Starpery.com

who DOESN'T baby oil their TPE? how's it working for you?

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
kklouzal

Re: who DOESN'T baby oil their TPE? how's it working for yo

Post by kklouzal »

I've oiled my SM-Doll 3 times now. The first time removed a semi-noticeable factory smell that was lingering around. The second and third time was to (partially) remove a huge stain on the dolls backside.

After the first oil session the TEP felt...different...hard to explain how but it felt more 'fluffy' I guess.
2nd and 3rd times I let the oil soak in for about 15 minutes, then after oiling up my hands I massaged the stained areas with A LOT of pressure, the dark stain color could be seen squeezing out from the TPE. It amazed me just how absorbent the material is after I saw that.

I've never once oiled my irontech doll, I apply some powder when the TPE starts to get sticky/tacky and this makes it smooth again. Clean her a couple times a month.

-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by -Ragnar66- »

I don´t do. No use for it unless removing stains or dirt more deeply in. Also there´s no mention of baby oil or vaseline application from manufacturer (IT), as their TPE type most likely doesn´t need anything like that. However, my dolls 2 and 1/2 months old, so who knows what the future demands maybe.

MattUK

Post by MattUK »

I've just oiled Hannah for the first time after owning her almost a year. I don't know if it's needed, but let's just say you owe it to yourself as a male with a heartbeat to do it at least once :o

Smoker
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Smoker »

abcguyxyz wrote:great input. thanks!
Obligatory “that’s what she said”

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

-Ragnar66- wrote:Also there´s no mention of baby oil or vaseline application from manufacturer (IT), as their TPE type most likely doesn´t need anything like that.
Of course manufacturers don't mention it. Extending the life of existing dolls tends to put a damper on future sales! :mrgreen:

Mcupplease
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Mcupplease »

I have actually never gotten around to applying oil to any of my doll so far. They appear to be in the same condition as the day they arrived with no problems resulting.
Hi160ZZ (9,470cc) ...HI160BBB(8,450cc) ... JAR153BBB(4,400cc) ... AB110BBB(4.280cc) ... YL150O(4,020cc) ...
OR161K(3,800cc) ... JY140(3,460cc) ...
CP-Breastforms-KK(3,000cc) ... SM175L(2,900cc) ...
SH165R(2,850cc) ... JY150L(2,800cc) ...
SY167L-x2(2,600cc) ... SM150L(2,550cc) ... CLM-Torso(2,300cc) ... Ruby13 XXX BreastPillow(2,000cc)

SteelWings

Post by SteelWings »

I havn't oiled my TPE doll once since I got her. And the TPE is starting to degrade and tear in places like her knees. Though position she's kept in and the amount of sun she gets every day could also be factors. Still I would recommend oiling your doll every now and again just as a precaution.

Besides massaging oil into those naked perfect doll bodies should be a fun reward, not a chore ^.~

nicvncnt
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by nicvncnt »

Even if occaisional oilings were needed in the past I would think that the new "oil-free" TPE formulas would not need it. It can be difficult to get definite guidance from the manufacturers though. Although they don't manufacture in their own right, YL are the only company afaik who have posted detailed maintenance instructions on their site.

TDHNewZealand
Inactive Vendor
Inactive Vendor

Post by TDHNewZealand »

This is on the Website for YL Doll:

"TPE Rehydration

Once a month it is recommended to hydrate the entire doll with mineral oil to keep the doll factory new. Similar to washing your doll you apply baby oil on the front half of the body and wait approx 2 hours for absorption and flip the doll over and repeat. Be sure to remove baby powder first before oiling her body. Vaseline can be used under high stress areas such as the arm pits, crotch and vagina but requires approx. 12 hours for absorption. Vaseline and Nivea creme has a higher mineral oil content than baby oil. For hydrating the entire body, baby oil is the proper choice."

Because they are made by Jinsan, this should theoretically apply to dolls made by WM Dolls and Oriental Doll.

Our office dolls seem to need a bit of oil every now and then, as the surface can feel drier to the touch than when they arrived - They are both made of Ultra Soft TPE, so that might make a difference.
The Doll House New Zealand

Luxury Love Dolls Down Under

http://www.thedollhouse.co.nz

E-Mail: thedollhousenewzealand@gmail.com
Mobile: (64) (0)27-SEX-DOLL

Tyr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Tyr »

I used to oil Ami every 3 months or so. I don't anymore as I have noticed a marked degradation of her body in high stress areas, shoulders, elbows. Several of the repairs I have undertaken lately have shown her to have a horrible sticky goo under her skin and the TPE seems more like chewing gum.
P1010357.JPG
P1010357.JPG (816.46 KiB) Viewed 1605 times
This stuff is horrible, it's difficult to clean out, and dirty. I have seen it in Ami's shoulder and elbow too.
My question is, to anybody who has never oiled their doll and had to open her up, did you find similar residue in there?

Tyr.
“We’ve always been vulnerable. Every day you go out the house, you’re vulnerable. You’re inches from diving under a bus or somebody hitting you over the head for your money. Nothing is safe. Everybody seems to be obsessed with safety. Well, nothing is safe, okay? Nothing! Make the most of it while you’re safe now. You won’t be tomorrow, maybe.”
The Late, Great, Ian Fraser Kilminster.

My 'e' key is getting sticky, so now and thn words may look a bit odd.

Smoker
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Smoker »

Honestly I haven’t had the energy (damn chronic fatigue syndrome) to do any proper care and feeding for months. Not even baby powder and I haven’t noticed any change in condition on a WM

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

You know Smoker, I cleaned Jyoti up the other day, not oil just wash and completely forgot to powder her. She's not tacky in the least! Didn't even realize I'd forgotten until the next day. :mrgreen:

Rock13
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Rock13 »

When I first received Hadleigh in early February '18, I'd read some comments suggesting a 30-day cleaning cycle that included oiling and then powder. Although the oil diffuses into and across the TPE, I noticed that even a few weeks after her monthly oiling that even slight pressure from bras or leaning against the wall would re-mobilize the oil. Sticky spots, increased staining, etc. I suppose I'd followed that regimen for around 8 months and she was obviously saturated.

Then, I found some other comments recommending oiling very seldom or never. So I've only very lightly oiled her once or twice since November '18 and her skin feels fine now, seems quite resilient, and is silky to the touch. Not getting nearly as much staining from the various fabrics, either. I still clean and powder her completely between outfits and touch up exposed areas if they get a little too shiny.
Hadleigh is a fair-skinned WM163C/#188, Harper (#124) is a medium toned WM164D, Kendall is a fair-skinned 163C/#398. All via RLSD.

Link to Hadleigh's photo thread

Link to Harper's photo thread

Link to Kendall's photo thread

Link to the H2K Ranch

Richard V

Post by Richard V »

Baby Oil or Mineral Oil which is best for re-hydration ? It seems like baby oil/mineral oil are being used as interchangeable terms, IMO. There are differances, Baby Oil has fragrance, Mineral Oil is edible etc...

So, which is best for re-hydration of TPE ?
Ms Shelby Erickkson , WM162E/46
Ms Erika Denton, WM157B/273

YungSynth
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by YungSynth »

everythings safer in moderation, sounds like it's true for doll oil too

I have not oiled in over a year and have noticed no change yet.. but i do live in a humid climate so that may delay the drying?

tyr, i hope you have fixed that hand! how did it happen?

INFORMATIONS