Starpery.com

How To Remove TPE Stains in less than 10 seconds

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
mi6c
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: How To Remove TPE Stains in less than 10 seconds

Post by mi6c »

Excuse me for a small interrupt here.

I appreciate the knowledge of this method and its great results, BUT, please make sure you do the cleaning in a well ventilated area and to not expose yourself more than absolutely necessary to the stuff.
It being odorless is convenient, but it just cancels out the warning mechanism, it does not make the stuff any less dangerous.
So again - use it, but take care in doing so.

Kind regards.
優月( Yuzuki) - Orient Industry Koyuki head / Silicone Art Super Styling(SS) body
艶( Tsuya) - Orient Industry Izumi head on Jewel Real Taste 146(L) body
Tinúviel - EXDOLL Samantha head on Orient Industry Jewel Candy Girl( Jewel 2) body
Yuzuki, Tsuya & friends

bootylover24
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by bootylover24 »

OMS are banned here in California. Just found out today, they have been banned since December of 13. I got a gallon of that Painter Solivent, it doesn't say odorless over hear. Stuff dries quick. I did the same thing with the toilet paper, I'm still doing it but it looks like its no good.

I got some barely visible black stains with a TPE test piece, thought it would come off easy. How did you guys use the cotton swabs? I have some painter thinner, I really want to try it because I'm desperate to get these stains out of my silicone doll. What to do you guys think about that?

LukasB
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by LukasB »

sapman24 wrote:OMS are banned here in California. Just found out today, they have been banned since December of 13
ummmmmmmm no.......

I went to orchard supply here in california and bought klean-strip OMS for $7

OMS is not "banned" in california

bootylover24
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by bootylover24 »

LukasB wrote: ummmmmmmm no.......

Really? That's what I read online, I went to 1 ace hardware, harber fright, then to homedepot. They all told me they didn't carry the stuff, and in homedepot, they told me their stores don't sell miniral spirits in California, and they can't have it shipped in. In all the aisles, nothing had the word mineral spirits on it. Just say solvent.

I was planning drive to Las Vegas next weekend to pick some up.
I googled mineral spirits in California, and read banned. Did I miss something?

tonkinfan
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by tonkinfan »

has anyone tried sol-u-mel or any other melaleuca products? I haven't experienced staining at this time, but I've used sol-u-mel to get permanent marker off of a polaroid picture and it worked. Well that isn't porous though. Just curious.

LukasB
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by LukasB »

sapman24 wrote:
LukasB wrote: ummmmmmmm no.......

Really? That's what I read online, I went to 1 ace hardware, harber fright, then to homedepot. They all told me they didn't carry the stuff, and in homedepot, they told me their stores don't sell miniral spirits in California, and they can't have it shipped in. In all the aisles, nothing had the word mineral spirits on it. Just say solvent.

I was planning drive to Las Vegas next weekend to pick some up.
I googled mineral spirits in California, and read banned. Did I miss something?
wow, that is seriously so weird. i looked on googled and read some things.
then i saw on the home depot site it states "Product can ship nationwide except for the state of California"
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Klean-Strip- ... /100677235

I'm in the bay area. I literally walked into orchard supply last week and bought that EXACT product. 1qt klean-strip Oderless mineral spirit

bootylover24
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by bootylover24 »

="LukasBwow, that is seriously so weird. i looked on googled and read some things.
then i saw on the home depot site it states "Product can ship nationwide except for the state of California"
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Klean-Strip- ... /100677235

I'm in the bay area. I literally walked into orchard supply last week and bought that EXACT product. 1qt klean-strip Oderless mineral spirit
Ya, I remember buying miniral spirits just a few months ago. I just picked the stuff up for cleaning brushes, didn't think much of it.

I did a test piece on my silicone carly with Painters Solvent, and the industrial strength paint thinner that I got in Las Vegas. It didn't seem to do much, the crap just evaporates from the toilet paper very fast. I'm still trying to figure out if I can get the stuff anywhere locally. If not, its off to sin city.

digitaldavid

Post by digitaldavid »

sapman24 wrote:OMS are banned here in California. Just found out today, they have been banned since December of 13. I got a gallon of that Painter Solivent, it doesn't say odorless over hear. Stuff dries quick. I did the same thing with the toilet paper, I'm still doing it but it looks like its no good.

