betterlovedoll.com

Sales on TDF forum Rule changes

Official announcements regarding "The Doll Forum" and "CoverDoll" from site management.
Also post your own announcements.
vavoom
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Sales on TDF forum Rule changes

Post by vavoom »

It does thanks.

Vermithrax
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Vermithrax »

Forgive me if this is addressed elsewhere, but TDF is way larger than I thought and can't find an appropriate thread. A buyer has asked that I deliver a doll 3.5 hours away and pay me at that time. I don't think that's wise--chance of robbery of no-show. He doesn't want to pay me upfront because it's too much risk on his end. I agree that seems true but most transactions these days are not COD. How do most sellers address this? You get paid first and then ship or deliver the doll, correct? That's the way I purchased mine. Is there a thread somewhere which covers this topic?

siliconelover
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconelover »

Sales of this nature are based on Trust. If you don't have that on your end, Sell the doll to someone else. Personally, I have always Paid for the dolls I have purchased from other members up front.
SEX, DOLLS and ROCK & ROLL

Vermithrax
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Vermithrax »

Many thanks! That's how I will definitely do this. Grateful for the second opinion.

Fenrir

Post by Fenrir »

Sorry if this has been addressed, but I was wondering if mannequins can be sold here?
I'm trying to find a good place to sell mines (besides ebay), and if I can't sell them, I may have to seek an alternative.

CF
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by CF »

Fenrir wrote:Sorry if this has been addressed, but I was wondering if mannequins can be sold here?
I'm trying to find a good place to sell mines (besides ebay), and if I can't sell them, I may have to seek an alternative.
Yes, the've been sold here in the past. Please just be sure to follow the sales template verbatim, and make sure the dated note is not covering her in any way. Thanks!
Viva la megaboobs!
*My juicy Cherry: viewtopic.php?t=154759
*Z-cup Moira: viewtopic.php?t=138543
*BBW Breanna: viewtopic.php?t=143116
*Yulia: viewtopic.php?t=122950
*Tina viewtopic.php?t=121819
*Aurora Jolie: viewtopic.php?t=106838
*World-famous Una Carha: viewtopic.php?t=93292

Fenrir

Post by Fenrir »

CF wrote:
Fenrir wrote:Sorry if this has been addressed, but I was wondering if mannequins can be sold here?
Yes, the've been sold here in the past. Please just be sure to follow the sales template verbatim, and make sure the dated note is not covering her in any way. Thanks!
Appreciate the reply CF! :)
I read the sales template, so that won't be a problem.
Thanks again!

HSP_960
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by HSP_960 »

Hello:

I'm about to make my first offer on a used doll in TDF's Buy & Sell subforum so I hope you will forgive these comments and questions from a newbie. I read the "RULES FOR ALL SALES POSTS (March 27, 2015)" and I'm glad that there is a "Penalty System" wherein "if information in an ad is found to be intentionally incorrect...this will result in a forum ban" (though this penalty is "at the discretion of Forum Management"). What other protections, if any, does a buyer have if the seller has not fully disclosed all damages, defects or problems? Is there a way to get my money back?

Also, some questions about the process of buying a used doll:
1. Do I make my offer public on the seller's thread or privately via a PM?
2. What's a reasonable time frame to expect receipt of the doll if it's shipped w/i the USA? 1-2 weeks after receipt of payment?

TIA!

Grimmiekins
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Grimmiekins »

HSP_960 wrote:Hello:

I'm about to make my first offer on a used doll in TDF's Buy & Sell subforum so I hope you will forgive these comments and questions from a newbie. I read the "RULES FOR ALL SALES POSTS (March 27, 2015)" and I'm glad that there is a "Penalty System" wherein "if information in an ad is found to be intentionally incorrect...this will result in a forum ban" (though this penalty is "at the discretion of Forum Management"). What other protections, if any, does a buyer have if the seller has not fully disclosed all damages, defects or problems? Is there a way to get my money back?

