Starpery.com

TPE and Mineral Oils

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Panther68
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Re: TPE and Mineral Oils

Post by Panther68 »

Your fine. What hollows+fentiman is trying to say is some people think if once a month is fine that every week or day must be better. I got Anastasia 4 months ago and have not oiled her for 2 months now. I put her through a lot of wear and tear. Not from the sex part, but from the everyday outdoor photo shoots. The constant wardrobe changes, lifting in and out of the car, constant posing. Not to mention, all the outdoor elements of dust,dirt,exhaust. She is fine, though I will clean, oil and powder her this coming week. Gotta pamper her every once in a while.

To sum it up. JUST DON"T over do it. These dolls don't come with instruction manuals, so all of us are learning as we go.

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by hollows+fentiman »

Yeah, sorry mate! I think the key here is not to go overboard with any oil treatment! You can have too much of a good thing too!

OK, TPE is made with aromatic hydrocarbons which are still locked into the material to give it its suppleness. The oils exude to the surface gradually which is what gives the ‘skin’ it’s smell and stickiness. These oils do evaporate gradually and the idea of the oil was to replenish them to maintain suppleness. If your lady is placed on dark sheets or even cardboard you will see this oil quite plainly after a fairly short time! The oils also interfere with the dyes in some clothing which is why staining occurs if you’re not careful!

Now, in my opinion, some dolls dry out faster than others - my two being examples! My Vivette is quite chunky and there’s no way she’s drying out anytime soon! Ashaki is skinny though and doesn’t have much ‘meat’ on her! I did notice her skin was quite dry at times so, yes, I have oiled her probably three times last year, the first being several months after her arrival.

What I am trying to say is that you need to keep your eye on things! Yes, it’s lovely to give her an oil bath occasionally (I’ve never needed to do Vivette btw) but don’t go mad with frequent treatment. Unless you think she is really dirty she shouldn’t need a bath or oiling for a couple of months at a time in my opinion. You can use wipes to clean bits of her and just keep her powdered enough so she doesn’t become ‘sticky’!

If you do use Vaseline or Nivea in the crotch area to keep that supple don’t do it blindly as a matter of routine. Look at the area and feel it! Check what is happening and STOP if you think it’s becoming too soft there!

On another note, I used to use Vaseline to put the insert in but I have now gone back to powder for a while! This is the thing about maintenance, it’s an ongoing thing but it’s not like a car! If it doesn’t need it don’t do it just because you think it’s part of the routine!

This is an emotive subject so I’m sure there’ll be others with their opinions too! If you’re a new doll owner though she should not need anything for a while apart from powder! Don’t worry, you can use the oil, Vaseline or cream if you want but be sparing with it to start with until you know her better!

Cheers, Hollows.
Ashaki Sanura's Family Adventures (WM168 Nava) viewtopic.php?f=11&t=77571

Tanice & Jacey WM168A (Lovedolls Grace Williams & #64 heads)
Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
ETesse PIB Spinner 2.0 silicone
Yi nu de & Yong DS100
Many Phicen, Jiaou, LD, Barbie and Ken Dolls!

Downthehatch

Post by Downthehatch »

Thanky you for that key detailed information!! That’s exactly what I needed to hear.

Downthehatch

Post by Downthehatch »

Oh, forgot to ask if hand wipes will suffice for spot cleaning??

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

Read and heed,
The protocol in our Newly wed guide still applies to ALL TPE dolls.
I already know once person who fell for the new JINSAN TPE is better and his doll DRIED OUT!
So he did not follow day 1-5 and things went bad.

hollows+fentiman,
Thanks you for your rock solid advice.
Each lady and how much she is loved, plays a huge role.
BCD
http://dolldesire.com/
. One vendor name kept coming up as being great at helping customers walk through the process, Booty Call Dolls. So I decided I would work with them on this first purchase, and did.
-princeoverit
You could not of found a better person to help you with your first doll. Jeff /Booty call dolls, knows his stuff... One of the few members that is a vendor and a real lover of dolls. He owns quite a few dolls, and really understands the love we all share.
-Just in time

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Thanks Jeff!

