Starpery.com

Skeletons, too tight? How much force can you apply?

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Grubhed
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Skeletons, too tight? How much force can you apply?

Post by Grubhed »

I have a doll that is less than a month old. So all of her joints are still very tight. I have some experience posing my dolls, but am far from an expert and very nervous when applying pressure. Almost all of her joints I have successfully repositioned with no problems. However I recently noticed she wasn't sitting straight, leaning to the side. I found a photo of the skeleton used by SMDolls which is her manufacturer and confirmed there is a joint there.
Skeleton.jpg
Skeleton.jpg (528.72 KiB) Viewed 661 times
However it resists movement and I'm afraid to place too much pressure and possibly breaking one of her welds. There is a lot going on in this area. Structure is questionable. Any suggestions on placement/positioning, pressure points?
Grubhed
Missy JY150 link
Nomi SM150
Lana JY140

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Re: Skeletons, too tight? How much force can you apply?

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

Perhaps you can let mother nature and gravity due her thing.
Some people have put the dolls on their knee..
In your case, she would have to be on her side.
http://dolldesire.com/
. One vendor name kept coming up as being great at helping customers walk through the process, Booty Call Dolls. So I decided I would work with them on this first purchase, and did.
-princeoverit
You could not of found a better person to help you with your first doll. Jeff /Booty call dolls, knows his stuff... One of the few members that is a vendor and a real lover of dolls. He owns quite a few dolls, and really understands the love we all share.
-Just in time

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Re: Skeletons, too tight? How much force can you apply?

Post by Anung Un Rama »

OK Grubs, be cautious with the SM spine articulation.

So what has happened, I believe is the joint has rotated slightly out of proper alignment, so this will involve laying her on her back and gently manipulating the shoulder and hips in gentle opposing directions (only small movements).

If you can rig some pillows to put under her tummy to protect her can s from compression, then do this with her lying on her front with back up, so you can feel the joint, and for pressure points, the ideal area for the hips would be the top of the inverted U section (or n section) as this will limit excessive leverage force, but apply any small pressure, while the other hand is feeling for the spine uni joint position.

The other possibility is the fastener has come lose that has shifted the joint out of position so light pressure jiggling on the nominated pressure point, while feeling the spine joint, should give any indication of excess play and joint shift.

Anung

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

INFORMATIONS