Starpery.com

Care and maintenance of TPE

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
DeltaTengo
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Care and maintenance of TPE

Post by DeltaTengo »

Its Sanhui's 168cm Elven Lorelei.

Raam401
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Raam401 »

I've ran into an issue regarding the maintenance of the material of the dolls. Right now, I don't have to worry because I live in a region with a moderate climate, but I've got an issue ; an issue that looks like that.

My problem is that I'm going to move soon to Greece, where I'm negotiating to buy a house. Due to all of the horror stories I could read there about girls developing "skin issues", having their clothes' color stain them or shriveling up, I have some questions to ask to members living in warm countries : how can I ensure that a doll (a high end TPE one, I haven't chosen yet) would stay in a good condition even during very hot summers? I can't keep her all of the time under the A/C, so I'll need a way to store her in a way that won't damage her. What would you recommend?

I thought about having her in a closet on the inside, preferably in a room that isn't directed towards the sun, and that I'd ventilate often. Are there other things I should pay attention to? Little survival tricks for dolls, anything? Thanks in advance!

siliconelover
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconelover »

DeltaTengo wrote:Hi everyone,
I just ordered a new doll, and have been doing some reading to prepare myself. The doll will be made of platinum silicone, but I'm having some trouble finding a thread as informative about that material as this one. Does anyone have any tips or links to help?
Regards,
Tengo
The beauty of Platinum cured silicone is that there is nothing to really do. No maintenance. Wash with soap and water. Powder if you desire. That's it 8)
SEX, DOLLS and ROCK & ROLL

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

Believe it or not, here in the UK this became a bit of an issue during the heat wave we experienced during the summer. I currently have 8 tpe gals, the oldest being 2 years old and aside from the usual, expected issues I hadn't had any significant problems prior to the prolonged warmer weather during June and July. What I did find with a couple of my gals that where I hadn't been diligent and ensured that they were in a neutral, relaxed position, they formed some small tears on elbows and wrists. These were easily missed by a quick look and only became noticeable when moving limbs etc. It hadn't happened the year before but certainly here in Suffolk we were getting to 35c for several weeks this summer, so I'm guessing this is not too far off what you could expect to experience. It's always advisable to ensure that any tpe gal is left in a neutral position (as she was in the mould) when not being used but I had become a little over confident and so was caught out this summer. Luckily the small tears on my 2 gals were easily fixed with a hot air rework station but I learned a lesson. So in a hot climate a tpe gal will loose oil quicker so I would think the application of baby oil becomes more crucial (normally i would only do this around every 3 months but with my older gals I will increase the frequency during the summer). Also it's particularly important not to leave any limbs in a position of tension and I would imagine keeping her standing would be best too. Clothing shouldn't be too tight otherwise compression marks will appear easier in a warm climate and due diligence should be paid to any clothing that could stain. Obviously she should also be kept in the coolest part of the house and out of direct sunlight. Where I got caught out with one of my gals was during the heatwave she was getting quite warm where I had her standing but once I moved her to a cooler part of the house all was well. Obviously there are folk with tpe gals in hotter parts of the world then here and must have more experience of this so it's clearly doable. Hope that helps

WieghtedBell
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by WieghtedBell »

Woohoo second post! So far this is mostly what I've gotten searching here and manufacturing tips.
Corn starch baby powder, super soft makeup brush for applying,
anti bacterial soap, microfiber cloth for cleaning
Baby oil for once a month, and Nivea for once a month to keep certain areas elastic and factory new.
Mini battery powered fan for drying, with soft straws to keep areas open.

Am I missing anything? Shes pretty much going to live on my couch it's long enough for her to lay flat, I bought her for cuddling on my couch through the winter.

I dont want to leave her laying flat on my couch naked all the time, will she be ok living in a white sattin dress while she is laying flat?

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Slew »

Hi WieghtedBell, >> Welcome <<

Pretty fair info you've taken in, although I'd relax about all the oil and Nivea. That stuff is really not necessary when a doll is new, she's got her own oils to last a while. After a few months when you start to notice she's not as supple, you could start to oil her every couple of months or so, and maybe an occasional petroleum rub on high traffic areas. Don't overdo it. Too much can cause the rubber to corrode. Any plain dish soap is fine, anti-bacterial soap is really overrated, an unnecessary gimmick product that does more harm than good. Don't hesitate to apply corn starch with your bare hands, and massage it in. 8)

White satin is a doll's best friend.

