Starpery.com

Creaks in certain part of the joint when moving the limbs.

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
RGC_0767
Former Member

Re: Creaks in certain part of the joint when moving the limb

Post by RGC_0767 »

Dolllover2019 wrote:Had to open her up? damn haha sounds like major surgery.
In truth it is not too hard.
The leg would just fall when lifted.
I cut an inch or so slice right above the entire joint. Surprising the amount of tension. The cut opened like an "O" which is bonus since it had given me some room to work.
There is cloth/gauze I had to pull away to access the nut on inside. With a 19mm box wrench put it on the nut and smacked it tighter.
A couple good smacks is all it took.
It's not truly major surgery unless we have to replace something or re-weld, whatever. Nothing was broken, Just came loose.
Sealing up the cut I'd just used my own homebrew adhesive that many owners here are fearful to use. :) It was 2 inches thick of TPE I had to fuse back up.
Successful mission
Whole job took 25 minutes, with exception to waiting for the cut to seal.

Your lady will loosen up in time. Hopefully not to the point where the joint will be sloppy such as LuAnne's was. But she's back in business.
Her joints when new sounded like an old trunk that not been open in a century :)
That sound should pass for you soon.

Chuck Norris
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Chuck Norris »

My dolls also creak all the times and they fart also! No worries, All is fine.

Dolllover2019

Post by Dolllover2019 »

Don't be so modest, your true calling should have been a surgeon.

I cut an inch or so slice right above the entire joint. Surprising the amount of tension. The cut opened like an "O" which is bonus since it had given me some room to work.
There is cloth/gauze I had to pull away to access the nut on inside. With a 19mm box wrench put it on the nut and smacked it tighter.
It's not truly major surgery unless we have to replace something or re-weld, whatever. Nothing was broken, Just came loose.
Sealing up the cut I'd just used my own homebrew adhesive that many owners here are fearful to use. :) It was 2 inches thick of TPE I had to fuse back up.
Successful mission

Your lady will loosen up in time. Hopefully not to the point where the joint will be sloppy such as LuAnne's was. But she's back in business.
Her joints when new sounded like an old trunk that not been open in a century :)
That sound should pass for you soon.

Chuck Norris
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Chuck Norris »

RGC_0767 wrote:
Successful mission
Hello RGC,
Did you manage to take any pics while doing that surgery on that hip?
I need to do the same on mine and just waiting for the nice weather to kick in to bring her outside to do the work.
Any pics would help if you have any...

INFORMATIONS