Starpery.com

TPE Dolls and the Silicone Strip On Stockings

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Hitchhiker42
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

TPE Dolls and the Silicone Strip On Stockings

Post by Hitchhiker42 »

Is the silicone strip on most thigh high stockings damaging to TPE dolls? I've tried searching this forum for an answer, and didn't see any real confirmation. The strip being too tight, and leaving an impression, seemed to be the only problem I saw. I'm sorry if this has been answered before. I touched on this subject in another thread, but this wasn't the topic there, and no one commented on having any trouble from the strip. But I'd really like to know if anyone has had anything bad happen from their stockings. I know silicone dolls shouldn't touch TPE dolls. I would assume that would translate to the silicone strip on stockings. I don't know chemistry. Maybe it's a silicone blend that doesn't react the same as the silicone from a doll? If anyone can shed some light on this for me, I'd appreciate it.
View My Doll Albums HERE

My Random Doll Nonsense HERE

Maviarab
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Re: TPE Dolls and the Silicone Strip On Stockings

Post by Maviarab »

It is fine for a photo-shoot...but I wouldn't leave them on for longer than is required.

That Guy

Post by That Guy »

I have the same question, as well. For now, I leave the stockings on, but I fold back the top of the stocking so that the silicone is face up, when not needed. I can fold it back up easy enough, if I want it back. Until I learn otherwise, this is what I do.

Maviarab
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Maviarab »

That Guy wrote:I have the same question, as well. For now, I leave the stockings on, but I fold back the top of the stocking so that the silicone is face up, when not needed. I can fold it back up easy enough, if I want it back. Until I learn otherwise, this is what I do.
Great idea :thumbs_up:

smallcat
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by smallcat »

Also on a side note I wanted to mention which bothered me, I forgot a bout, depending on stockings, how tight the band is on upper leg where it ends, it can actually leave a impression where the band which holds it. I had to slice the bands so avoid this issue, and now works great.

That Guy

Post by That Guy »

smallcat wrote:Also on a side note I wanted to mention which bothered me, I forgot a bout, depending on stockings, how tight the band is on upper leg where it ends, it can actually leave a impression where the band which holds it. I had to slice the bands so avoid this issue, and now works great.
Which is another reason, just folding back and down a little, will remove the strain on the hoseiry top as well.

Hitchhiker42
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Hitchhiker42 »

Thanks for the responses. I fold down even the stockings without the strip. Just in case. Some stockings are still pretty tight. I picked up some pink stockings with the strip along with a new black pair, that doesn't have the strip, but has an attached garter belt instead. I have mixed feelings on what to do with those. They aren't too easy to get on a TPE doll, but the stockings would work if I cut off the garter. On the other hand, they are really easy to get on my fabric doll, but would not stay up without the attached garter. Decisions, decisions. LOL.
View My Doll Albums HERE

nicvncnt
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by nicvncnt »

There's a similar silicone strip on strapless bras which I have had on Jess for a full day with no ill effects. While I would always be careful with a new garment and not leave it on too long without checking it seems some silicones are safe in contact with TPE. AFAIK the bad reastions all seem to have been with sex toys.

Fantastic Plastic
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Fantastic Plastic »

This question was addressed before, I forgot who mentioned that the silicone bands did leave an artifact/damage behind as a shiny effect.
I love lace top stockings, I find them extremely sexy.
Unfortunately all of them I’ve seen have these adhesive bands. Which works incredibly well for a real girl, and possibly equally as well for a silicone one, but for the girls of TPE I have had the same concerns.

Which brings another variable, TPE blends. My Maxine is so up to this challenge, but her TPE might be different than others.
I mention this because she wears a wig with a black net cap, putting this same wig on my Kitty caused some tiny spots to appear within hours.
On Maxine, she’s wore that same wig for literally years without any staining.

So based in this obvious inconsistency in reaction. I would assume the same different result my be encountered with the silicone bands of lace top stockings.

