Starpery.com

Eybrows and Lips Faded after 1 Day

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
DocMoriarty
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Eybrows and Lips Faded after 1 Day

Post by DocMoriarty »

I got my YL 148cm doll with WM head 93 yesterday.
I unpacked her and her head looked like this:
002_xxx_head_and_Sack.jpg
002_xxx_head_and_Sack.jpg (75.32 KiB) Viewed 2863 times
Today, 1 day after arrival, 1 eyebrow nearly totally faded, the lips color is gone and the 2nd eyebrow is partially faded too. I would understand when the lips take some damage from kissing (after 1 day?) but can't remember i ever touched the eyebrows. Unlike some dolls images that i saw my head didn't have the eyebrows / lips covered with some clear laquer.
016_Xiu_eyebrows_fading.jpg
016_Xiu_eyebrows_fading.jpg (107.48 KiB) Viewed 2863 times
1. question: Is that the legendary quality of WM Dolls having the make up fade after one day? Or is this possibly a scam which in my case is pretty much possible. I don't trust the shop anymore where i bought this doll (before i found TDF).

2. question: I would like to repair this. I read about ppl using acrylic colors on dolls. Is that the way to go when i want to repaint her eyebrows and lips? (I still have lots of acrylic paint since i used to paint pictures many years ago).

bob7892
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Eybrows and Lips Faded after 1 Day

Post by bob7892 »

The make up the factory uses on these dolls , is every day normal make up and is not permanent , Lips are easy just buy her a lipstick , eye brows can be done with an eye brow pencil .
Powder make up is about the best , for her face , Tpe absorbs make up , this is what may have happened to your doll
Welcome to Future , Just take a look inside .
We've got every thing you need , including Sex Android's
Come on Boys , Just take a look , Every things Unique
If You want Real Sexy Dolls , Just cum and take a peak
In The Future ,In The Future
So Welcome !!!!!!!!!
WELCOME !!!!!! To The FUTURE !!!!!!!!!!

My Girls and their stories https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 13&t=87890

My first doll Latasha is on a secret mission to find the perfect body !!!!!

Kireina's song https://youtu.be/sxSw20Gmubs

Some one said , Guys have girlfriends , because they have not found their perfect doll :D :D :D :D
Well I have :D :D :D :D Her name Is Kireina AND she's a 6ye :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I am me , and just me , and always will be me , and I don't deserve to be put in a box :evil: nobody does .bob7892

RC3291

Post by RC3291 »

Did you use baby oil on her head/face? Makes good makeup remover. Don't ask how I know.
Holly 150cm of 6ye joy from BCD

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Hey Doc,

A few of us have had good luck applying Permatex flowable silicone over eye makeup for glossy lips.
I'm not sure how well this would hold up to lots of use though.
More discussion here...
viewtopic.php?f=87&t=88071

The simplest way to redo the eyebrows is with eye shadow and eyebrow stencils.
I use the Ardell ones...
https://www.sallybeauty.com/brow-stenci ... lt,pd.html
Kiss also has a nice kit that includes stencils and makeup...
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Kiss-Ever-EZ ... l/45017547

bob7892
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by bob7892 »

RC3291 wrote:Did you use baby oil on her head/face? Makes good makeup remover. Don't ask how I know.
Now you have sparked my curiosity , how do you know that then :?: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Vaseline is also a good make up remover and is easier to work with :D :D :D :D
So Welcome !!!!!!!!!

My Girls and their stories https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 13&t=87890

Some one said , Guys have girlfriends , because they have not found their perfect doll :D :D :D :D
Well I have :D :D :D :D Her name Is Kireina AND she's a 6ye :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I am me , and just me , and always will be me , and I don't deserve to be put in a box :evil: nobody does .bob7892

Holly2017
Doll
Doll

Post by Holly2017 »

bob7892 wrote:
RC3291 wrote:Did you use baby oil on her head/face? Makes good makeup remover. Don't ask how I know.
Now you have sparked my curiosity , how do you know that then :?: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
We don't talk about that or ham sammiches.
6ye 150cm D-cup X19

bob7892
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by bob7892 »

Holly2017 wrote:
bob7892 wrote:
We don't talk about that or ham sammiches.
:? :? :? :? :? DOLLS :roll:
So Welcome !!!!!!!!!

