Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Abyss Realldoll Shipping Crate How About A Box as an Option

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

Brick

Re: Abyss Realldoll Shipping Crate How About A Box as an Opt

Post by Brick »

Cardboard with that much weight is no protection. If the carton falls off the back of a bobtail or gets tagged with a forklift, your doll is fucked. At least with wood she has a chance with halfwit truckers and warehouse grunts....
A never ending parade of beautiful Realdolls and of course, HARMONY!!

Pron
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Pron »

Even if the wooden crate costs $100, that's only one percent of a 10k doll and a good insurance if you waited for the doll for about half a year. :wink:
Would you save $75 to risk to get a damaged doll and wait another half year?
You maybe can find hundreds of damaged Chinese dolls which came in cardboard on the forum and vendors etc. blaming shipping companies even if they had a contract which says they may drop them from 1 meter etc.. :whistle:

HotDiggityDoll
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by HotDiggityDoll »

siliconelover wrote:My MPD Mechadoll Leeloo was $6,000.00 is 5' 5" weighs 100 + lbs. and was shipped in a heavy duty cardboard box with a wood skid attached to the bottom. Excellent protection and easily managed once received. The wooden crates are overkill. A choice would be nice.
MPD Case - 1.JPG
Do they still ship in a truck bed toolbox? Is that under the cardboard?
My Doll Album is here!

blindwebster
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by blindwebster »

If I ordered a RD and paid out that kind of big money I would damn sure want it delivered in the crate. Which I would later use for storage, as they put a neck bolt hanger in it. Hell, I would probably even opt in for the (super neat) flight case if I ever decide to order a TPE doll. That is just me, though.

HotDiggityDoll
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by HotDiggityDoll »

Say Zebo, do "BoyToys" still ship in a cardboard box?

Since they aren't actually "BoyToys" anymore, they are now the "Petite Real Doll" line, so was wondering if they get a crate now?
My Doll Album is here!

TP876

Post by TP876 »

If I ever had to ship my doll again I would only go with the crate. A heavy duty cardboard box wouldn't cut it. You can dismantle the crate, I laid out how I did it here https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 5&start=15. It doesn't take up much space in my storage unit and it's good to have if I ever need to move her again.
Attachments
Crate.JPG
Crate.JPG (50.48 KiB) Viewed 1448 times

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

I have a shipping an receiving department at a production facility. We get more damaged goods from logistics companies that you would care to know. Personally, I also had a silicone doll (non Abyss) who was packed properly in its OEM cardboard box. She was dropped by Old Dominion and fell on the top edge of the box causing a split in one breast about 3-4" long an 1/2" wide. Silicone gel spewed all over the place inside the wrapping and all over the dolls torso. The impact also forced a pocket of gel against her core and around to her side causing a bulge. If I had my druther's, I ask that the next BoyToy I buy to be shipped in a wooden crate appropriate for her size.
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

Brick

Post by Brick »

HotDiggityDoll wrote:Say Zebo, do "BoyToys" still ship in a cardboard box?

Since they aren't actually "BoyToys" anymore, they are now the "Petite Real Doll" line, so was wondering if they get a crate now?
Yes, they are still in a cardboard box. Don't get me wrong the boxes that Abyss uses for the BT's is a strong box and is matched well for the weight & height of the BT series. Its just when you get into the heavier dolls, I just wouldn't trust a $8000 doll shipping to Australia in one. You know those Aussie truck drivers, they're Animals :lol:
A never ending parade of beautiful Realdolls and of course, HARMONY!!

dodgeman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dodgeman »

Zebo wrote:Cardboard with that much weight is no protection. If the carton falls off the back of a bobtail or gets tagged with a forklift, your doll is fucked. At least with wood she has a chance with halfwit truckers and warehouse grunts....
Indeed there Zebo! I have seen SO much destruction of freight with those Don't Give a Shit forklift jockeys that it boggles the mind. I have the Abyss crate here that my body C RD was shipped in and that crate was mishandled and has a 4 inch wide fork hole in the center of the back of the crate right about where the dolls mid-back is. The fork was stopped by the crate and did not penetrate far enough to hit the doll and she survived without a mark on her. I used an expanding foam to fill in the hole after I carefully cut the jagged edges of wood from the hole opening to seal the crate up and make it solid again. If it were not for the crate, the doll would have been seriously Screwed or in other words, Fucked up badly!

