Starpery.com

Care and Maintenance Tips

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Care and Maintenance Tips

Post by Arthur1960 »

Yes, you need to remove the lubricant on the femidoms first by rinsing them under tap and letting them dry, also the little ring inside the femidom can be removed as your gal won't be needing it.

dollguy22

Post by dollguy22 »

6uldv8 wrote:Here's a couple of tips i chucked together from my personal and online research :eek:

Wash your hands before play.
Always use a water based lube.
Never use Vaseline or oil based products for lube.
Never use solvents or strong chemicals to clean her.
To avoid messy and regular clean ups, use a condom.
Clean her love holes often to stop germs. You don't want a bladder infection. (This maybe just a Myth?)
If she's dirty gently use mild soapy water with a soft sponge or cloth to clean.
Don't rub too hard as it may split the skin.
According to the instructions for my rose doll, Soap, Shampoo, Bath Gel and Mild Detergents are ok to use on silicone.
Powder her once she is clean and air dried. A cool or warm electric fan (at a safe distance of course) will work well. Don't leave her by a bar heater or fire (for obvious reasons 8O).
Avoid tight clothing for extended periods, as it can cause creases.
Watch out for sharp things like jacket zips, long fingernails, jewellery etc. as they can damage the silicone.
Use Cornstarch or Talcum powder if she gets sticky.
Be gentle and move her limbs slowly.
Research the movement limitations of your doll.
Long gloves/mittens, long sock's and a fresh powder makes her a lot easier and safer to dress.
Be very careful of her fingers when moving, positioning or dressing.
For extended storage, keep her laying flat in the relaxed position on a soft colorless surface with no clothes on and powdered, preferably in the original shipping crate. This will reduce any chance of silicone damage, creasing, deformation and joint pressure.
Always wash new clothes just in case they stain her. Especially black and dark colors.
If she has finger wires, feel inside to make sure they are centered, if not then pull the finger tip a little, center the wire then release finger tip.
If she is heavy, bend your knees with your back straight and use your leg power to lift, don't use your back like a crane.
If warming a doll with an electric blanket, always use the lowest heat setting and check her often in case she creates a hotspot.
If you want to bath her (please check with manufacturer if your doll can be bathed) keep her neck and head out of the water.
If in the shower (also check with manufacturer) you should remove her head (don't wash her head in the shower) and put a plastic bag with a rubber band around the torso neck to stop water going into her spine.
Avoid direct sunlight on the skin for long periods as it may cause fading.
Silicone will last longer if kept in between 5 & 35 degrees Celsius.
Avoid dusty areas as silicone dolls are both sticky & electrostatic which will mean a lot more cleaning.
You may gently nibble, but don't bite her.
And most important, give her plenty of love and treat her like your Princess.

This is only to be used as a reference guide and is not 100% stone cold facts. Please feel free to circulate these tips to other doll lovers. 6uldv8

also Big thanks to TDF team for an awesome site :thumbs_up:

Bladder infections are a thing... long before I was even close to entering the world of dolls, I started to get sexually curious with more than just using my hands. I lived with strict Christian parents and my mom was always fond of checking on me so the only way I could get away with something was at night when they went to bed or if they were gone for a date night. I figured out the little sponge, glove rubber band trick and stuck it into the side of my mattess which is about the tightest damn doggy you will ever experience. I changed the gloves out and disposed of them, but one night I was really horny and had a morning, mid afternoon, and four night sessions without changing anything. I went to sleep and a few hours later I was pissing blood. I had damaged my urethra (only a little) from the weight of the mattress and it caused me to get a uti as well. So I spent two weeks pissing blood (hurts like a motherfucker), then pumpkin orange (that was just weird medicine) and drinking a fuck ton of apple juice. I have never had a problem with a doll, but I spent a year studying medicine and you should always urinate after any sex with a girl or doll or just masterbating. Peeing flushes the urethra out from any bacteria and the micro channels in TPE is like a interstate highway for bacteria to thrive in. I did a culture swab on a doll after I cleaned it throughly one time and all I have to say is "ignorance is bliss and the human body is amazing" there was ALOT of microbes, (none too dangerous, but still yuck)

TheBoondocks
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by TheBoondocks »

This is a great list. Thanks! What would be the best way to clean feet (doll with standing option) due to apartment carpet?

