Starpery.com

MIRACLE STAIN REMOVER FOR TPE - so simple, easy and cheap!

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Dollyman25442
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: MIRACLE STAIN REMOVER FOR TPE - so simple, easy and chea

Post by Dollyman25442 »

Fireball wrote:
Dollyman25442 wrote:Toothpaste remedy=zero. Acne cream=SCORE!
Yes, I knew that.
Thats why I posted info about 10% benzoyl peroxide, a few posts above.
This helped me many times.
Toothapse is in most cases just waste of time.
Truth.

Indigo20
Former Member

Post by Indigo20 »

!!! PLEASE DO NOT USE BPO FOR STAIN REMOVING ON TPE DOLLS !!!

Benzoyl peroxide (BPO) is harming the TPE structure in depth and it can do an out bleaching to the skin tone !

That is also given because of the situation that BPO has a molecular structure of 2 benzene rings combined with 4 oxygen atoms.
BPO.jpg
BPO.jpg (6.7 KiB) Viewed 3568 times
Benzene is the basis of all aromatic hydrocarbons, like toluene (methylbenzene), iso-, o-, m-, p-xylene (dimethylbenzene), ethylbenzene, styrene, etc.
All aromatic hydrocarbons are dissolving all TPE blends used for making TPE dolls.

Benzoyl peroxide is used as a radical initiator to induce polymerizations.
That sentence is from wikipedia, and just by reading this information it is clear that it should not be used with TPE in general.
I don't understand why this simple investigation of checking chemical ingredients of a product has not taken place.
That is like "first shooting" and "asking later".

And I cannot understand how this recommendation is made and why it is given in general for TPE.

Experiments and testings are necessary, but please do it right.
Understand why an effect is given, and be able to explain why this effect takes place.
Make long term tests checking if it harms, and if it has an harming effect, understand why there is that harming effect.

It is not correct to provide recommendations quickly because there happened a nice effect.
And be aware, you are responsible for your recommendation.

And please learn not to throw TPE in general in the same pot.
We have different TPE blends from the manufacturers and they are all different in characteristics, chemical resistance, etc.

Fireball
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Fireball »

Indigo20 wrote:Benzoyl peroxide (BPO) is harming the TPE structure in depth and it can do an out bleaching to the skin tone !
Thank's for your really expert and detailed info.
Yes, I must confirm, that often use BPO will discolor colored areas as niples, lips etc, when applied directly to these parts.
Im using it frequently more than a year (let's take it as a test period) with no influence to the Jinsan TPE material itself.
That is just and only my subjective opinion and experience.

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

Yes, please do this at your own risk.
It is your choice ,but if things go bad ( I am not saying they will), you agree to hold the people who suggested the method harmless, fair enough?
Best,
Jeff and the BCD Girls
http://dolldesire.com/
. One vendor name kept coming up as being great at helping customers walk through the process, Booty Call Dolls. So I decided I would work with them on this first purchase, and did.
-princeoverit
You could not of found a better person to help you with your first doll. Jeff /Booty call dolls, knows his stuff... One of the few members that is a vendor and a real lover of dolls. He owns quite a few dolls, and really understands the love we all share.
-Just in time

Fireball
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Fireball »

Booty Call Dolls wrote:Yes, please do this at your own risk.
It is your choice ,but if things go bad ( I am not saying they will), you agree to hold the people who suggested the method harmless, fair enough?
Best,
Jeff and the BCD Girls
I think, that more than one year of high usage in my harem (all Jinsan) is enough time to see the results and it's possible negative influence.
Or not?
I also think, and Im sure, you will agree, that user's health is much more important than doll's health. There were/are many stain remover ideas, inlcuding some
products with unknown composition, mostly missing FDA certificates etc., issued by corresponding official authorities.
In this matter are toothapaste and acne cream far above them, like real queen and king of stain removers :D

itvman

Post by itvman »

Fireball wrote:Im using for long time, with great success, benzoyl preoxide (as a paste), usually used for acne treatment.
Just wanted to say THANK YOU. I had stockings on my doll's legs for a couple of weeks and when I took them off she had these horrible deep red blotches all over her lower legs like bruises which I recognised instantly as mold becasue of their shape. The soles of her feet looked terrible and I felt really gutted. I wiped her down with white vinegar and let her dry off to kill the mold but that still left the ugly stains all over her legs. Then I remembered your post and bought a tube of 10% benzoyl peroxide acne cream and rubbed that on the soles of her feet to see if it would work (I don't really see the soles of her feet much so I figured it could not make matters any worse). Then I left her for half an hour and when I came back, still depressed, I couldn't believe how much the stains had faded. These were deep stains! I put more on and now about an hour later the stains have all vanished. Truly miraculous. I've used other stain removers before but this stuff is IT.

