Starpery.com

Help with San hui repairs please

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Help with San hui repairs please

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

I got below from a BCD Fmer....

jeffrey, C
an I get a diagram of the sanhui 156 and the 165 bolt pictures I want to do some tightening of the joints! Can you point me in the right direction to get a tutorial or something helpful in tightening the dolls joints! Please! Thanks
Any help would be great
Thanks in advance
Jeff and Nyoko
http://dolldesire.com/
. One vendor name kept coming up as being great at helping customers walk through the process, Booty Call Dolls. So I decided I would work with them on this first purchase, and did.
-princeoverit
You could not of found a better person to help you with your first doll. Jeff /Booty call dolls, knows his stuff... One of the few members that is a vendor and a real lover of dolls. He owns quite a few dolls, and really understands the love we all share.
-Just in time

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Help with San hui repairs please

Post by samara78 »

Sofos jist tightened up his doll emma. He posted in the san hui section of the forum. Our friend will need a set of allen wrenches
a sharp new blade to cut her along the seams,
Acetone
Cotton swabs
Silicone adhesive to seal the cuts
And seran wrap to hold it closed.

He will have to make small incisions at the joint areas on the outer seams of his doll where the joint bends. Then find which allen wrench will work best.

Please send him my way so i can further assist please.
As you know i am all about customer support for our clients.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

neesa333
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by neesa333 »

OMG, surgery. That worries me. Both Yukie's shoulders are lose. Her arms won't stay up. And her left knee is getting lose. I'm afraid to make a horrible mistake, so I have just accepted it and pose her accordingly to her capabilities. Too bad they don't make them with bolt covers that pull out like a cars interior for easy maintenance.
"Doe's Barbie come with Ken?"
"No sweetheart, she comes with GI Joe, She only fakes it with Ken"

gonestill77
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by gonestill77 »

neesa333 wrote:OMG, surgery. That worries me. Both Yukie's shoulders are lose. Her arms won't stay up. And her left knee is getting lose. I'm afraid to make a horrible mistake, so I have just accepted it and pose her accordingly to her capabilities. Too bad they don't make them with bolt covers that pull out like a cars interior for easy maintenance.

Yeah, Eve's left shoulder and left leg are pretty loose. Neither will stay up anymore. Her right side is still fairly tight, but I feel they will eventually loosen up as well. Gonna have to tighten them at some point for sure..... :(

:glou:
Eve- 2016 Sanhui 145
Lucinda- 2015 DS 163 plus

Eves thread http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=261&t=70866
Lucinda's thread viewtopic.php?f=143&t=128707
My doll cleaning and drying video viewtopic.php?f=7&t=127010
Eve and Lucinda's thread viewtopic.php?f=87&t=129480
Eve and Lucinda's dirty movies. viewtopic.php?f=87&t=126968

mi6c
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by mi6c »

Greetings, Jeff.
Sorry to be late, even more sorry to not be able to directly help, but I think only Sanhui themselves could provide detailed info on the locations.
Other than that its expertise and with samara78 you already have about the best available around.

I would like to emphasize caution though, because:
While Sofos managed to get it done on a recent doll when I looked into an early 165 model it proved to be completely non-serviceable as the bolts where fixed by welding the nut onto their thread - adjustment zero.
I also like to mention that while I really like Sanhui's very well done layering of silicone over foam / wrapping over bone / joint you are going to destroy the middle layer( wrapping) to even look at the bolt - if the joint is adjustable like Sofos ones were that is acceptable( incision), however if its not and you still want it done you will have to destroy it beyond repair, use a power tool( say dremel) to get rid of the original bolt/nut and then replace it all with new stuff before wrapping it back up together - a lot of work.

Kind regards.
優月( Yuzuki) - Orient Industry Koyuki head / Silicone Art Super Styling(SS) body
艶( Tsuya) - Orient Industry Izumi head on Jewel Real Taste 146(L) body
Tinúviel - EXDOLL Samantha head on Orient Industry Jewel Candy Girl( Jewel 2) body
Yuzuki, Tsuya & friends

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

I was able to tighten a 2 year old 145 cm san hui no issues. Foam can be back with permatex flowable windshield sealant.
Mi6c what are the differences between the old bigger dolls and the 145 cm, that they can't be tightened?
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

mi6c
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by mi6c »

Hi, Sam.
Sorry, I almost missed your reply.
Go back in time here:
https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 7&start=32
and you will see that the nuts were welded onto the bolts as "locks" effectively preventing tightening.
You'd have to flex them off and then replace both bolt and nut.
All the best.
Tinúviel - EXDOLL Samantha head on Orient Industry Jewel Candy Girl( Jewel 2) body
Yuzuki, Tsuya & friends

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

It depends on the age of the doll too i have found. So many improvements of late. Size matters with san hui dolls it seams.

mi6c
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by mi6c »

It is kinda funny with Sanhui.
Whereas most companies do not care at all about users complaining about issues for years and are very loudmouthed about any so called "improvement" they do ...
Sanhui feels like being close to the opposite in that they notice complaints by people and silently solve them their way and incorporate them into their dolls ...
they make improvements and hardly ever advertise them, just occasionally leaving some comment almost between the lines.
I am very impressed with their progress so I kinda wish they would "just" learn to communicate better and create a website that is actually informative instead of blinking and useless.
But there is hope, at least a few days back it only took days not month to get a reply to a comment.
All the best.
Yuzuki, Tsuya & friends

Sofos
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Sofos »

For my experience please check here
https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 261&t=9422

Some things to consider. Make sure to get socket wrenches, the bolts are not metric but imperial. Depending on your location this makes it easier or harder to find tools :wink:

INFORMATIONS