Starpery.com

how to modify a doll

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: how to modify a doll

Post by haremlover »

No - not cutting the roof off a Porsche. It's like taking the radiator off a Rolls Royce 'cause the car's too big for the garage.

If you do it you end up with something worthless. You end up a loser.

If you send her to someone for the price of a 160 DS doll or 155/156 size TPE doll then they get the Rolls Royce that's too big for your garage and you get a pristine wonderful and manageable doll. Win/Win

Life is all about making good decisions, and the best decisions are where your good decisions are good for others too. People who don't understand that end up rather lonely.

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

ilikedolls123
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by ilikedolls123 »

Dude, no matter what anyone else says, thinks, or feels, it realistically won't make a bit of difference to them either way what you decide to do with your doll. If they aren't paying your bills or signing your paycheck, they have no say in what you do and what decisions you make for yourself. I was in the same boat with my first doll:

https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... =6&t=48529

and after I modified it, I didn't regret it at all. I already accepted the fact that I was going to pay what I paid...why not get what I wanted? For me, that modification is what it took to make the doll actually have VALUE to me.
Its your money, its your doll, its your decision, and your an adult who can make his own decisions. What does it matter to someone else what you do with your own personal possessions and belongings? How will it affect them besides just bothering them inside? Are they going to lose money? Or get demoted at their job? Or develop health issues? Nope. It won't affect them in any way at all.
I think its helpful that others throw out suggestions like some did, in case those options never occurred to you. But if you thought it through and made your decision, hey...its your stuff, its not going to affect me or anyone else in any way, shape, or form whatever you decide. My car engine isn't going to blow, my electric bill isn't going to triple in size, and I'm not going to start having acid reflux if you modify your doll. So do what you gotta do, it doesn't matter to me (and it shouldn't matter to anyone else), and I hope it works out for you.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

johnwick55 wrote:so here's my question. i think some of you might be horrified at the thought of doing this to your own dolls, but i want to remove the arms at the elbow and the legs at the knee. basically, i want to turn it into something like a torso doll. it would remove some of the weight and make it much easier to move around, and also make it possible to store it in a smaller space. is there any procedure for doing this kind of modification? i can cut through the silicone, but how are the joints assembled? are there screws or something to hold the joints together, that i can simply undo in order to remove the doll's forearms and lower legs? has anyone else tried something like that? i'm open to suggestions.
I agree. It's your doll. Weigh your options and if you still want to do it, get yourself a Sawzall (electric reciprocating saw) and have at it! Use the longest fine tooth metal cutting blade you can find and go slow. Afterward, tape or cap the stumps off with some silicone adhesive and you're done. 8)

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

Psychopathic.

The media loves stories of guys who are too lacking in empathy to get a real girl. Fucking lumps of rubber that look like dead bodies, necrophiliacs. Mutilated dead bodies, worse.

This really isn't what the doll world needs and for many dolls are very much the reverse of this, bringing empathy and understanding to others as a result of interaction with dolls and what the dolls want to do.

What is your lady saying about having her arms and legs chopped off?

In being shown the way where you can preserve beauty, swap out for a lighter weight doll for your enjoyment and bring enjoyment to someone else who otherwise wouldn't be able to afford a Rolls Royce of a toy lady, rejecting such a path is the way of the loser and waster.

Life and heaven is about making good decisions, good decisions between you and others, you and resources, you and objects and how they can help others to have good lives too. Focus on the you without appreciating you as part of the rest of the world, of things past, of things made, and of things which are to come makes people plod, and even sink in mire, sink below the waves of the Sea of Circumstances, rather than enabling confident walking upon the water of that Sea, or even flying. Find wings, and you'll become an angel. You can.

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

ilikedolls123
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by ilikedolls123 »

Some people need to get off their high horse and accept the fact that a doll owner has every right to do what they want with their doll. How in the world is the media going to get involved with this guy and his decision to possibly modify his doll?? I think some people are grasping at straws with statements like that, and possibly trying to seize an opportunity to get a Realdoll for cheap by convincing an owner to sell it for the amount that they can get a torso doll with.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

haremlover wrote:No - not cutting the roof off a Porsche. It's like taking the radiator off a Rolls Royce 'cause the car's too big for the garage.

If you do it you end up with something worthless. You end up a loser.