Zippy81
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Zippy81 »

Why Oil TPE.jpg

Zippy81
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Zippy81 »

TPE Staining mechanics.jpg

avante
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by avante »

These are really awesome Zip, and hot chick and the last one! :P
New in: IT 164+ the curves are real: viewtopic.php?p=2475683#p2475683
My doll experience : WM 158D tales & pics: viewtopic.php?f=215&t=85063&start=465

TheBoondocks
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by TheBoondocks »

Thanks Zip! I like the black leather in the last one.

Zippy81
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Zippy81 »

Thanks guys :D nothing new realy just thought I'd make some pics to kinda help people visually get what goes on etc. :p

master8
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by master8 »

6uldv8 wrote:

Never use Vaseline
So this isn't necessarily true, is it?

lilbitlonely
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by lilbitlonely »

Simple and effective.

I have one doll which doesn't have the standing feet option. This means that she's always sharing my bed with me, which is generally nice, but there are times when (having a small bed and a bad back) I just need the bed all to myself for a while. During these times, after leaving her sitting somewhere for just 2-3 days, I can already see where it has caused stress to her skin (where the skin folds/creases). However, I've found that if I smear some Vaseline along the area where the creases will form BEFORE sitting her down, I can safely leave her sitting for a week or more, with no noticeable stress in those areas after the fact.

:evidence: TPE dolls use different blends, so test this with your own doll(s) before just taking my word for it, but so far, it's been working like a charm for me. Of course, you may still have to deal with the (temporary) flat-butt syndrome for a couple of days afterwards (unless you sit her on a cushion?), but I really don't see that as a problem, since that generally sorts itself out just as quickly as it went flat.

I hope someone will find this useful.

shogun77
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by shogun77 »

As a new doll owner I cannot thank you enough for these tips. I am a little less nervous of doing some serious damage...

BrazilianBooty

Post by BrazilianBooty »

Hey all,
First-time doll user here and these might have been addressed before…
Anyway, this dirt, these small black dots keep showing up on my doll, what's the best way to clean that? It's really hard to come out.
Why do they keep coming back? I’m sure some of it might be coming out of my own body, but certainly not that much!
I’ve noticed it’s easier to “group” them if baby oil is used but what do you do after that?!?! I’ve used regular tape but am afraid it will damage the doll in the long term

THANKS
Attachments
IMG_9188c 2.jpg
IMG_9188c 2.jpg (1.89 MiB) Viewed 3198 times

The Messenger
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by The Messenger »

@BrazilianBooty
TPE gets tacky sometimes and can pick up dirt and dust like a magnet.
Looks like lint from a dark sheet or maybe a dark T shirt you wear?
or maybe her powder got dirty?
Nothing to worry too much about IMO.
Though it can be tricky to keep her spotless all the time.
Using baby oil helps but you don't want to use that too much.
Keeping her clean and powdered will reduce how tacky she gets.
Try a damp microfiber towel to see if that works to pick it up.
And keep her on light colored sheets and such.
Zenobia - WM163 H-cup - Eye Candy - 10 Week Journal
Mavia - D4E165 I-cup - Eye Candy
BFF!
Instagram

M_Yoroshii

Post by M_Yoroshii »

i got a pipe in on the loast one about TPE and spots...
because me and Tessa just dealt with a similar issue, Turned out my Air conditioner vents get tons of dust in them and it loves to go straight to my girl... one thing that helps is electrostatic dusting sheets draped over the vent to attract the dust...and an air cleaner in the room blowing away from where she's at.

something to consider checking.
here to make friends...so send me an add, and feel free to say hi.

Benriley

Post by Benriley »

I'm noticing plenty of flaking I guess, especially around the mouth. Ive used baby oil and let it set for hours, of course then I have to wipe it off and powder. I still get flakes. Dont know what I'm doing wrong, as a new owner ive seen so much conflicting advice. Are there any instructional videos or something that can set me straight? Thanks

INFORMATIONS