Also, some questions about the process of buying a used doll:
1. Do I make my offer public on the seller's thread or privately via a PM?
2. What's a reasonable time frame to expect receipt of the doll if it's shipped w/i the USA? 1-2 weeks after receipt of payment?

TIA!
Best to buy through Paypal that way if she isn't what she is supposed to be you can get a refund, also if something happens you can and probably should let TDF staff know if you were scammed
1. you can Post in their sales thread or pm them, I tend to pm seller more than post in their thread.
2. when you say receipt do you mean get the doll? it shouldn't take more than 2 weeks to get the doll if she is located in the USA already, should really be with in a week but hard to tell with how the shipping companies like to jerk dick around.

Something I have learned, make sure the seller packages her well, have them wrap her good and tape the hell out of the box, have them use a whole roll of duct tape if you can. Being the box was already shipped once it's hard for it to live through another shipping, also taping the hell out of it helps prevent snoopy shipping people from opening it and playing with her being they are wise to what is in these boxes now. also have them draw arrows on the box showing what side is up so she is shipped laying down and not standing on her head.

HSP_960
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by HSP_960 »

Grimmiekins wrote: Best to buy through Paypal that way if she isn't what she is supposed to be you can get a refund, also if something happens you can and probably should let TDF staff know if you were scammed
1. you can Post in their sales thread or pm them, I tend to pm seller more than post in their thread.
2. when you say receipt do you mean get the doll? it shouldn't take more than 2 weeks to get the doll if she is located in the USA already, should really be with in a week but hard to tell with how the shipping companies like to jerk dick around.

Something I have learned, make sure the seller packages her well, have them wrap her good and tape the hell out of the box, have them use a whole roll of duct tape if you can. Being the box was already shipped once it's hard for it to live through another shipping, also taping the hell out of it helps prevent snoopy shipping people from opening it and playing with her being they are wise to what is in these boxes now. also have them draw arrows on the box showing what side is up so she is shipped laying down and not standing on her head.
Great advice! Thank you! And I endorse your recommendation of using lots of duct tape! I did just that when I wrapped and shipped a 145cm doll recently.

Yes, I meant "get the doll": from payment to delivery of the doll.

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

When using Paypal, there is only protection if you use payment for goods, not if you use the payment for friends option.

Although TDF tries to prevent scamming -that's why we have all these For Sale rules- any deal is solely between seller and buyer.
I have to emphasize the disclaimer: TDF will not be held liable in any way, shape, or form for any transactions gone bad.

Still, if any transaction goes bad, please let us know.

Nadeko
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Nadeko »

Is this the only friendly place on the internet to sell used dolls ? I would like to sell local if possible. but it doesnt seem like a very easy thing to do.

I am not very familiar with forums and all the rules.

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Slew »

Nadeko wrote:Is this the only friendly place on the internet to sell used dolls ? I would like to sell local if possible. but it doesnt seem like a very easy thing to do.

I am not very familiar with forums and all the rules.
Hi Nadeko, welcome to the forum. I guess you could sell on eBay or Craigslist, not sure how easy or difficult it would be.

But for selling here, it's really not that difficult. We only ask sellers to follow some basic rules and a template. First you need to reach 5 approved posts to gain full membership, and then you can list your doll in Sales on TDF.

Rules for sales: viewtopic.php?p=744176#p744176

Template: viewtopic.php?p=744165#p744165

Guide with examples of a compliant ad: https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 2#p1270622

hometown60
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by hometown60 »

the changes make sense, this protects users and prevents spam

Polysiloxane
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Polysiloxane »

Hi guys I think the sales section on TDF is a great idea and have already used it.
What is a pain though is going through every single listing only to find they are in Europe or mostly USA.
It would be really useful if the country of origin was in the title to make searching for things you can actually buy so much quicker, this could simply be USA, AUS, CAN, DEN, NET etc

I know I'm only new here so if this is a bad idea or I'm being stupid feel free to give me a roasting :shakefist:

INFORMATIONS