My 2¢ (or $2.00)

FP

BillMartin9029
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by BillMartin9029 »

Bonander wrote:Thanks for the responses. I fold down even the stockings without the strip. Just in case. Some stockings are still pretty tight. I picked up some pink stockings with the strip along with a new black pair, that doesn't have the strip, but has an attached garter belt instead. I have mixed feelings on what to do with those. They aren't too easy to get on a TPE doll, but the stockings would work if I cut off the garter. On the other hand, they are really easy to get on my fabric doll, but would not stay up without the attached garter. Decisions, decisions. LOL.
I got a pair of those stockings with an attached garter, they are almost impossible to get on! But we managed and Hiyoko wore them the other night, they look great. But be patient, first work the garter on as far as you can and then get her foot started in the top of the stocking without scrunching them up like you'd normally do. Hiyoko wore them for a few hours, no ill effects.
Attachments
IMG_3599 (2)szd.JPG
IMG_3599 (2)szd.JPG (563.08 KiB) Viewed 2304 times
My Doll: Hiyoko (6YE 150D Face X19)
Hiyoko's Galleries:
https://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/i ... ?cat=15020

Hitchhiker42
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Hitchhiker42 »

Fantastic Plastic wrote:This question was addressed before, I forgot who mentioned that the silicone bands did leave an artifact/damage behind as a shiny effect.
That's unfortunate to hear. The difference in TPE blends sure do make it hard to pin point problems. I suppose some minor testing will need to be done to see if it will harm my doll. Stockings for now because she is almost always in them. An easy cover up if it does have an effect. I do have a strapless bra with that strip. It was one of the few bras I had that fit her well. I'll hold off on testing that one out.

I can find stockings without the strip easy enough online. My tastes are pretty boring though. Give me a black sheer top stocking, and I'm good. :wink: But the local adult shop that opened near me only has stockings with the strip. It would be nice to be able to support a local business.
BillMartin9029 wrote:I got a pair of those stockings with an attached garter, they are almost impossible to get on!
It's hard to tell for sure, but those look different then the style I got. Mine are basically one piece of clothing. They look like stockings attached to a waist garter belt made of lace. I have to put them on her like pantyhose, but with huge holes in the upper thighs, lol. I should have taken a picture when I had them on her. But they are new, and black. I didn't want them on her long. I might wash them again.
View My Doll Albums HERE

kevinth1985
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by kevinth1985 »

BillMartin9029 wrote:
Bonander wrote:Thanks for the responses. I fold down even the stockings without the strip. Just in case. Some stockings are still pretty tight. I picked up some pink stockings with the strip along with a new black pair, that doesn't have the strip, but has an attached garter belt instead. I have mixed feelings on what to do with those. They aren't too easy to get on a TPE doll, but the stockings would work if I cut off the garter. On the other hand, they are really easy to get on my fabric doll, but would not stay up without the attached garter. Decisions, decisions. LOL.
I got a pair of those stockings with an attached garter, they are almost impossible to get on! But we managed and Hiyoko wore them the other night, they look great. But be patient, first work the garter on as far as you can and then get her foot started in the top of the stocking without scrunching them up like you'd normally do. Hiyoko wore them for a few hours, no ill effects.
Just an aside, that is a terrific close up shot of her legs! You take great photos Billy!
My best friend? My lover? My wifey? Jenny of course!

Jenny's Random adventures/thoughts: https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 3&t=114012

BillMartin9029
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by BillMartin9029 »

kevinth1985 wrote:
BillMartin9029 wrote:
Just an aside, that is a terrific close up shot of her legs! You take great photos Billy!
Thanks Kevin, hard to take a bad photo of a girl's legs in black stockings.

Bonander - I know which panty hose you're talking about with the garter belt top. Thought about getting those and they do look like may be a struggle to get on.

Back to your original question. Hiyoko also has a pair of stay up thigh highs with the silicon bands, she has worn these for a couple hours, no problems. For longer wear, yeah I turned the tops back to keep the bands off the skin. The pair we bought our Hanes on Amazon, 8 bucks: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000F ... UTF8&psc=1
IMG_1918 (3).JPG
IMG_1918 (3).JPG (260.07 KiB) Viewed 2278 times
My Doll: Hiyoko (6YE 150D Face X19)
Hiyoko's Galleries:
https://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/i ... ?cat=15020

Fantastic Plastic
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Fantastic Plastic »

Just for help I’ll put a pair on Maxine for a week or so, if it does leave a mark it won’t be the end of the world, and it will be a reminder of her dedication.
Plus I can then experiment on repairing it if possible.

forty
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by forty »

I'd recommend just use either a garter belt, or those open crotch waist highs. Tights that holds itself will be harmful anyways.

For garter/tights, get the tights with an extra layer outside, so the strip from garter does not need to contact the doll leg directly.

INFORMATIONS