I know that along with white vinegar, hydrogen peroxide is one of only two things that will kill mold on porous surfaces like tpe. So benzoyl peroxide must be just as efficient if not more because it penetrates deeper and contains more oxygen. So you've given me a great way of not only removing mold but the stains it causes. And it's really cheap and easy to find! Thanks!

I'll give her another application tomorrow and let her dry off and then oil her in case the cream dries her out at all.

Btw my doll is a WM doll.

JLSTheRat
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by JLSTheRat »

I know what you mean of been disappoint on TPE dolls, mine she start to get some darn spots on the leg, and shoulder,
for a moment I though was some fabrication issue, even my doll has Tan color skin

but I gonna try that cheap way to clean up those spots,

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by timetraveler1 »

i find this fascinating about using toothpaste to remove stain spots , i am wondering if anyone has a long test on tanned tpe skin of toothpaste to see if it will actually lighten the tanned tpe skin it's self .

in another words could this work to lighten certain area's of tpe skin bikini and BRA AREA TO CREATE TAN LINES .

MX-V
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by MX-V »

Thank you, I will try this out. I saw previous posts of paint thinner and knew it would melt the tpe. I also will try baking soda and peroxide on their own and if needed, use the toothpaste. I am a new owner and forgot about the dark clothing. A black string bikini did a number on her and again even after washing the bikini. White is going to be the next, or she will always be nekkid...
I love the smell of TPE in the morning...

kklouzal

Post by kklouzal »

This sounds like a great, if not the best, solution to removing stains. That being said I personally would find it hard to apply any chemicals to my TPE dolls. If you're upset about some stains on your doll then I have a feeling that you're going to be much more upset if you find out the areas you applied these chemicals to are the first ones to start deteriorating as the doll ages.

I would like to see someone gather up test samples of TPE from various manufacturers and completely submerge them in these chemicals taking a photo every 24 hours to document the effect. For science!

Garvdart1977

Post by Garvdart1977 »

baby oil works wonders as well,

dbenzguy
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by dbenzguy »

Fireball wrote:Im using for long time, with great success, benzoyl preoxide (as a paste), usually used for acne treatment. Maximum concentration for inofficial market is 10%. Higher concentration can prescribe your doc. I think the miracle does the combination with these two chemicals - benzoyl is responsible for deep surface penetration, peroxide bleaches. Also the overnight effect is similar. I find this out as a very cheap substitution for original TPE stain remover, with 99% identical result...
Look here
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dr-Song-10-Ben ... 2504299767 or
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Perrigo-10-Per ... 2784118681
etc.
The usage is similar to original TPE stain remover:
Clean and dry surface, apply overnight (a bit of massage recomended), clean and dry, powder. If needed, repeat the procedure.
All my dolls have natural skin color. No discoloration.
And also important info: these materials are determined for human usage, mostly face, so no need to bee afraid...
Fireball, you are awesome!!

The Dr Song stuff works so well, I'm wanting to buy all kinds of dark clothes now! :D

I've been fighting stains since getting into the hobby and while other methods have worked, they required way more patience and effort.

And yes... I hold you harmless to any damage. Being able to use the doll without freaking out over the weeks of effort to remove stains is worth the risk.

Thanks so much for the tip!

chengsta
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by chengsta »

wow, the acme cream worked so well within a few hours! just apply once and all the stains were gone! But I have heard about it being dangerous to your TPE. So I only put the cream on my TPE inserts that I chopped up to test clothes with. Now they're all reusable and I don't gotta buy more to test clothes with.

Rock13
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Rock13 »

The key ingredient is the peroxide. It hadn't occurred to me that toothpastes contained a sufficient amount to reduce TPE stains, but I may give it a whirl someday. I've had good results using 0.10% Benzoyl Peroxide cream intended for acne. I typically rub in just enough to cover the stain and leave it overnight and then clean off any dry residue with a wet cloth. Very dark stains sometimes require a second application.
Hadleigh is a fair-skinned WM163C/#188, Harper (#124) is a medium toned WM164D, Kendall is a fair-skinned 163C/#398. All via RLSD.

Link to Hadleigh's photo thread

Link to Harper's photo thread

Link to Kendall's photo thread

Link to the H2K Ranch

dollhugger
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by dollhugger »

Thank you for the find ,,, in the future when you order any dress stockings etc ,,, if you buy cheap ones ... go to the sink start the hot watter and try to scrub whatever you have to see it they added cheap quality paint you will see water will colorize quick if they did if its quality paint the water should come Clear..and the bad ones you can still use them just leave them in a bowl off hot watter after a while change the water . Repeat the process untill you see the water Clear ... Thx

INFORMATIONS