Starpery.com

Perfume & TPE

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Vega1
Active Poster
Active Poster

Perfume & TPE

Post by Vega1 »

Hi, Can anyone tell me if it's safe to spray alcohol-based perfume on TPE or should I just stick to spraying it on clothes and wigs??

Thanks.

abcguyxyz
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: Perfume & TPE

Post by abcguyxyz »

My research here came up with clothes and hair only. That works just as well. I've got two scents for two wigs and a couple different clothes.

Vega1
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Vega1 »

abcguyxyz wrote:My research here came up with clothes and hair only. That works just as well. I've got two scents for two wigs and a couple different clothes.
Thanks, I've already just stuck to spraying on the hair to be safe.

optical delusion
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by optical delusion »

while i havent used perfume i would say a few drops into a glass jar with your corn starch/ talcum powder can infuse it with a scent, i have used a lot of essential oils as well as experimentation with plants from my own garden with great success. have been doing this for about 5 months now.

if you have a test piece of tpe/silicon place that in the jar for a week or 2 before applying to your girl to confirm no reactions take place

Hungry Bear
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Hungry Bear »

Parfum, eau de toilette and cologne are fairly different animals. High end parfum can be ambergris or oil based, and may not be overly reactive with TPE. Cheaper perfumes, toilettes, and colognes are higher in alcohol and be more harmful to petroleum based elastomers. I have some nicer parfum that i used just under the neck seam on one of my dolls and have found no damage. It also seems to last longer with that direct application. To be safe, stick with clothes and wigs.
It is okay to feed the bear! In fact, it is highly recommended! Just be sure to count your fingers afterword.

INFORMATIONS