Starpery.com

Repair of loose skin bump in silicone

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
gunsmithcat
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Repair of loose skin bump in silicone

Post by gunsmithcat »

TheIQF++ wrote:Thanks guys, :) right now she has been resting on the table for 24 hours. I just put her on the doll stand to hang. I will test her leg after another 24 hours.

While I wait to test the sitting position...

Some tips on preparation:
*It pays to have a padded table that she can lay on and not be disturbed. I have a fold out table with blankets and memory foam on it.
*You also need another surface to keep all your supplies within reach because your doll will take up a lot of space on her table.
*You'll need plenty of light to see what you are doing. I have an adjustable lamp so I can see inside the incision.
*It would suck to get permatex in your carpet. I had a trash can and extra gloves ready when the permatex bottle burst. The dollar store has like 100 gloves in packs. That's also where I got some micro fiber cloths.

Also, before I was unsure of what injector tip to use but now it is obvious I need to use the one with the open tip (the glue won't come all the way out of one with holes on the side). Thanks for the tip about cleaning them with acetone. :thumbs_up:

So far so good. Her thigh looks smooth and even so at least I did not use too much.
I am anxious to play with her again. Waiting the full 48 hours like samara said just to be safe.

I'm next on the ER table.... well... actually my wife...but still... which kind of gloves did you use?

How much permatex did you use also?

and how did it went?

It look like you did an awesome job!!!
Elfie's Closet photo album
viewtopic.php?f=143&t=106702

Elfie's Closet photo album 2.0
viewtopic.php?f=143&t=134185

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Use nitrile gloves and permatex flowable silicone. He said about half a tube. Buy 3 tubes. Your damage is more
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

Karrot
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Karrot »

Good work. For closing the incision in her thigh if the pins dont hold it, you can use cling film (saran wrap in the US? ) just make certain the whole area around is cleaned with acetone to make her skin tacky and it will stick to it firmly and you can pinch the cut closed with it whilst the silicone cures (make sure it goes on smooth, without crinkles or you'll get little crinkles of cured silicone over the closure)

K
I'm just a boy, standing in front of a girl, trying not to masturbate.
Xiaoli - DS Doll 160+ with Jaiyi head (Picture Thread here)
Kaia - DS Doll 167 Evo with Kayla head (Picture Thread here)
Xiaoli and Kaia together (Picture Thread Here)
Jess, Cindy, and Pinky (TeddyBabes) (Picture Thread Here)
Maddie - WM158G #233 (Picture Thread Here)
Romi - FunWest FWD078 (Picture Thread Here]

TheIQF++
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by TheIQF++ »

I appreciate all the help, guys. :) I will consider anything to fix her.

Well, I believe the operation was only about 80% successful. Unfortunately there is still a small bump. :( It is not nearly as bad as before but I don't want it to grow so I'm going back in. Thankfully I had a feeling I would need more permatex so I have another tube ready.
Before first attempt:
after first attempt... better but not perfect
after first attempt... better but not perfect
stillbulge01.gif (4.66 MiB) Viewed 644 times
I think the problem was that you can't see where the glue is underneath the skin while you are injecting it. I could barely feel it either - not through the layer of silicone. I should have planned to use the whole tube and just back off when it felt full.
It's kind of hard to mash the glue where you want it to if you don't use enough.

I might have a problem now that the bump it is only partially glued. Before I try again. I have to be sure that the glue will flow to the opposite end of the de-lamination. Or else I might have to cut open the other side of her leg to get to it.

The other thing that worries me is that the injector is only straight and of course her leg is not. It curves around and I don't want to puncture the skin from underneath. Getting it to flow from one side of the de-lamination to the other did not work good enough for me.

I have a crazy idea to inject the permatex around curves. If it works I will be able to inject the glue way up where I want it...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

TheIQF++
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by TheIQF++ »

Just a quick update:

The 2nd attempt looks to have worked! I bent her leg up almost to the sitting position and I did not see any bumps at all! :mrgreen:
I'm almost afraid to bend further than that, even though this dolls legs can go pretty far up (as shown in many pictures). I'll probably try that a little later, but I want to be very careful for a while.
gunsmithcat wrote:I'm next on the ER table.... well... actually my wife...but still... which kind of gloves did you use?

How much permatex did you use also?

and how did it went?

It look like you did an awesome job!!!
Yeah I have some nitrile gloves and some cheapy plastic ones.
I put about 2/3 of a tube into the flavor injector because I knew not all of it would come out. I think only just over half came out. Which turned out to not be enough. I used another 3/4 of a tube to fix what did not stick. So I used a lot! I would get as many tubes as samara said. I believe you can do it! :D

I'll post pics later (must sleep) but I'm very glad this worked. I still have to close the incision and will follow the directions and hope for a perfect seam. Could not have got this far without the advice on this forum.
:glou:

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Awesome sauce!
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

LaDollyVita
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by LaDollyVita »

Im glad to hear that you kept at it, and that you were successful! Well done! :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

matt gloss
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by matt gloss »

:multi:

TheIQF++
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by TheIQF++ »

Thank you! :)

Here is a look at the leg movement after a good 48 hours. There is no longer a bulge on top. :D
repairpart2.gif
repairpart2.gif (4.19 MiB) Viewed 596 times
The incision wants to stick together and is hard to spot if you don't know where it is.
DSC_0374s.JPG
DSC_0374s.JPG (230.12 KiB) Viewed 596 times
I have just sealed the incision with permatex.