If you send her to someone for the price of a 160 DS doll or 155/156 size TPE doll then they get the Rolls Royce that's too big for your garage and you get a pristine wonderful and manageable doll. Win/Win

Life is all about making good decisions, and the best decisions are where your good decisions are good for others too. People who don't understand that end up rather lonely.

Best wishes

Harem
This! :thumbs_up:

You can give your doll a chance with someone else and get a doll you will truely enjoy and give her a chance at a full life too. You won't save enough weight cutting the limbs off of her. It is expensive to do the stubs ypur self you could trade her for a gorgeous real doll or ruby 13 torso.
Something to think about.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

siliconelover
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconelover »

samara78 wrote: You can give your doll a chance with someone else and get a doll you will truely enjoy and give her a chance at a full life too. You won't save enough weight cutting the limbs off of her. It is expensive to do the stubs ypur self you could trade her for a gorgeous real doll or ruby 13 torso.

Member johnwick has stated it is Not simply a weight issue but dealing with the extremities and losing 15 lbs. is considerable in combination.

The only expense involved would be in the filling of the ends which I personally would do with smooth-on silicone.

The wait time on a RD Torso has got to be 6 months ... and john has already said he isn't about to play the wait game again not to mention torso's don't perform like dolls.

Ruby13 doesn't exist anymore for all intended purposes.

john has the information he needs and got what he asked for ... and then some ... It's a pretty straight forward job and whatever he decides it is his business.
SEX, DOLLS and ROCK & ROLL

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

siliconelover wrote: Ruby13 doesn't exist anymore for all intended purposes.
Not so. Jim has restarted production with invigoration.

The rest of your comment goes exactly to matters upon which I've touched in this thread.

Yes, it's his to do what he wants to, but Samara and others have demonstrated there's a better way, for him and for others.

On a thread about someone giving away some dolls I've commented, and it applies here:
Life is not about going around earning money, buying things because you've earned it, and expecting to extract the last penny on resale of what you've bought because it's yours and you earned it, or cutting up a piece of art because you think it's yours to cut up because you've earned it and it's no-one elses. We live on the same planet, breathe the same air, drink the same water, and get poisoned by the same things. Money is only a description of the result of activity, not activity itself. We exist because so many before us have given to make it possible for us to be here, far in excess of any money we earn ourselves. This is why generosity is key and why Graham is very enlightened.
When you do the right thing you not only walk on water, upon the sea of circumstances, but you start to fly and become an angel.

It's better to be an angel than a crawling organism stuck in the ground.

Dolls are reflections of a reality. What does the toy lady at the heart of this thread think about having her arms and legs cut off?

Best wishes,

Harem

kojima

Post by kojima »

Full disclosure, I'm with those that would rather see this doll given a new home. I think it would be a terrible waste not to.

But this thread got very philosophical and very preachy very quickly. I understand that some owners see dolls as people or reflections of reality. I personally love having Maaya around. I'll even turn on the TV and let her watch Netflix while I go about my business around the house and sometimes feel guilty that she is left at home all day while I'm at work. I once put a plate of food in front of her to take a few photos of her eating dinner and actually felt a tinge of sadness and guilt that I had to take the food back afterwards. I can understand where these owners come from. That said, not all owners feel that way about their dolls.

I also share concern about how the media spins stories like this to paint doll owners as lacking in empathy or freaks of society. I've even voiced my concerns about videos showing charged, misogynistic language that sometimes gets thrown at dolls (and real women, for that matter). I'm not suggesting he video tape the process of hacking off her limbs and post it online, but what he does in the privacy of his home is his own business. He paid money for his doll and it's ultimately his decision to make. If he chooses to do the modification, it might be a decision he regrets for the rest of his life. He might end up losing big in the end, but how does that make him comparable to a ground crawling organism; or affect any of us, for that matter? How would any part what he decides differ from if he'd simply kept her locked in his closet or left bent over a chair in his living room, or if he simply chose to throw her out with the trash? She would be there and not with someone else. Would donating her be a truly generous thing to do? Sure, but that's a large chunk of change to simply give away. We can't put the blame on him for not being generous or giving enough when I've not seen anyone here offer to buy him another doll at no cost. You talk about spreading your wings and becoming an angel, here's the chance to do it yourself. I'm all for sharing this world and the generosity of others to better mankind, but comparing this situation to the shared existential nature of the human experiment is, quite frankly, grandiose superlative, bordering on pretentious. There's no need to preach; no need to use shame tactics.

