Starpery.com

Another standing foot mod.

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
DonKeydick
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Another standing foot mod.

Post by DonKeydick »

I just did this exact mod on Julia`s feet. Both heels had already rubbed through and have exposed the fiberglass? foot bone that looks exactly like the one TDFnoob was working with. I found the exact same furniture glides too. The only thing I did different was drill the hole out large enough to accept the plastic threaded insert that the glides come with instead of threading the hole. I glued the insert into the hole so I would be able to remove the glide easily. I found some regular bolts that are the same thread as the glides and cut the heads off to make a piece of threaded rod that can be screwed into the inserts. Leaving an appropriate amount of the rod sticking out to fit into a hole drilled into the insole of a pair of high heels or any shoes to help keep the shoes on and help keep them from rolling off her feet while standing. It effectively makes the shoe part of the foot. I am also only installing the glides in her heels for now as I think it will be sufficient to balance and hold her weight with just two. I do think adding some kind of non skid coating to the bottom of the glide would be the way to go also.
PICT0007.JPG
PICT0007.JPG (771.64 KiB) Viewed 2972 times
A real mess.
PICT0018.JPG
PICT0018.JPG (751.32 KiB) Viewed 2972 times
I measured in 1/2 in from back of heel and drilled a small hole. I wrapped a piece of tape around the drill bit at the max depth I wanted to go so I would not drill too deep. Then I used progressively larger bits until I got to the required size.
PICT0021.JPG
PICT0021.JPG (760 KiB) Viewed 2972 times
I went with the supplied threaded insert so I could easily replace the glide with a protruding bolt and switch back again without worrying about the threaded hole. Glued it in with clear Gorilla glue that also works well to bond TPE.
PICT0026.JPG
PICT0026.JPG (754.07 KiB) Viewed 2972 times
The furniture foot screwed in all the way.
PICT0031.JPG
PICT0031.JPG (743.37 KiB) Viewed 2972 times
It is almost flush with the sole of her foot. now I just have to seal up the TPE around the new insert and it will be nicely cleaned up.
"The More Complex the Mind, the Greater the Need for the Simplicity of Play" James T. Kirk "Shore Leave"
A photographic journey of a young womans blossoming into a beautiful creature.How Julia Spends Her Day
Julia`s welcome page. Hello Ladies
Gabby`s welcome page. Buongiorno America
My Cousin Gabby`s thread. My Cousin Gabby
Anna Belle`s rants. Anna Belle
Link to International Intrigue Bad News From Italy
My Favorite Song Green Eyed Lady by Sugarloaf
"Making DollsBook Great"

DonKeydick
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by DonKeydick »

More photos of my twist on this mod. The protruding threaded rod I made sticks out about an inch. Take the shoe you want to drill into and put it on normally then press hard to make a mark where the rod is hitting the insole. Use that mark to drill a slightly oversized hole so the rod can easily fit into it. If it is too large it will not keep the shoe from wobbling side to side. When fitted right the shoe almost becomes part of the foot and will not turn sideways when trying to stand up. Does`nt really hurt the shoe either just a small hole in the insole.
PICT0004.JPG
PICT0004.JPG (757.79 KiB) Viewed 2972 times
PICT0005.JPG
PICT0005.JPG (741.36 KiB) Viewed 2972 times
"The More Complex the Mind, the Greater the Need for the Simplicity of Play" James T. Kirk "Shore Leave"
A photographic journey of a young womans blossoming into a beautiful creature.How Julia Spends Her Day
Julia`s welcome page. Hello Ladies
Gabby`s welcome page. Buongiorno America
My Cousin Gabby`s thread. My Cousin Gabby
Anna Belle`s rants. Anna Belle
Link to International Intrigue Bad News From Italy
My Favorite Song Green Eyed Lady by Sugarloaf
"Making DollsBook Great"

Nouchi
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Nouchi »

TDFnoob, great job :thumbs_up:

Your girl might be the AFDoll 161 cm (B*W*H:95*54*97-40kg)
Sans-titre-1.jpg
Sans-titre-1.jpg (218.54 KiB) Viewed 2964 times

RainKing
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by RainKing »

Donny, I think those heels are way past "cracked heel balm" :o great job on the mod. I really wished I could do Eva's feet but they put to narrow of a footbone in there aprox 1 inch and she would need the tri-peg set up but not wide enuff. I thought of Contacting my friend in China and see if he would sell me 2 standing feet foot plates but never really got that far yet. He told me that if i ever needed any palm plates he would just give them to me. That was pretty cool!
Glad to see Julia is all fixed up!
MDBG
Formerly known as SillyconeLover (it was only for a week)

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

I dug a little deeper on my doll.
I was gonna do this. when first saw the post.

The fiberglass foot on mine has a flex tube for an ankle :), I guess there are wires inside that fiberglass, that loop around and they build up the glass around that.
FlexTube-ankle.jpg
I'm sure TDFNoob has had great success with his mod, but just thought I'd post what I have found by digging deeper.

I may still modify. Get rid of what is there, insert a 1/2" steel rod and build a slightly wider steel foot.

I've been getting creases in her groin by having her sitting the way I do, Have been standing her up against wall to keep them from happening. Result is TPE on sole is getting squished on heel.