As for wipes, simple wipes preferably without alcohol are fine (although these may be ok for silicone ladies). You don’t need fancy ingredients that are good for humans and most are anti bacterial anyway!

Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
Yi nu de & Yong DS100

annabellelover
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by annabellelover »

I've never given any of my dolls oil treatments. I currently have five dolls and haven't noticed any problems with cracking or tearing with one exception. My first doll is a 2.5 year-old OR doll that now has a few cracks and tears around the private areas, particularly between her legs. They started appearing after eight or so months. I assume it might have been from drying. But the rest of my dolls are all WM and I haven't noticed any problems. My second doll is about 2 years old and she's still very oil-ly, it doesn't take that long after cleaning for her to be oil-ly again. For my remaining three dolls they seem pretty fine. I notice no significant tearing on my dolls (minus my oldest).

Also, I maybe only wash my ladies twice a year (and that might be generous to say). I just give them a bath and a powdering of cornstarch. I used to use baby powder until a year ago, but I have found that cornstarch works tons better, it makes it smoother and appears to adhere better. I'm wondering if newer dolls are just a better tpe blend or if oiling is necessary when you wash your ladies more often.

I occasionally run across these post about cleaning routines on dolls and I always seen contradictory posts about whether or not one should do it or how many times they should do it.

P.S. I also wear condoms for "naughty fun time" for easy clean-up purposes. As well, fun time only occurs a few times a year per doll, maybe. I tend to have more fun playing dress-up with my ladies, perhaps I am weird for that.

Anyways, this is just my experience. Perhaps, I'll think about running an experiment on this if anyone would be interested. Like oiling one doll periodically and another one my usual routine for maintenance to see a difference.

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

I occasionally run across these post about cleaning routines on dolls and I always seen contradictory posts about whether or not one should do it or how many times they should do it.
And again, this is one reason why people are getting confused.
The NW guide is safe for all TPE dolls
If people do not want to follow what I20 state, fine.
Like HF said, people were OVERDOING IT.

kojima

Post by kojima »

hollows+fentiman wrote:Yeah, sorry mate! I think the key here is not to go overboard with any oil treatment! You can have too much of a good thing too!

OK, TPE is made with aromatic hydrocarbons which are still locked into the material to give it its suppleness. The oils exude to the surface gradually which is what gives the ‘skin’ it’s smell and stickiness. These oils do evaporate gradually and the idea of the oil was to replenish them to maintain suppleness. If your lady is placed on dark sheets or even cardboard you will see this oil quite plainly after a fairly short time! The oils also interfere with the dyes in some clothing which is why staining occurs if you’re not careful!

Now, in my opinion, some dolls dry out faster than others - my two being examples! My Vivette is quite chunky and there’s no way she’s drying out anytime soon! Ashaki is skinny though and doesn’t have much ‘meat’ on her! I did notice her skin was quite dry at times so, yes, I have oiled her probably three times last year, the first being several months after her arrival.

What I am trying to say is that you need to keep your eye on things! Yes, it’s lovely to give her an oil bath occasionally (I’ve never needed to do Vivette btw) but don’t go mad with frequent treatment. Unless you think she is really dirty she shouldn’t need a bath or oiling for a couple of months at a time in my opinion. You can use wipes to clean bits of her and just keep her powdered enough so she doesn’t become ‘sticky’!

If you do use Vaseline or Nivea in the crotch area to keep that supple don’t do it blindly as a matter of routine. Look at the area and feel it! Check what is happening and STOP if you think it’s becoming too soft there!

On another note, I used to use Vaseline to put the insert in but I have now gone back to powder for a while! This is the thing about maintenance, it’s an ongoing thing but it’s not like a car! If it doesn’t need it don’t do it just because you think it’s part of the routine!

This is an emotive subject so I’m sure there’ll be others with their opinions too! If you’re a new doll owner though she should not need anything for a while apart from powder! Don’t worry, you can use the oil, Vaseline or cream if you want but be sparing with it to start with until you know her better!