Opinions and suggestions are one thing, but I think it's time the thread got back to its original intent without the ostentatious philosophy.
Currently boarding:
青山真綾 (Maaya Aoyama) ::WM 153 #85::

Maaya's Doll Album

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

I understand where you're coming from but
(a) a RealDoll is a work of art
(b) the difference between a realistic doll and a lump of rubber is the capacity of the owner of a doll to be able to enter that fantasyworld of Doll, that this image in human form has some sort of life and some sort of story.

What story would this doll maimed by her owner tell to anyone who came across her? Having maimed her at some stage the question is how to dispose of "it". The disposing of body parts will mean inevitably that someone will find them and then the images will go viral.

It's neither preaching nor inappropriate philosophy to examine the life of the doll from such a point of view.

TPE dolls can be disposed of by reason of melting the TPE for repouring into some other form. Silicone dolls with foam cores are rather another matter.

I suppose there's business to be made in providing the services of a doll undertaker and burial of body parts following dissection.

Best wishes

Harem

Dollfriend
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: TPE Land, just a few miles east of Silicone Valley...

Post by Dollfriend »

Just about every Video, and many Pictures I have seen of these Dolls, the Owner has Rigged up some kind of Block and Tackle Pulley system throughout the house and Bed to maneuver these heavy dolls around, I guess this would be another alternative that could be looked into. Instead of Hoisting the Mainsail, you would be hoisting the Maintail....

siliconelover
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconelover »

haremlover wrote:
siliconelover wrote: Ruby13 doesn't exist anymore for all intended purposes.
Not so. Jim has restarted production with invigoration.
Sure he has ...

How much of your money does he have ? Let me guess, None.

How many R13 dolls do you own ? None

So, Stop patting this guy (Jim) on the back. Don't recommend a doll to someone that doesn't exist anymore (the original does not) and a company that has back orders dating more than a year.

<removed>

Send me the doll john and I will perform the surgery here in my shop for free.
Last edited by Slew on Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed rule 3
SEX, DOLLS and ROCK & ROLL

Silverfox71

Post by Silverfox71 »

I am sure the realdoll makers would be best pleased to no someone is going to hack 1 of there works of arts up just because of a little weight issue? John please post a photo of your Doll then i am sure someone on this site will make you a offer you cant refuse on her but if you chop her up she will be worth about as much as a blow up doll we all make mistakes in our lives if she 2 heavy just sell her mate, best wishes Silverfox71

hentai_11

Post by hentai_11 »

Let me ask a stupid question first. Did you put her into seating position, when trying to carry her? It's much easier to carry her this way bridal style.
Like I said, it is a stupid question and you probably tried it. I just asked it, cause it would totally suck, if you chopped her limbs without trying it ... :roll:

Now that we got rid of the stupid question let me tell you something. I am one of the few members here, who own a normal doll and a limbless torso. And arms and legs are totally overrated. :wink:
Guess what parts broke first on my doll? Right, her fingers. Her knees also got some damage. That was one of the reasons I bought a limbless torso next. And I am happy with it.

However a limbless Torso has some disadvantages, you should know before you go that way. The weight will be reduced, however carrying her will still not be easy. Without legs it isn't easy to get a good grip. "Grab her by the pussy" is easier said than done and not recommended. :wink:
Without legs you also can't change the vagina width. On a normal doll you can spread the legs to widen the vagina orifice. I don't know, if your doll has a fixed vagina or an insert. If she is insert style, than spreading her legs could be vital to change the insert. Maybe this could be solved by leaving some leg stumps.

Deep in my heart I still hope you will sell her and buy a new torso. However, if you decide to go the amputation way, than please post before and after pictures. But only if the surgery wents well. I don't want to get nightmares. :P

We wish you the best of luck.
Aloe & Zexa.JPG
Aloe & Zexa.JPG (811.05 KiB) Viewed 1546 times

Pron
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Pron »

Why don't you get a small winch and a rail system for your doll?
You can even hang her on a trampoline spring.
A RealGirl has arms and legs, too which you normally don't chop off. 8O
So there should be a way to handle the weight and extremities I think. :wink:
If you chop off her extremities I would buy them from you as spare parts for my Realdoll body D :thumbs_up:

INFORMATIONS