Starpery.com

!!!help!!! tpe damage

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
TheguyfromParis
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

!!!help!!! tpe damage

Post by TheguyfromParis »

Hello

I recently acquired a piperdoll Jessica, it arrives in optimal state, ordered it from Dollto-China which has an impeccable customer service ( Thanks again Kimi ! ) and the delivery itself was quite fast ( 3 weeks ).
It's my first doll ever so I was aware I would eventually damage her, through not enough/too much maintenance, but it s arriving way too soon and I'm super anxious now.

I noticed today some weird looking marks around and into the orifices, I have no idea what's causing it or how I can fix it.
I think it's making the material more frail because there's a tear now, I ordered some tpe glue and in the meantime was hoping to know more about what's happening here :/

I'm following the classic tpe care : 1/5 mild soap+water, dry with microfiber tool light pressures, baby powder.

Anyone knows what I can do ?

here's the pic : https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/20 ... 035314.jpg

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: !!!help!!! tpe damage

Post by Mr Franz »

Looks completely dried out. TPE glue, which is actually a solvent will likely make matters worse. How long have you had her and have you contacted your vendor about it?

TheguyfromParis
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

I have it for just around 2 weeks now, its very new.
I'm sending a mail to the vendor, but the more infos I have the better it is :/

What can we do in case the tpe is dried out? And any idea of what s causing this to happen ?
Thanks !

Grimmiekins
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Grimmiekins »

what are you using to clean her? or what lube are you using? it only seems to be in that spot so I feel it's something you are using down there. you can give her a good oiling down there with baby oil

david 68
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by david 68 »

8O .................that don't look right. looks like weak tpe. :roll: new dolls don't get that way in a few weeks if its of good quality sorry that's' just my personal opinion. :drinking:

Robert Lloyd
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Robert Lloyd »

I agree with Grimmiekins' observation. All of this damage is around the pleasure zones, which should make you wonder why type of lube you are using and what you are using to clean her. You should post the lube and cleaning products you've been using. Is the doll having a chemical reaction to your lube and/or cleaning products? that would be my first question.

AGL
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by AGL »

Robert Lloyd wrote:I agree with Grimmiekins' observation. All of this damage is around the pleasure zones, which should make you wonder why type of lube you are using and what you are using to clean her. You should post the lube and cleaning products you've been using. Is the doll having a chemical reaction to your lube and/or cleaning products? that would be my first question.
Yeah, this is what I was thinking as well. It looks to me like either the lube or the cleaner you're using is overly drying out and/or reacting with the TPE.

nicvncnt
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by nicvncnt »

I've seen this kind of damage (deterioration might be a better word) on much older dolls which have never been oiled or vaselined. No way should a doll look like this after just a few weeks - makes me wonder if this was a bad TPE mix at the factory perhaps not enough plasticizer in the mix. This is definitely not the result of excessive use or forcing of the doll's orifices and I would get back to the vendor about this.

Best wishes with whatever you do, but be very careful with TPE solvent as other posters have said it can make problems worse rather than better.

Mishka1965
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Mishka1965 »

The lube should be suspect and as well as your soapy water. Use baby oil to clean and remain in proper order. The soap will remove oils and can ruin her fast. These piper dolls are fragile and need more oil care there in privates

Mishka
Photographer and Doll Enthusiast
2018-2021 Photographing for JIUSHENG-DOLL,6YE,SinoDoll
2022-2023 Photographer/Reviewer for Zelex, TAYU, MRD and IronTech

Twitter Page: https://twitter.com/Mishka_1965
Instagram Page:https://www.instagram.com/_mishka1965_/

TheguyfromParis
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Thanks everyone for your answers!

Here are the products I use :
https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/20 ... 183154.jpg
I made sure the lube was water-based so maybe its the soapy water ? I don't have baby oil but I ve read Nivea cream would be fine.
nicvncnt wrote:I've seen this kind of damage (deterioration might be a better word) on much older dolls which have never been oiled or vaselined. No way should a doll look like this after just a few weeks - makes me wonder if this was a bad TPE mix at the factory perhaps not enough plasticizer in the mix. This is definitely not the result of excessive use or forcing of the doll's orifices and I would get back to the vendor about this.