I got some barely visible black stains with a TPE test piece, thought it would come off easy. How did you guys use the cotton swabs? I have some painter thinner, I really want to try it because I'm desperate to get these stains out of my silicone doll. What to do you guys think about that?
Use this instead..

http://www.kleanstrip.com/product/odorl ... rs-solvent

It basically does the same thing.. with the same result. If you can't find any OMS in your CA Home Depot or Lowes, just head over to Hobby Lobby or Michaels.. They sell them there, but it's a bit more expensive

bootylover24
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by bootylover24 »

quote]

Use this instead..

http://www.kleanstrip.com/product/odorl ... rs-solvent

It basically does the same thing.. with the same result. If you can't find any OMS in your CA Home Depot or Lowes, just head over to Hobby Lobby or Michaels.. They sell them there, but it's a bit more expensive[/quote]

Are you saying I can get OMS at Michaels over here?

I got that painters solvent. Not the odorless one though. I think its a different formula from regular mineral spirits. I read that it melts cured latex, and smells different. I also can use mineral spirits to add to silicone I think. Need to test this painter solvent.

Lucas said the stuff he used stayed saturated in toilet paper for a few hours. Mine evaporated within a few minutes.

digitaldavid

Post by digitaldavid »

sapman24 wrote:quote]

Are you saying I can get OMS at Michaels over here?

I got that painters solvent. Not the odorless one though. I think its a different formula from regular mineral spirits. I read that it melts cured latex, and smells different. I also can use mineral spirits to add to silicone I think. Need to test this painter solvent.

Lucas said the stuff he used stayed saturated in toilet paper for a few hours. Mine evaporated within a few minutes.

I've used it both for cleaning paintbrushes and for thinning down silicone paint on my airbrushing machine. It doesn't evaporate so easily. I've had small amounts laying around in a small cup for weeks. Not sure what it does with latex, as I only have experience working with silicone and TPE. I live in CA, and yes they sell OMS at both Hobby Lobby and Michaels. I just bought a bottle there last week.

bootylover24
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by bootylover24 »

I got my hands on some paint thinner, mineral spirits.

I got some of the TPE stain remover from 1am. Stuff smells like a medical ointment. I used it one a test TPE, that had stain form black clothes. It removed it in 3 days. I only applied very little, tip of finger, and rubbed it in like an ointment.

After 3 applications, it looked gone. After sitting there without applying anything again, it had its skin tone again.

I have this deep stian on my Fuck me Silly. Will test on that.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

This was used on a silicon doll I recieved I can't get it out.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

bootylover24
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by bootylover24 »

The stuff was low oder mineral spirits. As I understand silicone is none porous. It should go away.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

I have soaked her many times. It is taking forever to come out.
I am about to soak her again in very hot water to finish her off. All the stains have left except her heels
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

scooter_ca
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by scooter_ca »

Thanks digitaldavid for the tip about Odorless Mineral Spirits !!!

A couple days ago I did a photoshoot with Daria where she posed on a blanket in front of the fireplace.
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=68220
fireplace_thumb.jpg
fireplace_thumb.jpg (102.57 KiB) Viewed 5993 times
I had a fire going and prior to some shots I would throw some balled up newspaper in to get a big roaring fire effect.
After I finished, I turned on the lights and realized that balling up the newspaper had left my hands dirty with newspaper ink. When I looked at Daria she had big smudgy black hand prints on her stomach, back and legs !!!
I almost fainted. I quickly tried removing it with soap and water but that had zero effect.
Today I ran out and bought some odorless mineral spirits. I was actually surprised how odorless it was compared to regular paint thinner. I was all set to do the cleaning outside in the cold, but instead opted for a well ventilated basement. I started with q-tips, but that was not going to cut it. It was working but would have taken weeks. I ended up wiping her down with a cloth dipped in the mineral spirits. It cleaned up great and the ink was transfered to the cloth leaving her nice and pink. It even improved areas that I did not think were dirty. I would clean up a hand print and that area would look brighter and pinker that the area beside it. So I ended up giving her a wipe all over ( but avoiding panted areas like nipples and eyebrows).
I finished by soaping her down, rinsing, and then smothering her in baby powder cornstarch.

Thank you for the info. It saved the day.
With beautiful Daria and Giorgi.
Everything about Daria can be found in her NEW Photo Timeline: https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 1&t=117493
Everything about Giorgi can be found in her Photo Timeline: https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 64&t=96105
Doll Album: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14626

INFORMATIONS