Starpery.com

dust streaks - advanced cleaning

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Koop

dust streaks - advanced cleaning

Post by Koop »

So I've had a TPE doll for 1.5 years now. She's starting to get some deep dust streaks from sleeping on her side. I want to believe that serious scrubbing with soap water will improve the situation, but it's tough! Anyone here with advice? (Good thing she's tan; if she were regular tone, I imagine the dust streaks would be much more noticeable.)
Attachments
Photo Mar 03, 1 46 48 PM.jpg
Photo Mar 03, 1 46 48 PM.jpg (1.87 MiB) Viewed 1948 times

Fantastic Plastic
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: dust streaks - advanced cleaning

Post by Fantastic Plastic »

Wash her in mineral oil, one section at a time, rub mineral oil around and you should see it loosen and lift all the dirt off. Then using a soft slightly damp towel wipe it off.
Rinse the towel off in hot water and squeeze out the excess water till slightly damp.
Move on to another section. And again.
After final wipe down, let her dry and soak up any residual oil, then lightly powder her.
This may wash off some of the coloring.
You can redo it with powder makeup.
Be gentle, vigorously scrubbing will chafe your doll.

Koop

Post by Koop »

Thanks buddy, will give her another cleaning at some point. Two days ago I gave her a thorough mineral oil bath (following suggested maintenance wisdom), the first in 5 months, after a vigorous soap scrubbing session (with microfiber towels which don't scratch). My impression is mineral oil is good for agglomerating surface level dust and making it easier to wipe away with soap water, not sure how effective it is for deeper dust. I'm guessing it's going to require lots of patient scrubbing no matter what.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Is that dust or a fabric stain? Maybe from dark pants or hose?

Koop

Post by Koop »

It's definitely dust, she is not wearing any fabric. But it's not surface level dust that you can just sweep off, kinda like dust that gets into a white shirt that's been there for awhile.

hentai_11

Post by hentai_11 »

Should be dust. Looks a little bit like my doll after her first oiling. Back than I didn't notice, that the oil loosens the dust and collected on the points I haven't oiled as intensive as the others. I oiled the front and the back of my doll but neglected her sides a little bit and the dust collected like on your pictures. I just ignored it for the next months and made sure I didn't neglect those spots on the next oiling. I am lazy, so my cleaning routine is probably not as good as the one FP explained a few posts above.

Did you notice the marks before or after your oiling?

If they appeared after the oil cleaning, than oiling should get rid of the marks. However you just oiled her, so another oiling session would oversaturate her. Live with the marks and get rid of them, with the next oiling in 1-3 months. (Time depends on your TPE blend and other factors.)

bob7892
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by bob7892 »

Just done a deep clean on my 6ye TPE doll :D
I found the best way to do it is , oil her up with mineral oil , then scrape off with a credit card :D
Start at the bottom and work your way up , scraping upwards and removing the oil on the card with some kitchen towel :D
You will see the muck coming out of her on the card :oops:
Then leave to dry , using the card method you remove most of the oil , so you shouldn't over saturate her :D
Welcome to Future , Just take a look inside .
We've got every thing you need , including Sex Android's
Come on Boys , Just take a look , Every things Unique
If You want Real Sexy Dolls , Just cum and take a peak
In The Future ,In The Future
So Welcome !!!!!!!!!
WELCOME !!!!!! To The FUTURE !!!!!!!!!!

My Girls and their stories https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 13&t=87890

My first doll Latasha is on a secret mission to find the perfect body !!!!!

Kireina's song https://youtu.be/sxSw20Gmubs

Some one said , Guys have girlfriends , because they have not found their perfect doll :D :D :D :D
Well I have :D :D :D :D Her name Is Kireina AND she's a 6ye :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I am me , and just me , and always will be me , and I don't deserve to be put in a box :evil: nobody does .bob7892

hentai_11

Post by hentai_11 »

bob7892 wrote: ...
You will see the muck coming out of her on the card :oops:
Sounds like a good hint. I will definately try the credit card method next time. Removing the muck with just kitchen paper was a pain in the ass. Thanks.

Koop

Post by Koop »

Did you notice the marks before or after your oiling?
Before and after, with some bit of improvement in areas where I tried the hardest. Just wanted to be sure that if I tried super super hard next time, I'd do a better job of dust removal. :-)

scooter_ca
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by scooter_ca »

bob7892 wrote:I found the best way to do it is , oil her up with mineral oil , then scrape off with a credit card :D
WARNING - Do not leave the doll and the credit card alone together. :angel:
With beautiful Daria and Giorgi.
Everything about Daria can be found in her NEW Photo Timeline: https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 1&t=117493
Everything about Giorgi can be found in her Photo Timeline: https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 64&t=96105
Doll Album: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14626

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

scooter_ca wrote:
bob7892 wrote:I found the best way to do it is , oil her up with mineral oil , then scrape off with a credit card :D
In my case, she'd order a TPE male doll :)

Mitchy
Doll
Doll

Post by Mitchy »

scooter_ca wrote:
Too late Scooter! I memorized the number and security number too! Some of modern culture just feels natural, even to a wild woman!
Bears naughty but nice kitten

Mitchy
Doll
Doll

Post by Mitchy »

Arashi has like density variations along the seam lines ta absorb oil and powder differently so she has slight color variations. Its not terrible, but not something bear can wash out either. She's still pretty, even with all the junk in her trunk!
Bears naughty but nice kitten

INFORMATIONS