Best wishes with whatever you do, but be very careful with TPE solvent as other posters have said it can make problems worse rather than better.
I agree this is happening way too soon, but Piperdoll and Dollto-China seem to have an excellent reputation, I'm pretty much convinced the problem comes from my maintenance routine.
I sent earlier a mail to Kimi about that, he contacter the manufacturer and they advised me to use a hot air gun to melt the rough surface of the TPE, and also stop using the current soap.
I'm not sure I want to try this though, I'm scared I would end up hurting her further since the damage is also inside the orifices :/
In the meantime I completely stopped moving her to prevent any more tearing

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

Hi just a quick observation, if you do decide to go near that area with hot air then I wouldn't use a hot air gun but rather a variable heat hot air rework station with a fine nozzle. Even then I would be cautious as that area has tpe under a degree of tension and can easily open up when hot air is applied. Personally I would get some practice in on some spare tpe until you felt proficient to approach it. It's certainly doable by someone with a degree of experience but not if you haven't worked with tpe at all. There are also precautions to be taken due to toxic fumes etc. Good luck.

Rumstalk
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Rumstalk »

I'm a bit of a rank novice, so take my ideas with a grain of salt.

I have never experienced that kind of look on a doll before, but I'm wondering...when you clean the doll's private areas, do you use boiling water? I remember in a tutorial it was mention that TPE can be melted or slightly liquify at 200 Celsius...if you're using boiling water that is beyond that temperature to clean the private areas, then letting it air dry...it's possible that really fast heating and cooling might be responsible for the break down in structure.

Again, you got way more experienced doll user advice before me, I'm just making a guess based on what I saw which looked like excess drying - possibly caused by high heat or rapid evaporation as well as a deterioration of the material.

As another note - dishwater soap(I know you only mentioned "mild soap" so I'm not sure) and other soaps like it tend to be "oil solvents" when mixed with water. This is the primary idea used when washing dishes with high amounts of grease or oil. I noticed that TPE dolls tend to contain a certain amount of oil, I assume to make the doll skin pliable...do you think any of your cleaning rituals may have used approximated any of those possible outcomes?

Robert Lloyd
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Robert Lloyd »

Rumstalk, interesting hypothesis. None of the doll care guides for TPE or silicone ever suggest boiling water so I hadn't even thought of that, but now that you mention it, it definitely seems plausible.

Zippy81
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Zippy81 »

I wouldn't use baby oil on that area given its current fragile state.baby oil is likely to over soften the area making it worse. I'd use vaseline there. And just a tiny amount to moisten the area. (Just enough to get the surface wet looking.don't gob it on there.)
I wouldn't use nivea creme either given the state of the tpe in its present condition. It contains water. The tpe being pourous and in an already fragile state might result in developing a mold issue. The strained area (areas that look like cooked turkey) have more crevices to allow bacteria to get into now. And without enough oil in the pores; that water in nivea creme can be used by any left behind bacteria to create mold.

https://www.amazon.com/Vaseline-Petrole ... r=8-4&th=1

Never use hot water on tpe. Like others have said it basically strips the tpe of its life sustaining oils. use an antibacterial hand soap mixed into warm water. Best to get one that's in a hand pump dispenser. Do one pump per 1.5 quarts of water.

https://www.amazon.com/Dial-Liquid-Spri ... 09&sr=8-30

TheguyfromParis
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Rumstalk wrote:when you clean the doll's private areas, do you use boiling water?
As another note - dishwater soap(I know you only mentioned "mild soap" so I'm not sure) and other soaps like it tend to be "oil solvents" when mixed with water. This is the primary idea used when washing dishes with high amounts of grease or oil. I noticed that TPE dolls tend to contain a certain amount of oil, I assume to make the doll skin pliable...do you think any of your cleaning rituals may have used approximated any of those possible outcomes?
I use cold water with body gel " le petit marseillais" I saw another doll owner on this forum using it so I assumed it should be ok. I'm really not sure what's responsible because I always wash the doll's full body after use, yet there's only damage in that specific area... So far my best guess would be that baby powder can dry the material if there's too much of it?
Zippy81 wrote:I wouldn't use baby oil on that area given its current fragile state.baby oil is likely to over soften the area making it worse. I'd use vaseline there. And just a tiny amount to moisten the area. (Just enough to get the surface wet looking.don't gob it on there.)
I wouldn't use nivea creme either given the state of the tpe in its present condition. It contains water.
Well damn, I used nivea cream since I don't have vaseline around :(
But to sum things up, if I use Vaseline in tiny amounts, the TPE will heal itself over time, then I can apply the TPE glue to fix the tearing?
or am I forced to go the hot airgun route to fix it?

Thanks for the answers I appreciate the help so far !

INFORMATIONS