The rest you'll live and learn. Have fun. :thumbs_up:

WieghtedBell
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by WieghtedBell »

So far so good, I may be over doing it on the baby powder, for clothing I've been soaking new clothes for 24 hours in 1/3 bleach and 2/3 water. Then wash and dry them. Since she always has white socks on when not in storage. I test the treated clothing on her feet overnight. Shes been wearing dark red sweatshirt for about 6 hours and it hasn't bled so far, is this the correct way to treat clothing? I have a dark blue dress for her coming in the mail and I dont want to turn her into a smurf lol

13zulu
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by 13zulu »

About the mold issue that some of you are having. Has anyone tried to use a ultraviolet sterilizer light bulb to kill the mold? I have what is called a UV ultraviolet sterilizer in my fish Aquarium and they are for killing and Controlling bacteria and mold and it will clear the entire 60 gallon aquarium in about three days just wondering if you were to spread open her vagina and expose the you be ultraviolet sterilizer light to the inside if that would kill it and prevent the mold from spreading and save your doll. Just food for thought I know I will definitely try it if I ever have mold issues with my doll because I see how well it works in my Fishtank when mold and algae get out-of-control .

kanna
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by kanna »

13zulu wrote:About the mold issue that some of you are having. Has anyone tried to use a ultraviolet sterilizer light bulb to kill the mold? I have what is called a UV ultraviolet sterilizer in my fish Aquarium and they are for killing and Controlling bacteria and mold and it will clear the entire 60 gallon aquarium in about three days just wondering if you were to spread open her vagina and expose the you be ultraviolet sterilizer light to the inside if that would kill it and prevent the mold from spreading and save your doll. Just food for thought I know I will definitely try it if I ever have mold issues with my doll because I see how well it works in my Fishtank when mold and algae get out-of-control .
I have a faint recollection of reading somewhere that a properly done ultraviolet sterilization is the only way to be sure that a TPE doll is completely sterilized. Might have been this forum, or another forum or even some vendor page that sells TPE dolls.
Dolls:
Kanna / 叶愛 - Dollhouse 168 EVO-156 + Sasa Head
Asami / 朝瑞 - Piperdoll PI-150/B Akira
Ibuki / 気吹 - Xycolo XCOS-153/LB + Mumu head
Elena / 恵恋愛 - Tayu 148D + Naimei head
Uzuna / 愛絆 - Real Girl 158C + R25 head
Kirara / 希羅良 - DH168 80cm anime doll (silicone)

13zulu
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by 13zulu »

[quote="kanna"][quote="13zulu"]About the mold issue that some of you are having. Has anyone tried to use a ultraviolet sterilizer light bulb to kill the mold? I have what is called a UV ultraviolet sterilizer in my fish Aquarium and they are for killing and Controlling bacteria and mold and it will clear the entire 60 gallon aquarium in about three days just wondering if you were to spread open her vagina and expose the you be ultraviolet sterilizer light to the inside if that would kill it and prevent the mold from spreading and save your doll. Just food for thought I know I will definitely try it if I ever have mold issues with my doll because I see how well it works in my Fishtank when mold and algae get out-of-control .[/quote]

I have a faint recollection of reading somewhere that a properly done ultraviolet sterilization is the only way to be sure that a TPE doll is completely sterilized. Might have been this forum, or another forum or even some vendor page that sells TPE dolls.[/quote]

All I can say is that in my fish aquarium it can get so bad without the sterilizer you can’t even see the back of the tank hardly any in three days all the mold and algae is gone and if it works that well in the tank I can only imagine if you were to leave the light on I bet it would kill all of the mold inside your dog and prevent it from spreading I read that entire 14 page post here and no one mentioned ultraviolet light I just thought I would put that out there. And ultraviolet sterilizer like what I use in the fish tank is only around $30 and could possibly save a $2000 doll . A guy could probably even use one like this called a household sterilizer. Then just put it underneath and spread the vagina opening open about 2 inches so that the light can shine up in there that would probably do the trick!
Attachments
E76A0274-BEA5-44BC-B39A-47AEA02FA1FA.png
E76A0274-BEA5-44BC-B39A-47AEA02FA1FA.png (6.18 MiB) Viewed 3749 times

Fantastic Plastic
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Fantastic Plastic »

