betterlovedoll.com

Sales on TDF forum Rule changes

Official announcements regarding "The Doll Forum" and "CoverDoll" from site management.
Also post your own announcements.
jiayi
Management
Management

Re: Sales on TDF forum Rule changes

Post by jiayi »

haremlover wrote:POSTSCRIPT: I am reminded that thanks to this rule not having been in place a group of members were able to communicate on the relevant FOR SALE thread to club together to help a fellow member to avoid having to sell his doll and a loan of over $1500 rescued the doll and the member. It is such fraternity which attracts people to a forum and a worthwhile hobby. It might be argued that the rescue plan could have been put together on another thread - in an obscure part of the forum - 'nuff said? The FOR SALE part of the forum was the only place of high enough profile that everyone goes to for the successful outcome to have been achieved.

Best wishes

Harem
It's unfortunate that the "bad" has mandated this action and out weighed the "good" that posting comments other than "I would like to buy this doll" can have. I'm am still unsure why the TDF rules of conduct did not cover this issue.
Burdens will increase for both the moderator (now has to view and approve every post) and the seller (who now will be getting alot more pm's with questions like "is this doll silicone?") that could be answered much more quickly and easily by the forum in general.
When I first joined this forum, finding information was daunting, and I am quite sure it still is, by the number of repeat questions I see posted by newcomers.

scenario: potential buyer try's to post for an opinion on specific doll type (body, head, maker, seller,etc) they see for sale on the Sales thread. Now ONLY the moderator can direct the poster to the manufacturers thread. Again, a job that could have been done by a member of TDF. (BTW, I do this often.) And on top of that, a newcomer will have to be told by the moderator they have to make five approved posts before they can pm the seller. (this happened to me when I first joined, if there was information on TDF about this rule, it was not obvious to me)

It just occured to me that potential buyers should not even bother to have their posts on the thread. The moderator has to deal with the potential buyers post anyhow, so why not just put the potential buyer directly in touch with the seller. Then the seller would not have to have his posted responses to the potential buyer viewed by anyone.

I sympathize with the moderators and staff at TDF. TDF is a huge and complex place. Lets hope we can all keep our eyes on the big picture and work together to make TDF "The" place for doll owners and admirers and not make it a burden on anyone.
Jiayi

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

If a person feels a seller is being dishonest about their item for sale, they can always ask the mods to take a look at it.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

jiayi wrote:Burdens will increase for both the moderator (now has to view and approve every post) and the seller (who now will be getting alot more pm's with questions like "is this doll silicone?") that could be answered much more quickly and easily by the forum in general.
Posts asking for additional information or clarification are perfectly okay! These are relevant to the sale.

Tybalt
Ex-Member

Post by Tybalt »

I really dont like the idea of no reputation sellers that come on here with 5 posts and make a sale. I think they need to disclose a home address along with proof of residence so I track them down if they send me a bad doll. True address and proof of residence should be collected by moderators and released when there is a dispute such as no doll or bait and switch doll occurred. Then legal action can be taken and tdf can step back.

If I am not allowed to make an new account as a proxy seller/buyer then why should anyone else? Who are these no name sellers that pop up? also who are these no name buyers?

I had to earn my 1000 post before people recognized me as legitimate reseller. I aslo had a thread with all the pictures. Also No body was helping me make my decision to buy. Nobody chimed in and said the price was too steep. I had to learn everything the hard way and paid for my mistake. Buyers need to do some research.

I seriously feel that the post minimum should be 100 b4 engaging in buy or sale.

mexdl
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by mexdl »

haremlover wrote:
POSTSCRIPT: I am reminded that thanks to this rule not having been in place a group of members were able to communicate on the relevant FOR SALE thread to club together to help a fellow member to avoid having to sell his doll and a loan of over $1500 rescued the doll and the member. It is such fraternity which attracts people to a forum and a worthwhile hobby. It might be argued that the rescue plan could have been put together on another thread - in an obscure part of the forum - 'nuff said? The FOR SALE part of the forum was the only place of high enough profile that everyone goes to for the successful outcome to have been achieved.