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

Some where there is a thread about eyebrows and the results looked even better than the factory!
I just need to find it!
Jeff

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

http://dolldesire.com/
. One vendor name kept coming up as being great at helping customers walk through the process, Booty Call Dolls. So I decided I would work with them on this first purchase, and did.
-princeoverit
You could not of found a better person to help you with your first doll. Jeff /Booty call dolls, knows his stuff... One of the few members that is a vendor and a real lover of dolls. He owns quite a few dolls, and really understands the love we all share.
-Just in time

DocMoriarty
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by DocMoriarty »

Many thanks for all the answers.

I think i know how she lost the eyebrows. It was very hot yesterday during our wedding night and playing with her made me sweat a lot too and my face was partially touching hers at times. So i guess the salty water from my sweat removed most of the left eyebrow.
So not only baby oil but salt water is probably good to remove makeup 8O

I also thought the makeup would be more permanent, so thats good to know that it's not.

I don't like to use real lipstick tho simply because it causes stains on everything that gets in contact with it. I prefer a more permanent non-staining thing so might try the acrylic paint thing together with some type of varnish, most likely the varnish i have anyway for acrylic paintings.

The eyebrow thread is great, thanks for providing it, Jeff. I'll probably try find some eyebrow wigs. That seems to be a lot more realistic than painting them.

Edit: actually a great varnish could be some completely transparent glue for eyebrows/lashes because it must be somewhat elastic too.

Edit2: bought eyebrows for my honey and glue. Now i'm curious how this will work out. Geezus them eyebrows can be pretty expensive, can get a normal wig for that price too.

DocMoriarty
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by DocMoriarty »

Tried to glue the new eyebrows but the skin glue that came with the eyebrows doesn't work on TPE. Does anyone have an idea what glue would be good for that?

Other than that can't really recommend XXL Lashes. The eyebrows were a tad too wide (ok) but what was worse they didn't have the same shape, the bow on one was a different angle than the other ... total nogo. Fixed it a tad with cutting them into a more pleasant shape with cloth scissors. Didn't make any pictures since the glue didn't hold. Well it did ... to my fingers :roll:

SynthetikReality95
Ex-Member

Post by SynthetikReality95 »

yeah they use shitty paint, mineral oil takes it right out... which is funny since dolls sweat oil anyway. Designed to fail? Oh well, we just get good at doing eyebrows :)

I use one of those eyeliner pencil things to redo them

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Here's how the eyebrows came out on my WM#21 head...
IMG_4217-2.JPG
IMG_4217-2.JPG (252.81 KiB) Viewed 2684 times
The technique takes a little practice - the back of her head worked good for that. :wink:
I used the eyebrow stencils and some light brown eye shadow to get the shape, then painted a line in the middle and scratched through it with a toothpick using quick strokes.
The acrylic paint will eventually crack off, so next I'm going to try coating them with some Permatex and see if that helps.
The lips were also done with eye shadow and coated with Permatex.

DocMoriarty
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by DocMoriarty »

I experimented a little with acrylic colors on Xiu's head but it didn't work. It doesn't stick the least little bit, can just rubb it off. I also got a RTV-silicone glue (for repairing poking thru wire skeleton on my JM-Dolls arm) but didn't dare to use it on the acrylic paint yet.

I found out tho that STAEDLER Lumicolor permanent markers work pretty well to paint on TPE. I have a black one that i use to write CD's/covers and tried this and worked pretty well, tried it on the inside of her neck and covered part of it with the RTV-silicone to see how it turns out. Will have to wait till tomorrow. Guess i will get me a set of those Lumicolor markers, good enough for nipples, lips and eyebrows.

What permatex product did you use to seal the lips? My RTV-silicones viscosity isn't good enough to use it like a paint.

And btw your eyebrows look really great, better than artificial eyebrow wigs IMO. Also like the lips and glossy look.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

I mix rtv 4500 with mineral spirits. Prep the surface to be painted with isopropyl alcohol apply powder color to the area od the doll to be painted(lips) go over it with a paint brush. Mix in a well ventilated area. For the brows after i apply powder, i use straight silicone no mineral spirits.
Mix more fluid for the mouth.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

INFORMATIONS