I have a 7 Watt aquarium sterilization lamp that is perfect for this.
Just don’t break the glass while it’s inside! 8O
Haven’t used it in a while, but did test it and it didn’t overheat, actually brought it to a perfect temperature.
F85648D4-8530-48CE-B5EC-EE84BF3D6A73.jpeg
F85648D4-8530-48CE-B5EC-EE84BF3D6A73.jpeg (1.39 MiB) Viewed 3744 times
As for cleaning the doll, I never put the doll in the shower or tub. And I never use any soap either.
I just massage mineral oil on her, then using a warm damp washcloth I wipe repeatedly in one direction until the goo balls form and then I pick them off. Repeat until doll is clean.
After this the doll will be as sticky as freshly chewed bubblegum, so powdering is definitely in order.
I do use dish soap, but only to clean the washcloth from those greasy dust and powder bunnies.

snebo14
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by snebo14 »

Fantastic Plastic wrote:I have a 7 Watt aquarium sterilization lamp that is perfect for this.
Just don’t break the glass while it’s inside! 8O
Haven’t used it in a while, but did test it and it didn’t overheat, actually brought it to a perfect temperature.
F85648D4-8530-48CE-B5EC-EE84BF3D6A73.jpeg
As for cleaning the doll, I never put the doll in the shower or tub. And I never use any soap either.
I just massage mineral oil on her, then using a warm damp washcloth I wipe repeatedly in one direction until the goo balls form and then I pick them off. Repeat until doll is clean.
After this the doll will be as sticky as freshly chewed bubblegum, so powdering is definitely in order.
I do use dish soap, but only to clean the washcloth from those greasy dust and powder bunnies.
Do you have a link for that? Really interested in sterilizing the inside of my doll. Thanks.

Rider77

Post by Rider77 »

snebo14 wrote:
Do you have a link for that? Really interested in sterilizing the inside of my doll. Thanks.
https://www.amazon.com/Ritioner-Sterili ... 189&sr=8-8

This appears to be the same one, I assume the plastic cap at the bottom just pops off.

cyclist

Post by cyclist »

Raam401 wrote:I've ran into an issue regarding the maintenance of the material of the dolls. Right now, I don't have to worry because I live in a region with a moderate climate, but I've got an issue ; an issue that looks like that.

https://tranio.com/greece/adt/1071729/

My problem is that I'm going to move soon to Greece, where I'm negotiating to buy a house.
I do not mean to derail this post but wholly mackeral Raam, I clicked on that link and that beautiful villa was listed for only 120,000 Euros. Did I miss something?? I may pack my bags and move to Greece.
“The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function.”
– F. Scott Fitzgerald

AllfatherLloyd

Post by AllfatherLloyd »

Ok so this is my first post here and i need some advice. I have finally bought my first doll this week and in the few days since, i have read a lot of stuff about maintaining a TPE doll. So i have compiled everything i have read on this forum and on various other sites, and i made a care plan that i will follow but i still have a few questions about it.

All of this will be done with her laying on a mattress with a towel on top of it.

Once a month i will wash her down with normal water to remove any cornstarch powder. Then i will apply baby oil (the one from johnson & johnson) to the whole front of her and wait for it to be absorbed so that i can flip her over and do the same on the back.

Every two weeks (which, in my case, is every twenty days since in my job, a whole weekly cycle takes ten days and not seven) i will wash her by mixing regular soap with water and filling a spray bottle with it. I will spray the whole front of her and wipe her with a soft sponge. Then i will dry her by padding along her body with a towel and then repeat the process on the other side.

Every week (or more often depending if it's necessary) i will apply cornstarch powder to her body with a makeup pad (you know, the ones that women use to put blush on their cheeks).

And also once a week i will put some Vaseline to high stress areas such as elbows, knees and so on.

No to the questions:

1. Do you think this is a good schedule or do you think i could improve on it? If so then please tell me what i could do better.

2. Is there a specific brand of cornstarch that you can recommend? (it would have to be one that i could buy from amazon) I can probably use any brand of cornstarch but i ask just in case because i have spent a lot of money on this and i really don't want to mess anything up.

3. How much cornstarch powder should i apply? I have something else that is made out of TPE but whenever i put the powder on it, the next time i do something with it, my hands feel a little chalky from touching the thing and getting the powder on my hands. Maybe i just put to much on it but it would be really annoying to cuddle with my doll at night and have the powder all over myself when i wake up. But i don't want to apply too little either so how do i know that i applied enough. I have heard someone say that, after applying the powder i should use a soft makeup brush to go over her entire body because that pushes the powder into the TPE pores or something like that. I can imagine that this would take quite a while so i would like to know if this actually helps.

Thanks im advance to everyone who replies to this.

INFORMATIONS