Cheers, Hollows.
I was actually sorta curious about some of these "signs" to look for. I know you don't want to wait until it's too late to oil the doll as the damage could already be done at that point, but there have to be some early signals to watch for. The same for the opposite end of the spectrum. What are some early signs of over-oiling? I haven't had Maaya a full month yet, but I cleaned her a few times after she arrived and gave her a full oil and Vaseline treatment out of the box. Since then, I've given her a couple Nivea treatments around the joints

And while we're on the topic of treatments, I've given her a few powderings as well. I notice that, in order to give her skin a truly smooth feel, I have to put quite a lot of powder on her, and it comes off on everything. But after a while, her skin starts to "grip" my fingers when I brush over her. It's not tacky or sticky, but a little like brushing against a soft rubber grippy pad. Is this a normal feeling or should I be adding more powder? I guess I just worry a lot about her, and have concerns about causing abrasions just from handling her or caressing her skin. Any advice from more experienced owners in any of these areas would be appreciated!
Currently boarding:
青山真綾 (Maaya Aoyama) ::WM 153 #85::

Maaya's Doll Album

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

kojima, what you’re experiencing is perfectly normal!

If you’ve bathed your lady you will know that she doesn’t feel smooth afterwards. My two feel very different after a bath. Ashaki is a WM and she doesn’t get ‘tacky’ but her skin does need powder to make it smooth. The trouble is, she’s black so the powder has to be worked in to avoid streaks! I put her on her blanket and use quite a lot of powder and work it all over her with the largest soft makeup brush I could find! Yes, a lot of powder falls onto the blanket but once I’ve finished there’s no surplus that comes off on the bedsheets!

Vivette is different. She was a 2016 Vivid Doll and no longer made but her skin is quite tacky after a bath. I recently had a staining disaster with her and she lay in the sitting room after trying to wash the stains in a bath. She was there for over a week having treatment. When I went to pick her up afterwards for another bath to wash the remover off, her feet had almost stuck together! She definitely needs more powder than Ashaki to keep her smooth as her skin probably exudes more oils than Ashaki for the reasons I described earlier above.

Now, as with all that BCD has said above, moderation is the key but powder does have a drying effect and probably absorbs any of the oils naturally coming off as well. This is probably why Vivette needs far more powder than Ashaki to keep her skin as smooth. You don’t have to plaster it on so she looks like she’s been rolled in flour though! Use a brush to work it in and that should be enough. You will feel if she’s getting ‘tacky’ again and do another powdering if that’s the case. Once a week should be the maximum if she’s the oily type and she’s in action quite a lot! The areas you wipe with wipes can be done more frequently to replace what you’ve wiped off!

As for the oil/Vaseline/cream application, as I said, each Doll is different! If you spread her legs and arms a lot there are key areas that stretch a lot too - the crotch and underarms (and maybe knees and elbows). If your lady is of the drier type I would advise a little coating of cream or Vaseline there occasionally. Vivette doesn’t seem to need any but Ashaki does.

However, as I said, I was using too much on Ashaki because I used Vaseline as a lube and I did notice her vaginal lips were really soft and in places were almost crumbly and I panicked realising I had used too much! Fortunately, after leaving her untouched for a while she has firmed up again. Feel the texture of what’s down there now and remember what that feels like so if you’ve used Vaseline or cream/oil there you can feel if it is getting softer over time. STOP using anything for a while if you feel it is softer!

If you’ve oiled her, the skin has absorbed the oil and is working it’s way into the TPE but it is also evaporating from the surface just like the hydrocarbons. This maybe the reason why you now have to powder her more often than you think! To be honest, in my opinion you don’t need to Oil a new doll at all for a few months. The evaporation of the oils is a very slow process. If you leave a bit of babyoil on your skin it does feel, well, oily for a while but eventually gets absorbed into your skin. If a bit of that oil is left on a hard surface it can stay there for weeks! You can smell it (evaporation) but it won’t go away or dry out for months and months! I’ve got a piece of glass I leave the bottle on and even if I wipe the surface you can see the oil on it all the time!

