Starpery.com

Removing TPE Stains?

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
cfleischmann
Active Poster
Active Poster

Removing TPE Stains?

Post by cfleischmann »

Hi all:

So i got my doll, was so excited I wrapped my legs around her in excitement and found the dye from my blue jeans transferred! How to fix?
==
Carly F.:

Remember: “You’ll forget about the wait once you open up the crate” ~~Unknown~~

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Removing TPE Stains?

Post by Mr Franz »

Many threads on the subject (search in upper right corner), but most times, if not too deeply set, they go away on their own in a week or two. :wink:

Fantastic Plastic
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Fantastic Plastic »

If it was that quick try massaging some baby oil on the areas, it may just wash off.
If not, like Mr Franz says, it will fade over time.

Chuck Norris
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Chuck Norris »

Dye do not transfer that quickly. Unless you have never wash your jeans before...
I cannot tell you how to get rid of the stains on here since I got blasted for telling my way of doing it.

Technician
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Technician »

As stated there's a pretty good thread running. Maybe a mod could lock this thread before the discussion fragments?
A good washing and some mineral oil should do wonders to answer your question though. A new doll should get washed a few times during the honeymoon anyway. No scrubbing, be careful not to use anything abrasive and hurt the surface of the TPE, I use my palms or blot with a soft cloth.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=117063

Chuck Norris
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Chuck Norris »

That thread use a product that does not match well with some dolls products.
It will not be a sticky because of it

Technician
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Technician »

Chuck Norris wrote:That thread use a product that does not match well with some dolls products.
It will not be a sticky because of it
I agree, if a chemist says it's safe it's safe but as a rule introducing strange chemicals into something that is made of chemicals seems like a very bad idea. I don't even like the idea of baby oil with it's fragrance and whatnot realy. Nothing but straight mineral oil for mine.

Another thing to look at is expected lifespan though,if we're only expecting them to live a few years it's unlikely we would have a doll long enough to weather the effect of the long term exposure to certain things so who knows.

Grimmiekins
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Grimmiekins »

Chuck Norris wrote:Dye do not transfer that quickly. Unless you have never wash your jeans before...
I cannot tell you how to get rid of the stains on here since I got blasted for telling my way of doing it.
Dye does transfer that quickly. My friend bought a white with black pokadot and black trim on the edges dress at a thrift store. The dress was used and the thrift store washes all their clothes they get , he also washed the dress before putting it on her. He put the dress on her for 5 min just to see if it fit then was going to try some other clothes on her and the dress stained her

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Yup, the oils in the TPE can sometimes breakdown fabric dyes very quickly. Regardless of how many times an item's been washed. Always best to test before putting on something you're not sure of. I usually just stand my doll on questionable items for an hour or so. That way if it does stain I'll know and any color transfer will be confined to the bottom of the foot.

Chuck Norris
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Chuck Norris »

Grimmiekins wrote:
Chuck Norris wrote:Dye do not transfer that quickly. Unless you have never wash your jeans before...
Dye does transfer that quickly. My friend bought a white with black pokadot and black trim on the edges dress at a thrift store. The dress was used and the thrift store washes all their clothes they get , he also washed the dress before putting it on her. He put the dress on her for 5 min just to see if it fit then was going to try some other clothes on her and the dress stained her
Mr Franz is correct.
My dolls like to wear dark color clothing and they never got stain.
But I did have major stains on her head because of the wigs.
Clothing from China has too much dye in it even when you wash it 10 times in hot water.
And also some tpe brand might be more sensitive to color than others
I cant speak for all the tpe brands that is out there nowadays but mine is ok so far

INFORMATIONS