Starpery.com

TPE glue and baby oil questions

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
DollLyfe

TPE glue and baby oil questions

Post by DollLyfe »

I am going into repair/ maintenance mode for my doll. There are a couple of tears that I will be using TPE glue to repair. She slept in some red lingerie the other night which resulted in some staining on her body so I figured this may be a good time to give her an oil bath and hopefully remove some of the stains. I do have TPE stain remover if the baby oil doesn't work. My main question is what order should I perform this process? Should I use the glue first before the oil bath? Should I use the stain remover before the oil bath? I have her body suspended with a closet bar hook and I'm ready to take action! Please help with the correct process.
Alyson: 6YE Amor 162cm B-Cup #N13 viewtopic.php?f=87&t=119805
Veronica: 6YE Amor 162cm B-Cup #N68 https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 1&t=121630
Jennifer: Entity 153cm E-cup WM#85 head viewtopic.php?f=87&t=119363
Summer: SiliDoll 135cm https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 1#p1609591
Natsuki: SMDoll 149B #37 viewtopic.php?f=269&t=122576

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: TPE glue and baby oil questions

Post by Arthur1960 »

Hi there, personally I would be cautious about using the tpe 'glue'. Firstly it's not actually a glue but a solvent which melts the tpe but can be an effective method for sealing certain types of cuts in skilled hands. If you are unfamiliar with using it then you could cause more damage. With many types of cuts in tpe heat is often the best way forward and with that in mind it would be useful to search for the tpe repair thread in which Mishka demonstrates several different types of tpe repair. Your stain remover will probably take care of the lingerie staining although they should fade away in time anyway. Good luck.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

As Arthur says, TPE Glue, as it's sometimes called, is actually a solvent. It melts the edges of the TPE so very small cuts can be closed. It's not very good for larger tears or repairs to stress areas.

Light stains can sometimes be lessened with baby oil itself. I'd try that 1st, before using removers.

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

What is her make?
This can be importnat because what has worked well on WM ladies has made things far worse on SM dolls since not all TPE blends are the same.
And then you need to decide, ok, I want to bleach it in this one time or find a product that actually removes it or let time let it "fade away"
As far as cuts, all above is spot on. Now, the secret with the glue is minimum amounts on both sides of any small cut and normally there will be a "hard" scar on top, but if you treat the area around the cut with babyoil for 4 days then use the GLUE correctly, it will dry soft.
Love,
Hannah, The IT BCD Girl
Attachments
PIP.jpg
PIP.jpg (69.72 KiB) Viewed 1530 times

DollLyfe

Post by DollLyfe »

I'm very well aware that TPE glue is a solvent. Thank you for the responses. Booty Call Dolls, the make of the body is Entity (I know, knock off most likely). Just to clarify what you are suggesting, I should do the baby oil bath, wait 4 days, and then perform the TPE repair. Am I correct in understanding it that way?
Veronica: 6YE Amor 162cm B-Cup #N68 https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 1&t=121630

DollLyfe

Post by DollLyfe »

The main tear I'm concerned about repairing is on the neck.
Attachments
20190815_122337.jpg
20190815_122337.jpg (4.07 MiB) Viewed 1517 times
20190815_122354.jpg
20190815_122354.jpg (5.26 MiB) Viewed 1517 times

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

TPE solvent may just work for that if used very sparingly. Although were it me, I'd just leave it, as it's not an area under stress or even something that shows.

If that red area on her thigh is the stain you're talking about, I'd leave that as well. It will no doubt fade on it's own in time.

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

Hi again, with that split on the neck I would personally use a tiny amount of superglue on a cocktail stick, rub it inside the cut being careful not to let any get on the outer surface of the tpe. If it does then wipe off immediately otherwise it will leave a hard crust, although as it's the top of the neck that's not such an issue. I know some frown on using superglue with tpe and I would certainly keep it away from any lady parts repairs but for things like this it can work a treat. I use it all the time to repair tiny cuts, pin holes etc and after all the factory use it to attach the finger nails!

DollLyfe

Post by DollLyfe »

The split is more of an annoyance when installing and removing her head so that's why I want to repair it. The red mark is one of the stains left from the red lingerie. The others can be seen from the backside. I'll try the baby oil bath and see how that works.

Zebulon
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Zebulon »

DollLyfe wrote:The split is more of an annoyance when installing and removing her head so that's why I want to repair it. The red mark is one of the stains left from the red lingerie. The others can be seen from the backside. I'll try the baby oil bath and see how that works.
Is it a good idea to use baby oil in the tub to help condition the TPE material? On another note , my sheets have gotten this silicone oil on them. Do you think it will come out with laundry stain remover ?
Sonja, just a girl who likes it doggy style.
NWdoll fitness model
Bust 36
Waist 23
Hips 34

Aspiring muff diver

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Post by Anung Un Rama »

Zebulon wrote:
DollLyfe wrote:The split is more of an annoyance when installing and removing her head so that's why I want to repair it. The red mark is one of the stains left from the red lingerie. The others can be seen from the backside. I'll try the baby oil bath and see how that works.
Is it a good idea to use baby oil in the tub to help condition the TPE material? On another note , my sheets have gotten this silicone oil on them. Do you think it will come out with laundry stain remover ?

:D Welcome new TDF member Zebulon, here are some handy starters links for you too....

Newbies Welcome Page

Member Introductions

OK...so kinda confused, you mention silicone oil...did you mean tpe oils, as this is an important distinction between dollies, in terms of maintenance and repair.

Cheers Anung :thumbs_up:

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

Grimmiekins
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Grimmiekins »

think I would try the baking soda tooth paste on the stains first , it wont hurt her, leave it on over night, give her a bath the next day then oil her

DollLyfe

Post by DollLyfe »

Zebulon wrote:
This will be my first time doing a baby oil bath on my doll. I was going to do it on my bad with a plastic dropcloth and old towels to protect the sheets. I got the closet suspension kit last night and was able to get her setup with that so I'll do the bath with her in the standing position.

M_Yoroshii

Post by M_Yoroshii »

I'm going to chime in on the split and see if anyone else sees what i'm seeing.

That's not a split on tear, but a separation of what looks like a skinning layer over a TPE base layer.
as in they built the doll then they used a second layer as skin for her.

i had some silicone feet that i made doing that and they ended up doing similar after a few years around the tops
here to make friends...so send me an add, and feel free to say hi.

btasqan
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by btasqan »

Can I use nail glue intsteadof E glue to repair eyelashes?

INFORMATIONS