The reason for ‘replenishing’ the oils is just that! You shouldn’t need to do it that often which is why, even though Ashaki is of the drier type, I have only oiled her three times in the last year. I don’t think I’ll ever need to do Vivette. The skin of a doll can get ‘friction burns’ in places and feel rougher and almost bobbly. It tends to be on the thighs where you’ve been or on the nipples where the sheets get dragged across. Where you know you’re rubbing on her use more powder rather than oil! There’s not a lot you can do about the nipples though so after a session (if you like her nude) put a top on her particularly if you move around a lot in your sleep! That might avoid nipple rubbing when you don’t want it!

Friction burns or scuffs can be sorted but it’s a very delicate job using heat and I wouldn’t recommend trying it unless you think you have the skills. I haven’t tried on Ashaki even though she now has a few and I also have a hot air soldering station. You can make it worse rather than better! So, try to avoid them in the first place and powder those areas more where you move on her!

I hope that helps! One thing to remember here is that we’re all learning how to look after our ladies properly as we have such an attachment to them and not because they cost a lot! This is why the whole oiling suggestion came about. Yes, it is a bit of trial and error way of doing things but when a member spots something we try to pass it on. There are many members who say they’ve done nothing to their ladies for years apart from washing and powdering!

Cheers, Hollows.

Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
Yi nu de & Yong DS100

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

Adventurer wrote:
Mongoose wrote:Hi,

Will Nivea suffice?

Unfortunately [for me] I can't stand the odor of baby oil or baby powder
(makes me sick).

Thanks much.

Just use pure mineral oil and corn starch. No smell and works even better than baby oil and baby powder I understand. Plus you can scent the cornstarch with a few sprays of perfume right into the container, which is amazing...
I was wondering how to put some scent to cornstarch... thank you I'll give that a go!!

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

Panther68 wrote:Your fine. What hollows+fentiman is trying to say is some people think if once a month is fine that every week or day must be better. I got Anastasia 4 months ago and have not oiled her for 2 months now. I put her through a lot of wear and tear. Not from the sex part, but from the everyday outdoor photo shoots. The constant wardrobe changes, lifting in and out of the car, constant posing. Not to mention, all the outdoor elements of dust,dirt,exhaust. She is fine, though I will clean, oil and powder her this coming week. Gotta pamper her every once in a while.

To sum it up. JUST DON"T over do it. These dolls don't come with instruction manuals, so all of us are learning as we go.
No manuals? for all the big bucks we pay? I got a manual with mine. It was basic common sense stuff, but no real care instructions. Again with all the bucks paid, what are the research and development teams at the manufacturers doing with their time?? lol :) But too much of anything is never too good or healthy :)

40yearoldvirgin
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by 40yearoldvirgin »

Thanks to Indigo for such valuable information. I have followed it to the letter since acquiring a TPE doll a year ago and the condition of the TPE is excellent. Additionally, I think the scented baby oil (mineral oil) helps to infuse the TPE with a fragrance that helps to offset that awful TPE smell. Whether it is from that or just time, the TPE smell is basically gone from my doll now.

aevesti
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by aevesti »

Thanks for those detailled instructions, helped a lot :thumbs_up:

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

Another thing not mentioned. It may be nothing. however.
Do you sweat when having sex? :) Depends on how good the lady is and how much she pushes ya!! C'mon boy... c'mon do it!!. lol
Our sweat is salty. Isn't salt not good for many things? Could have adverse effects on TPE. All that messy chemistry goin' on down there :)
Another thing I learned. I bought a car from a guy one time, He said he used Vaseline on the door rubbers, etc. They did split and eventually leaked. Made the rubber too soft, and it eventually failed.

I bought some 3M silicone paste for doing brake caliper sliders etc. On my car all the grill plastic was all a white chalky residue. Maybe from the sun, car washes etc. Thought I'd put some on the black plastic. Buffed with a 400 grit scrubber pad. Got the chalky crap off, rubbed in this 3M stuff and left it. It still looks great.
That was about 6 months ago.
I know compositions differ with plastics, polymers rubbers etc. I'll not be using 3M paste on my girl but just thought I'd mention a couple things.
Namely sweaty and salty.... too much vaseline bad for any rubbers or plastics....

INFORMATIONS