Starpery.com

Eye Brows what to use?

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
RainKing
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Eye Brows what to use?

Post by RainKing »

Hi y'all

I am wondering what the factory uses as semi-perm eyebrows. I have helluva time keeping Eva's brows consistant as we snuggle too much i guess.

What kind of product will actually stay the longest and also have the easiest application?

I have tried:
Eyebrow pencil - works but very tedious as its like writing on a balloon with a #2 pencil. and does not stay long
Mascara- works the longest but is also a bit hard to spread for details. for the caterpillar look lol
Liquid brow tattoo pen- Easiest to apply, but dries shiny and flakes off (like a form or paint)

I am almost down to just using a dang brownish sharpie marker or Chartpak marker! LOL

I have to redo her brows weekly regardless of what I use. (except tattoo pens, they are $12 wasted due to results)

Thanks in advance!
RKing
MDBG
Formerly known as SillyconeLover (it was only for a week)

Hershey lee
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Eye Brows what to use?

Post by Hershey lee »

I was wondering this myself,my ladies eyebrows are starting to come off (the other just...changed color haha)i have had zero luck on this subject,just pencils and im pretty sure its a bad idea

Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Chartpak marker would last a long time, just be careful as so will any mistakes.

RainKing
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by RainKing »

Have brow stencils... will travel :haha4:

Well I was thinking the same Mr. Miyagi.
I just wanted to get some confirmations down.
I also thought of ms Atleurs tpe paint. But I suck at color mixing.
Hershey, looks like we have a bit of light!

Thanks
RKing
MDBG

DonKeydick
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by DonKeydick »

After reading in another post the last time I did Julia`s eyebrows I used oil pastels. I had been using watercolor paint as it is cheap, easy to apply and any mistakes wipe off with a damp towel but it does wear away after a few days. So far the oil pastels have lasted over a week and still look good and no smearing or coming off on clothes, sheets etc. I also did her eye makeup with the oil pastels and it came out reasonably well. I already have an extensive collection of art supplies so this is stuff I had on hand. However that being said I took the plunge and ordered a set of real human hair eyebrows from a company called Gex. I am really hoping that they will work and provide a more permanent solution to the eyebrow problem. They are kind of pricey but to be expected for real human hair. I also ordered some real makeup and will start experimenting with that too. I am going to post a pic of Julia with the oil pastel eyebrows and will post new ones with the real eyebrows when they arrive.
PICT0014.JPG
PICT0014.JPG (735.45 KiB) Viewed 2328 times
This was my first attempt at using watercolor paint. Pretty poor but better than no eyebrows.
PICT0158.JPG
PICT0158.JPG (762.33 KiB) Viewed 2328 times
First attempt with oil pastels. Much better. Cheap lip gloss on lips but all eye makeup is oil pastel also.
"The More Complex the Mind, the Greater the Need for the Simplicity of Play" James T. Kirk "Shore Leave"
A photographic journey of a young womans blossoming into a beautiful creature.How Julia Spends Her Day
Julia`s welcome page. Hello Ladies
Gabby`s welcome page. Buongiorno America
My Cousin Gabby`s thread. My Cousin Gabby
Anna Belle`s rants. Anna Belle
Link to International Intrigue Bad News From Italy
My Favorite Song Green Eyed Lady by Sugarloaf
"Making DollsBook Great"

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

Eye brow stamps work quite well on tpe but they will still rub off but they are easy to reapply. You can get them is several different eye brow shapes.

Jennifer_D
Doll
Doll

Post by Jennifer_D »

Abe gave me an eyebrow upgrade with lace backed eyebrows... I got the full treatment.

SEE?
jennifer09.JPG
jennifer09.JPG (182.14 KiB) Viewed 2314 times

RainKing
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by RainKing »

Jennifer_D wrote:Abe gave me an eyebrow upgrade with lace backed eyebrows... I got the full treatment.

SEE?
jennifer09.JPG
Thanks for the advice y'all. What do you apply the human hair brows with?

And Jennifer, they look great! Well after I finally put my eyes back in the sockets and moved them up some! :oops:

Thanks for the advice
R K
MDBG

DonKeydick
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by DonKeydick »

Jennifer_D wrote:Abe gave me an eyebrow upgrade with lace backed eyebrows... I got the full treatment.

SEE?
jennifer09.JPG
They look very nice. :wink: Julia is really excited about getting hers any day now. :turn-l:
"The More Complex the Mind, the Greater the Need for the Simplicity of Play" James T. Kirk "Shore Leave"
A photographic journey of a young womans blossoming into a beautiful creature.How Julia Spends Her Day
Julia`s welcome page. Hello Ladies
Gabby`s welcome page. Buongiorno America
My Cousin Gabby`s thread. My Cousin Gabby
Anna Belle`s rants. Anna Belle
Link to International Intrigue Bad News From Italy
My Favorite Song Green Eyed Lady by Sugarloaf
"Making DollsBook Great"

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

I just burn some rubber on her forehead.... it'll never come off!!! LMAO
Kidding!!
skid-marks.jpg
These sorts of results is why I don't like doing makeup!!

HotDiggityDoll
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by HotDiggityDoll »

I've heard of people using a sharpie on Silicone dolls, not sure how permanent that is or if it'll work on TPE, test it on the bottom of a foot maybe...
My Doll Album is here!

Adventurer
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by Adventurer »

Pastel is what most manufacturers use. You can get edible pastels too so you don’t have to worry about making yourself sick. Sharpie will get fuzzy after a while and probably not look great after repeated touch ups. May permenath stain in a nasty way. BodyColor was the best solution, until CrazyCajun passed away :(
----
Kateryna & Vera (Zelex 170c and 172 SLE) review and photos: viewtopic.php?t=175212

My Sili Doll Sukiwaai review and pictures thread:
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=253&t=81812

Willow- My SM 156c Silicone:
viewtopic.php?f=269&t=138708

Piper Doll Jessica:
viewtopic.php?f=387&t=131094

RainKing
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by RainKing »

Adventurer wrote:Pastel is what most manufacturers use. You can get edible pastels too so you don’t have to worry about making yourself sick. Sharpie will get fuzzy after a while and probably not look great after repeated touch ups. May permenath stain in a nasty way. BodyColor was the best solution, until CrazyCajun passed away :(

Pastels kinda like the chalk type? Heck I have some of those! I suppose that is how they get the little lines to make them look like hairs in the details.
I don't mind redoing them as long as I know they will not be a big pain to actually do. I have stencils now, so now I pick a color, or order some real hair ones and glue them on.

Thanks Adventurer!

And yes, I am going to miss CC. I hadn't interacted with him before, but everyone speaks highly of his inventions and Ideas. It was a very hard blow to the Doll community, and he left some big shoes to fill.

Rainy
MDBG

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

I wash the face so it is clean. Then i use ladies makeup powder. I have a painting on silicone tutorial. It works for tle as well, and can be found in this section. The paint stays on a long time when done that way.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

RainKing
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by RainKing »

samara78 wrote:I wash the face so it is clean. Then i use ladies makeup powder. I have a painting on silicone tutorial. It works for tle as well, and can be found in this section. The paint stays on a long time when done that way.
EDIT:

I see what you mean now use the powder to get desired color..

good idea, will look it up
Samara!
Thanks.

this was my what I thought to be the best.. but uggh... (eyebrow Tattoo pen... shiny mess not to mention I got it completely out of alignment. then it came off in black pepper size chunks... nasty
20180423_215355.jpg
20180423_215355.jpg (59.35 KiB) Viewed 2251 times
MDBG

INFORMATIONS