Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

RD Crate Size (& Inquiry for comments from RD owners)

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

ZZ48UUP
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

RD Crate Size (& Inquiry for comments from RD owners)

Post by ZZ48UUP »

I've seen a number of posts here that are duplicates of questions that have been posted already so I want to apologize in advance if this was answered before.

Can a Real Doll owner provide the dimensions of the shipping crate? I am leaning towards the body A as my next purchase but I don't have a lot of room in the garage. More specifically, there is shelving and if the crate is too large, I don't know that I will have the clearance to move the crate in. Does anyone know if a Body A would fit into a smaller crate, like for a Boy Toy and if Real Doll is flexible on what crate to ship?

The last thing I would like to add here is that I currently have a two other dolls. This would be my first Real Doll and would welcome any general commentary that experienced RD owners would provide here to a first timer.

I'm considering the other company in California that cannot be mentioned here and I wish we could have that dialogue but I'll drop that.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Re: RD Crate Size (& Inquiry for comments from RD owners)

Post by TJ_Foxx »

The RD wooden shipping crate I have here is:
18.5" X 32" x 72.5 inches

Cardboard crate for RD Petite:
11x26.5x63 inches

It is my understanding the Body A can fit in a Petite crate if the head is removed. Brick can confirm if this is accurate.
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

Fitz62
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Fitz62 »

Based on what I have read on the other forum, the unmentionable company still has lots of undelivered dolls after being paid 100%. I would only buy a used one.

As for Realdoll I had an original body 7 with fixed vagina. She was great for a 1st generation doll. The crate is huge and heavy. You will need an appliance dolly to move it by yourself. When I got mine the door was screwed shut so you will need a cordless drill to open it.

I also had a boy toy and they come in a nice cardboard box. This box is better than the ones that the Chinese companies use. You can ask Abyss to ship in that type of box depending on what body size you want. They may ask you to insure it for full value to ship that way.

Hope that helps.

Fitz

Brick

Post by Brick »

ZZ48UUP wrote:I've seen a number of posts here that are duplicates of questions that have been posted already so I want to apologize in advance if this was answered before.

Can a Real Doll owner provide the dimensions of the shipping crate? I am leaning towards the body A as my next purchase but I don't have a lot of room in the garage. More specifically, there is shelving and if the crate is too large, I don't know that I will have the clearance to move the crate in. Does anyone know if a Body A would fit into a smaller crate, like for a Boy Toy and if Real Doll is flexible on what crate to ship?

I'm considering the other company in California that cannot be mentioned here and I wish we could have that dialogue but I'll drop that.

Thanks in advance for your replies.
The crates are approx. 32X18x74. Abyss no longer uses boxes, crates only, for all the dolls...
A never ending parade of beautiful Realdolls and of course, HARMONY!!

ZZ48UUP
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by ZZ48UUP »

Hi everyone. Sorry for the slow reply and thank you for the posts. I think that size crate will clear. I'll use a tape to figure out if it will work.

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

Happy to help!
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

Big Boy
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Big Boy »

ZZ48UUP wrote:
About sex with a you other doll, I realize I'm going to get harassed for this, but I opted for the removable insert instead of the built in. Sorry.
Honestly, how did the insert work out for you? I am thinking of doing the same.

ZZ48UUP
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by ZZ48UUP »

Big Boy, sorry for the slow reply. Knowing the current production delays, I am just getting to cleaning out the garage, rearranging things, and preparing for the mid to late July delivery. I will have enough room now and am appreciative of the replies.

Nikole_pan
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Nikole_pan »

The crate sounds big! I might need help- I guess I'll tip the driver? I live in a city condo on the 11th floor.

AnonViking
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by AnonViking »

I have received two crates, one was slightly taller, I guess to accommodate a larger doll.
I think they have two sizes. The smaller to accommodate a doll probably around 155cm and less.
I understand the crate is a signature RealDoll thing, but I do wish it was smaller and more lightweight, so it could be handled by one person.
The crate is one of my biggest apprehension with ordering a realdoll :/ always a hassle to move into your apartment.

You need two persons to move a RD crate, and need a motorized dolly to move it up stairs (the same they use for large refrigerators).
Just the crate weighs more than the doll, probably 2-3 times more.

IMO the crate has pros and cons

Pros:
- Safer shipping than cardboard box
- Can use as a storage closet for doll
- Fun to open the crate, probably more fun than opening a cardboard box and having to attach the head. With RD create you see the full doll in its glory when you open the door and remove the plastic sheet.

Cons
- Not possible to handle by single person
- Need motorized dolly to move up stairs
- The bulkiness and requiring help, and its strange build, don't aid with privacy (most shipments are in cardboard, not wood)
- It's too wide to be moved into a regular door frame, so you need to turn it sideways, not a problem as long as you don't go like beyond certain angle, it might damage the doll.
- If you wish to store the crate, and you have limited storage space, then that's a problem
- If you wish to discard of the crate, taking it apart takes a little effort (have to use a crowbar, hammer, etc)

I kinda wish they could design a new crate/box that is safe, can be made compact and stored safely and reused for further moving.
I do think it's kinda over-sized for its purpose, the dolls have plenty room, so I think they could easily try to make it more compact, different design perhaps. Could even save them money, I guess the materials and time it takes to build that crate is a lot.

Obie wan

Post by Obie wan »

Hi Readers,
I felt the need to add something thats been working for me a few years now. I use SKB high density poly cases. I modify foam pieces from other doll packing to suit these. My RD P4s or equivalent fits in the i series 5616-9 case just fine (head detached). User needs to put foam in place to protect content esp the feet.
I'm not a big guy at 60+ but I have NO TROUBLE moving these into my truck, elevators, yah hotel rooms too, the ladies like to get out right? Lol. 😆
Wish RD would consider something like this.
These aren't cheap but the protection is worth the investment imho. Seriously though heres a link. 🤯https://www.skbcases.com/
Two recessed wheels, three handles, SIX LOCK POINTS! SIX Separate latch points! Yes the head is in the center spacer btwn the knees. Plenty of room for accys. 🙄 Happy trails all, Obie wan
Attachments
20230104_152842.jpg
20230104_152842.jpg (3.14 MiB) Viewed 2106 times
20230104_161538.jpg
20230104_161538.jpg (3.97 MiB) Viewed 2106 times
20230104_161611.jpg
20230104_161611.jpg (3.48 MiB) Viewed 2106 times
So many dolls, so little time!
Everyone a work of art in some way

sailor21
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by sailor21 »

This is awesome Obie wan!
I own a Body F RD and the huge wood crate is the main reason I’m selling her (a secondary reason is because they can’t stand).

Do you think a Body F would fit in a case like yours?

Gh0st
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Gh0st »

Love the alternative case compared to the wooden crate sent by abyss. Would like to know if body F would fit too

rmcrom
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by rmcrom »

Does a torso ship in a crate too? Or a cardboard box?

Bad Moose
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Bad Moose »

Obie wan can you tell us the model number of that case? I could take my P4 on the road with me!

INFORMATIONS