Pad the fiberglass with cloth or something to cushion. Seal it back up. Until I have more of a plan.

Thats the fiberglass foot folks for a non standing doll. Maybe yours will be different. But this is mine.

RainKing
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by RainKing »

Oh Wow RGC,

She has a potato as a feet!!

Sorry bout that buddy, Its to cheer you up and all :)

So she has goose neck ankles too. I think this will be a lot easier than the darned TPE repairs. Atleast there is no fumes :lol: well, except for the welder.

Do you need to see a nice closeup of Soul's feet for a pattern? I can take pics before I begin the skeleton install.
also will be glad to make measurements of the foot plate and all too.
since that foot is a lot larger, you will need to put something in there to take up the space, something like foam or solidish. Id you proceed with the standing mod, then you do not want the plates sliding around in the void and LuLu suffering from baggy feet syndrome.

I also have this to check out too, it may help you...
Standing-Foot.jpg
Standing-Foot.jpg (17.8 KiB) Viewed 2897 times
At your service if you need me sir!
RainKing
MDBG

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

RainKing wrote:Oh Wow RGC,

She has a potato as a feet!!

Sorry bout that buddy, Its to cheer you up and all :)

So she has goose neck ankles too. I think this will be a lot easier than the darned TPE repairs. Atleast there is no fumes :lol: well, except for the welder.

Do you need to see a nice closeup of Soul's feet for a pattern? I can take pics before I begin the skeleton install.
also will be glad to make measurements of the foot plate and all too.
since that foot is a lot larger, you will need to put something in there to take up the space, something like foam or solidish. Id you proceed with the standing mod, then you do not want the plates sliding around in the void and LuLu suffering from baggy feet syndrome.

I also have this to check out too, it may help you...
Standing-Foot.jpg
At your service if you need me sir!
RainKing
That foot is the Climax doll I had mentioned. If or when I do the mod, I'll base it from that. There is not a lot of room at top of foot. it's skinny, and TPE hugged that skinny fiberglass thing.
Love the Charlie Chaplin pic... I could picture them potatos kicking up on dance floor. If doll could dance :)
I have some heavy stainless sheet, it's tough stuff. could make a foot from it.
down the road.
Any info you can provide is good info :)
I'll take all measurements before stitching her foot up. She is standing right now on the "potato". Her foot skin is resting on top of it :)

Deshrantis
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Deshrantis »

Very impressive, thanks for the guide!

RainKing
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by RainKing »

For those who are wondering...

LuLu's foot has been repaired and is all better. The scar is being touched up I think. Last I saw it was very good looking.
MDBG

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

RainKing wrote:For those who are wondering...

LuLu's foot has been repaired and is all better. The scar is being touched up I think. Last I saw it was very good looking.
Have not had the the time to mess with it.

But here is the latest video on hot air insanity with this foot. I make boo boos... I fix the boo boos..
Tickle the foot with heat.
I'll get it better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Re0NHbMx1VU

winterwarBo
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by winterwarBo »

This is an interesting thread. I like the creative modifications.
The Home for Wayward Dollies
Kat ~ WM #36/ASDoll 158C ~ 10-24-16
Janie ~ WM 161G #53 ~ 12-5-16
Quinn ~ Rifrano 158DD #39 ~ 11-2-17
Lisa ~ WM 156B #46 ~ 7-7-18
Sarah-Jo ~ MLD 168DD #39 ~ 6-18-19
Jennifer ~ MLD 165F #2 ~ 11-27-19
Brittany ~ WM155 #46 ~ 3-13-20
Heather ~ WM163C #38 ~ 8-14-20
Melina ~ PIB GND Bitsy Fairy ~ 1-1-21
Aliel~ RD BT2 Winter ~ 2-13-21
Morgana~ YL148 ~ 4-3-21
Virginia~ RD Body C ~ 8-27-21
Caitlyn~ 4woods AI NEO ~ 8-27-21
Jessie~ MLD 163FF #100 ~ 10-8-21

lover1
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by lover1 »

I did exacly the same thing :thumbs_up: Now I need hot hair to fix the TPE near those holes. I also want to add plates for better balance.

No Faceapp please. I want to see dolls, not artificial smiles.

Bodies: WM 166C tan, WM 163C tan
Heads: YL Allura 193, YL 315, WM 336
Looking for great asian kisser face.

Fantastic Plastic
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Fantastic Plastic »

Alright, I had to pull this thread back up to see if I could get any feedback as to if this is a viable alternative. Because I have a few dolls that don’t have this option and my doll collection just got bigger.
And besides, when a gal is standing, she’s immediately available for photo, action, what have you.
This will help in storage and also help with dividing the usage between my dolls in my harem.

TDFnoob
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by TDFnoob »

Well, the post is a few years old now, and I've been off the board and away for quite some time... Just an update on it though. The foot mod has not failed. My doll has been standing quite comfortably in the closet for a couple of years now and I've had no issues with the joints or falling. I'm happy to report it's held up quite well.

MannyCan
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by MannyCan »

Nice work. I really want my doll to stand .. but I'm scared to make the mod. She's platinum silicone. So I'm not sure some of these things apply. I also KNOW she has a metal skeleton. So I need to think of those things to make it work.

INFORMATIONS