dodgeman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dodgeman »

TJ_Foxx wrote:I have a shipping an receiving department at a production facility. We get more damaged goods from logistics companies that you would care to know. I also had a silicone doll (non Abyss) who was packed properly in its OEM cardboard box. She was dropped by Old Dominion and fell on the top edge of the box causing a split in one breast about 3-4" long an 1/2" wide. Silicone gel spewed all over the place inside the wrapping and all over the dolls torso. The impact also forced a pocket of gel against her core and around to her side causing a bulge. If I had my druther's, I ask that the next BoyToy I buy to be shipped in a wooden crate appropriate for her size.
I agree with you there TJ as I have seen the results of the damages to your doll when that episode happened as you contacted me when that happened! A good friend that I know from my school days works for FedEx part time in the evenings loading trucks at a freight terminal close to home. He tells me all the time that when he is running the fork trucks, they almost Crack the Whip on the operators to get as much freight loaded and unloaded as possible in a given time frame and they DO NOT care if it gets damaged! It's all about how much can be Moved and loaded in that time frame and they get pissed at the operators if their forklifts are not constantly moving. After 7 1/2 years of being under that kind of stress, he is going to leave that job at the end of August as his daughter is now out of college which is why he took the job in the first place to help pay for her education.

siliconelover
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconelover »

HotDiggityDoll wrote:
siliconelover wrote:My MPD Mechadoll Leeloo was $6,000.00 is 5' 5" weighs 100 + lbs. and was shipped in a heavy duty cardboard box with a wood skid attached to the bottom. There was plywood reinforcement inside the box. They were shipped overnight. Excellent protection and easily managed once received. The wooden crates are overkill. A choice would be nice.
Do they still ship in a truck bed toolbox? Is that under the cardboard?

MPD went out of business in 2010. Mechadoll USA did ship in the truck boxes but use wooden ones now.
SEX, DOLLS and ROCK & ROLL

expjoi
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by expjoi »

I'd be fine with a cardboard box delivery where it is filled with a overload of styrofoam; if that actually protects the doll.

nukeno
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: with Nele, Kiko, Mamamba and Ms. StrangeLove in cyba's space

Post by nukeno »

Pron wrote:Maybe you can order through an Abyss affiliate.
I could choose between delivery in a crate or on passenger seat and get her carried in my house.
I would have considered RD in the past and probably will be one future day again, if they weren't shipped in this huge crates.
Everybody in my neighborhood would instantly, or after a quick google search, know what's in it.
Maybe crates like that are more common in the US, but at least here in Germany nothing gets shipped that way.
I couldn't even bring this thing inside my apartment and would have to disassemble the crate outside on the sidewalk.
So the passenger seat option, I haven't heard of before, would be more viable, but still, I would prefer a box,
cardboard or plywood doesn't matter, just smaller, not bigger than a coffin.

Dolls from China come in simple boxes and these shipments are not treated any better or worse or travel less far
than shipments from the other side of the world, the US, but it works surprisingly well.
Life is a strange game: "The only winning move is not to play."
Yet here I am, dreaming about reality again...

HotDiggityDoll
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by HotDiggityDoll »

expjoi wrote:I'd be fine with a cardboard box delivery where it is filled with a overload of styrofoam; if that actually protects the doll.
Boy Toy dolls are protected by shipping foam. As in this photo.
newdoll3.JPG
newdoll3.JPG (119.86 KiB) Viewed 1373 times
However, note the scissors, they aren't mine! Abyss left them in the package.

:haha4:

They vibrated around, wore away that white patch on the box they were sitting on, but failed to get to my doll.
normal_newdoll4.JPG
normal_newdoll4.JPG (48.49 KiB) Viewed 1373 times
My Doll Album is here!

SynDaverlover765

Post by SynDaverlover765 »

HotDiggityDoll wrote:
expjoi wrote:I'd be fine with a cardboard box delivery where it is filled with a overload of styrofoam; if that actually protects the doll.
Boy Toy dolls are protected by shipping foam. As in this photo.
newdoll3.JPG
Now that looks like the best way to ship a doll. How big is the doll box?

INFORMATIONS