Not quite the middle of nowhere, but I can see it from here ...

Note of Thanks from Slate's Wife

Post by Ricardo »

Dear Members of the Forum,

We recently printed the pages from Slate's Memorial thread and sent them to his wife. Today I received a lovely letter in reply, and she asked me to express her thanks to you all.
Mrs. Slate wrote:Many of the names on the pages are familiar to me, because Scott and I enjoyed the posts together sometimes. If you could kindly express my gratitude at the Forum it would be great. Thanks to all who posted on "Slate's" memorial and for the good energy and prayers for us, and I am sure he is still logging on from time to time.
Christmas will always be an extra special day. Not only for the reason that everyone celebrates, but I will keep it joyful for Scott's Freedom Day.
Love greatly every day and Peace be with you,
Donna
Respectfully submitted,
Ricardo
:smilecolros:
8) 'cardo 8) [i]Champagne wishes and Silicone dreams[/i] :smilecolros:

Inkling
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Inkling »

Donna sounds very nice and positive to look at Christmas that way, instead of a bitter memory. Someone at work had his wife of 15 years die. He mentioned all the memories. I pointed out to him that some folks go through life without those memories at all. Perhaps it is better to have lived and loved than to not have lived at all.
<div>So long, and thanks for all the fish!<br>- Douglas Adams</div>

lostboy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by lostboy »

I have enjoyed Scotts' contributions, and perspective. Hope that in spite of this great loss We may all remember his example and put or best foot forward.

Jerry
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by Jerry »

And now, less than a year from when you made this post, you too are gone Ish. Again we feel sorrow and loss.

Jerry
Use http://www.xe.com/ucc/ to calculate prices.

I never met a latex inflatable I didn't like...
Buy at the Doll Forum Toy Store... Give a doll a home!

B3F11dolly
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by B3F11dolly »

I didn't know Slate, that was before I joined here
but having a look at Ish's initial post on this thread
there's one sentence I just have to quote :

Ish, your "contributions to the
Doll Forum are legendary"

Thanks, I hope we can go on and keep your work alive
:wink:

Dollinlove
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Dollinlove »

Too young in this community to know him.

He made the step we will have to do one day, sure he prepare a place for all the doll lover over there, more than sadness, a hope for our future

(sorry for my bad english)

DollAfficionado

Post by DollAfficionado »

It is good to see that this thread has survived all the time I was away. Slate is a true TDF hero.
He embodies that for which TDF stands.

/salute

DollAfficionado (D.A.) 8)

Inkling
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Inkling »

In case anyone has not noticed, Member Galleries belonging to both Ishtaria and Slate are being preserved. They are still in the Member Gallery.

Doge

Post by Doge »

That's great news, Ink, thank you.

Jay (Doge)

TheConnoisseur
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by TheConnoisseur »

Me being new here and pretty much clueless as to how things work, when I
clicked on the in-memory link I was thinking that someone had to put a doll to rest.
As I read, it wasn't long that my eyes filled with tears about the news about Scott- though
so long ago, is new to me.
After reading some of the posts from back then, I want to offer my condolences to his wife
and family,
and his forum family.
It seems everyone loved him very much, and truly miss him.
I wish I could have known him, as I'm sure many who didn't get to also wish.
Pancreatic cancer is so painful and unbeatable that anyone who
can remain upbeat through
most of the ordeal must truly
be a fantastic person.

Best wishes in the next phase of your journey, Scott.
Sincerely,
TC

INFORMATIONS