Best wishes

Harem
obviously, my comment will not be completely impartial. but I just hope that the resolution of the administrators of this forum is routed to improve and enlarge this awesome forum.

regards
mexdl

jiayi
Management
Management

Post by jiayi »

Nescio50 wrote:Posts asking for additional information or clarification are perfectly okay! These are relevant to the sale.
Yes, that's true. My point is that every post, good or bad, has to cross the moderators desk, be read by him, approved by him and posted by him. This is the burden I am speaking of. I am quite sure not every post will be in black or white territory. He/she will have to be the judge. Another burden. And, I have not even opened the can of worms that would address the amount of delay in the post. Being a worldwide forum, it doesn't seem fair for the moderator to take this on, full time, 24 hrs a day, seven days a week. It's really unfortunate it has come to this.
Jiayi

Tybalt
Ex-Member

Post by Tybalt »

Stare Decisis
Let the decision stand.

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

The proof of the pudding is in the eating.

Here
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 08#p747208
and here
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 90#p746690
and here
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=128&t=58325
are good dolls that will hang around without encouragement.

I bet anyone that these dolls will hang around unsold as a result of the rulle change in contrast to
http://www.uklovedollforums.co.uk/forum ... php?t=7355
which will have been sold within days of being listed.

The For Sale section of the forum is a place where new people can learn some discernment, climb the learning curve fast, and see what dolls last well and what don't fare so brilliantly in the course of time and the rule change will lead to stagnation of sales rather than a healthy liveliness and the detriment of the forum overall.

When I come to sell
I'll be happy to take as much flac as anyone likes to fling at me, and report any trollers using the [!] facility appropriately.

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

To Harem, like an old tradition: PM sent.

shimu3z
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by shimu3z »

Oops. I broke a new rule I guess. I did not see this new rule section , Sorry. Please know I will follow the rules from now on.
shimu :angel:
shimu3z

Life may not be what you want but it will be what you make it.

Pumpkinpatch

Re: >>> READ THIS FIRST: RULES FOR ALL POSTING HERE:

Post by Pumpkinpatch »

In the interest of all some need to be reminded that after purchase, used is used and price should not exceed manufacturers selling or discount price. All dolls after purchase cannot be considered as virgin dolls and reduction in pricing should reflect age and damage. When you drive a new car off lot 15% depreciation is immediately realized! It's difficult to believe it was purchased just to look at! Thank you.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

Pumpkinpatch wrote:In the interest of all some need to be reminded that after purchase, used is used and price should not exceed manufacturers selling or discount price. All dolls after purchase cannot be considered as virgin dolls and reduction in pricing should reflect age and damage. When you drive a new car off lot 15% depreciation is immediately realized! It's difficult to believe it was purchased just to look at! Thank you.
Guess I should sell my 70 Cuda for $1,500.00 since it's so old now.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

Pumpkinpatch wrote:In the interest of all some need to be reminded that after purchase, used is used and price should not exceed manufacturers selling or discount price. All dolls after purchase cannot be considered as virgin dolls and reduction in pricing should reflect age and damage. When you drive a new car off lot 15% depreciation is immediately realized! It's difficult to believe it was purchased just to look at! Thank you.
Although this sounds realistic, this is not a rule for For Sale posts at TDF. As with used cars, it is the seller who sets the price, it's the buyer who decides if he's willing to pay that amount.

beardygoat
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by beardygoat »

PRIVACY just went out the window,i do not want any of my sales posts here to show up in my private emails. sending me notifications a post has been approved is a violation of my privacy rights i do not wish to relinquish and neither should any of you.
so please find a way to FIX this poorly thought out change. all the other issues addressed well, this is a failure however.so bad, so wrong.

i will have to refuse to post at all on any sales posts now until it is fixed.
regards,BG

beardygoat
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by beardygoat »

jiayi wrote:
Nescio50 wrote:Posts asking for additional information or clarification are perfectly okay! These are relevant to the sale.
Yes, that's true. My point is that every post, good or bad, has to cross the moderators desk, be read by him, approved by him and posted by him. This is the burden I am speaking of. I am quite sure not every post will be in black or white territory. He/she will have to be the judge. Another burden. And, I have not even opened the can of worms that would address the amount of delay in the post. Being a worldwide forum, it doesn't seem fair for the moderator to take this on, full time, 24 hrs a day, seven days a week. It's really unfortunate it has come to this.
Jiayi

i agree ,what a wast of time and an invitation for disaster as now your personal email will be filled with posts you do not want from a sex doll forum. how about someone close the door please!! ALEX HELP! lets change the email part.at least for people posting ,the seller perhaps but not the inquisitive. it will ruin the sales forum.
IMHO
i will quit using it.
BG

can i PM a seller without you telling Cox about it? will that work?
i hope so.

INFORMATIONS