Starpery.com

how to modify a doll

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
johnwick55

how to modify a doll

Post by johnwick55 »

this is my first time posting here. so i got my doll a month ago, it's a realdoll from abyss creations. and even though i knew that it would be heavy and the website says very clearly that they are hard to move around, i still thought "no problem, i'm strong enough to carry it." it has realdoll2 body type d which is like 5'6" or so and easily weighs over 100 pounds. i stupidly thought that i could store it under my bed, but there is no way that is going to work. the doll is so cumbersome and awkward and fragile that i haven't even taken it back out of the crate in two weeks because it's just too much work. i can move it to my bed, but trying to re-position it once it's in bed is almost impossible, and its hands and wrists are constantly getting bent the wrong way every time i try to move it. honestly, it's too bulky and heavy and i kind of regret buying it.

so here's my question. i think some of you might be horrified at the thought of doing this to your own dolls, but i want to remove the arms at the elbow and the legs at the knee. basically, i want to turn it into something like a torso doll. it would remove some of the weight and make it much easier to move around, and also make it possible to store it in a smaller space. is there any procedure for doing this kind of modification? i can cut through the silicone, but how are the joints assembled? are there screws or something to hold the joints together, that i can simply undo in order to remove the doll's forearms and lower legs? has anyone else tried something like that? i'm open to suggestions.

orchido

Re: how to modify a doll

Post by orchido »

johnwick55 wrote:... i want to remove the arms at the elbow and the legs at the knee...
Oh the HORROR! You give me the nightmares! :twisted:

Why not sell the doll instead and buy a smaller one?
Consider the small monetary loss a learning fee.

The Romantic
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by The Romantic »

I agree. Sell her (even at a loss) and start over. You could still buy a torso doll or whatever, but you will have gained valuable information and experience on what you can more realistically handle.
"Romance is the glamour which turns the dust of everyday life into a golden haze."

Silverfox71

Post by Silverfox71 »

Jesus man plz dont do that to her its not her fault you cant lift her so some pressups and pullups for a few weeks and uou will be good :wink:

Silverfox71

Post by Silverfox71 »

If you chop her up she will be worth nothing and i no that doll is well expensive if you sold her now like new you would get enough back to have a torso and a holiday or you could just do the above :thumbs_up:

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Chopping her up won't reduce the weight enough for you to be happy with her. Sell her as like new. And get yourself three other chinese silicone dolls!.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

gonestill77
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by gonestill77 »

Don't ruin your realdoll. Sell her and get one you can handle. Realdolls have a good resale value. You shouldn't take that big of a loss......
Eve- 2016 Sanhui 145
Lucinda- 2015 DS 163 plus

Eves thread http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=261&t=70866
Lucinda's thread viewtopic.php?f=143&t=128707
My doll cleaning and drying video viewtopic.php?f=7&t=127010
Eve and Lucinda's thread viewtopic.php?f=87&t=129480
Eve and Lucinda's dirty movies. viewtopic.php?f=87&t=126968

LikeEmThicc

Post by LikeEmThicc »

Sell it and lose a couple hundred bucks, or be a man and hit the weights.. the two decent options.

I think we've all fucked up and wasted some money at some point in our lives lol

LittleDragon
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by LittleDragon »

First time buyers never truly understand the weight issue until their doll arrives and then they have to deal with it. I see it time and time again. Hell, I was the same way. Until you actually get your first doll, you have no idea what it's like.

Sorry you had to learn the hard way especially on one of the most expensive dolls out there. OUCH! But at least now you know and should you decide to get a smaller doll, your next purchase will be a better fit for you. If you can sell her, then do it and get as much $$$ as you can.

However, at the end of the day, she's all yours. You bought her and you can do whatever you want. Chop her arms and legs off if you want to. I won't be mad at you at all. You have to do what's gonna make YOU happy in the end. Good luck! :drinking:

Or the other option is to just take some time with her. Now that you know what you're dealing with you can take your time and learn how to move her around, position her, etc.... It is a learning experience with a learning curve. You have to change your expectations now and make them more realistic.

LikeEmThicc

Post by LikeEmThicc »

Lol, just to me it makes me cringe as bad as someone buying a brand new, fully loaded Ferrari... then driving it like an ass, gets in a roll-over crash and totals the damn thing

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

Chopping her about will be a mistake that you look back upon as one of the worst of your life.

She looks human. Consider her as human - would you do that to someone? If the act of having done it doesn't give you nightmares, you'll either be exceptional or mindfully blunted. Your financial loss won't be nearly as much as your self inflicted psychological damage. So do take the advice of the people writing here.

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

siliconelover
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconelover »

Yes you can.

Take a utility knife and make a circumference cut around the dolls forearm a couple inches below the elbow. Then make a long vertical cut from that down to the dolls hand. You can then peel away the silicone skin and expose the skeleton and foam core which you can then disassemble.

Same for the lower leg/calf portion.

My concern would be what your left with and those bare open ends should be sealed up preferably with silicone.
SEX, DOLLS and ROCK & ROLL

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

siliconelover wrote:Yes you can.
And you end up having turned a work of art into a very expensive lump of rubber to fuck. There are cheaper lumps of rubber around.

You'll do better preserving her as art for someone who appreciates such things and buying a much cheaper doll to fuck.

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

siliconelover
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconelover »

haremlover wrote:
siliconelover wrote:Yes you can.
And you end up having turned a work of art into a very expensive lump of rubber to fuck. There are cheaper lumps of rubber around.

You'll do better preserving her as art for someone who appreciates such things and buying a much cheaper doll to fuck.

Best wishes

Harem
This member is Not asking for your personal feelings on the subject nor am I interested in your opinion Harem.

It is possible to do this in a very professional manner thereby creating an extended torso doll if you will.

I'd estimate a weight loss of 10 - 15 lbs.
SEX, DOLLS and ROCK & ROLL

LikeEmThicc

Post by LikeEmThicc »

oh SNAP!

personal feelings aside, it's 10-15 fucking pounds lol... it's not like an extreme saving in weight. Tbh, man just nut the fuck up and lift it. You'll get stronger from moving her, even if you don't wanna hit the weight bench. Or if you just don't wanna fuck with it, sell the RD and you'll still have plenty of money for a TPE doll, hell I think the 140's are only like 60-65 lbs

Shit, i wish i had that kinda money to just not care if i fucked up something expensive. must be nice not having to live check to check..

INFORMATIONS