It went pretty good but I had a few odd problems. I was a little too tired to do this and my eyes were blurring. :scrambleup:
I had a little bit of permatex left over in the fridge. It went on nice and even with a small paint brush.
I had a cloth with alcohol to wipe away the excess permatex that squished out of the seam.
I put in the sewing pins but somehow it was distorting the seam into a squiggly line so I took a few of them out. Either I used too many or they were too close to the seam. :?

I had some cling wrap near me to put around her thigh but somehow I could not find it when I needed it. :x It was right here a second ago. It will turn up when I no longer need it. :tongue:
I held the cut closed with my own hands for about 40 minutes. I actually dozed off on her lap for a little bit but fortunately I didn't let go.
Karrot wrote:...just make certain the whole area around is cleaned with acetone to make her skin tacky and it will stick to it firmly and you can pinch the cut closed with it whilst the silicone cures...
This tip worked out very well. Instead of cling wrap I reached for some clear tape that was nearby. It stayed on the cleaned skin pretty good. It worked pretty good for going in between the sewing pins too.
DSC_0375s.JPG
DSC_0375s.JPG (221.15 KiB) Viewed 596 times
Now I am just waiting another 48 hours before I move her again.
Hoping for a good seam. 0X

MannyCan
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by MannyCan »

TheIQF++ , you're amazing and you definitely remain an inspiration to me!! Such care and dedication!! AWESOME BRO!
TheIQF++ wrote:Or else I might have to cut open the other side of her leg to get to it.
So did you have to cut open the other side? Or did you just us the same incision twice? How were you able to get the adhesive to the other side of the leg?

Congrats Man.
MannyCan

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Gorgeous repair. Awesome work.

mi6c
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by mi6c »

Somehow I missed this thread. :?
Also means I missed the gruesome stuff and the suspense though and just see a great result, so I am not too worried. :)
Well done. :thumbs_up:

All the best.
優月( Yuzuki) - Orient Industry Koyuki head / Silicone Art Super Styling(SS) body
艶( Tsuya) - Orient Industry Izumi head on Jewel Real Taste 146(L) body
Tinúviel - EXDOLL Samantha head on Orient Industry Jewel Candy Girl( Jewel 2) body
Yuzuki, Tsuya & friends

TheIQF++
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by TheIQF++ »

MannyCan wrote:TheIQF++ , you're amazing and you definitely remain an inspiration to me!! Such care and dedication!! AWESOME BRO!
TheIQF++ wrote:Or else I might have to cut open the other side of her leg to get to it.
So did you have to cut open the other side? Or did you just us the same incision twice? How were you able to get the adhesive to the other side of the leg?

Congrats Man.
MannyCan
Nope, no more cutting! :)

My idea to get around the curve of her thigh was to use some flexible tubing. I got some with an OD that is just smaller than the flavor injector needle. Then I cut the tip diagonally so there was a point that could push through the foam and silicone. This allowed me to snake it up inside the void. I had it ready to go and I think this could have worked... However, I was unsure of exactly where the tube tip was because I could not feel it through the skin like I could with the metal needle. So I went back to using the needle. When the void was filled up with permatex I massaged it around. I used more this time so I could feel where it was. I think I should have used a tube and a half right off the bat. Maybe even more.

Thanks for the compliment and I hope you don't have any problems with your doll! :angel:

TheIQF++
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by TheIQF++ »

Well, thank you for the support, guys.
Well I had to drag this out another 48 hours. Her cut healed really nicely except that there was a bit of a gap where the glue did not fully adhere. And I mean a very little spot. Like less than a millimeter - but I know it's there. I think maybe this is because I pulled some glue out when I was cleaning up the excess. :?

I used a toothpick and applied some very lightly. Then cleaned it off with an alcohol dabbed cloth. Even more gently this time. Then I covered it with some plastic wrap. (I found the wad that floated away last time :x ) If I had seen any gaps I would have used more pins.

While I was doing this I repaired a few other cuts my girls have had for a bit:
*My 167 also had one little cut on her shoulder that has been there since she was shipped to me last summer. I did the same thing as above and added some glue with a toothpick and sealed with seran wrap.
*My other 167 had a small puncture hole in her opposite shoulder. She had an unfortunate accident when a chair she was sitting on suddenly tipped over sending her into a door. The wound on her shoulder looks like a pencil tip was barely stuck in. It's nice how the silicone closes on itself and it is barley noticeable. Amazingly, that was all that was damaged. The cut was so tight I had to open it with my fingers to get the glue in.

This time I did all these repairs while they were already hanging. The cuts look pretty good now. They only have 24 hours left to wait. Then I'll finally be done.
:glou:

TheIQF++
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by TheIQF++ »

Final update:
Ok, it is finally done. :) Looks like the cut healed pretty well.
fixcut.JPG
fixcut.JPG (206.82 KiB) Viewed 515 times
There are a few creases where the plastic wrap was that I just took off. It should wear off pretty fast. I'm glad I went over the cut one more time. It is a lot smoother to the touch and blends right in with the seam of her leg. Once I clean her and powder her up there should be very little trace of anything. The other injuries also healed similarly.

It took a while but it was worth it. It's nice to have her back to normal. I'm glad this worked so well! :) Hopefully this doesn't happen to anyone else but fixing it is not that bad.

Once again I appreciate everyone's help and support. :thumbs_up: I'm sure my doll thanks you too! :D

INFORMATIONS