Starpery.com

as a doll display, will it in time fall apart or dry out ?

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
david 68
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

as a doll display, will it in time fall apart or dry out ?

Post by david 68 »

:| can a doll of tpe in a display mode for years , will it dry out ? i have a few that are brand new ,never washed or used ,just dressed and displayed when they arrived. thanks 8)

Agalmatoreveur

Re: as a doll display, will it in time fall apart or dry out

Post by Agalmatoreveur »

I saw a Youtube video where a couple of guys had a display doll. It looked like a WM doll, but it could have been a copy. Who knows what they'd done with it, but it looks like it was just used as a set prop. It had basically fallen to pieces, with the TPE crumbling, skeleton exposed, and bits falling off all over the place.

You probably at least want to keep the dolls oiled regularly.

smallcat
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by smallcat »

I wouldn't think so? Just keep them away from the sun mainly, avg temp/humidity room. If you can make them a enclosed plastic glass casing without any oxygen getting in, they would last a long time hehe.

Even my 4 knock offs are hold up well over the year, they are just sitting in the spare room, I just keep them dusted, looks fine to me. My original branded ones are usually in just display... I rarely have time for them sadly :( or for myself. I dont even oil them.

I think its more on how people handle them, roughly or so, and environment on how it effects tpe. You have to remember that TPE is how a lot of toys are made, and if you seen toys how they melt or deform over time. But since tpe is a mixture of both, takes longer time. Roughly should last 3-6 years at most I say before you see anything differently about it.

david 68
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by david 68 »

Agalmatoreveur wrote:I saw a Youtube video where a couple of guys had a display doll. It looked like a WM doll, but it could have been a copy. Who knows what they'd done with it, but it looks like it was just used as a set prop. It had basically fallen to pieces, with the TPE crumbling, skeleton exposed, and bits falling off all over the place.

You probably at least want to keep the dolls oiled regularly.
yeah i think i seen that on the youtube channel that was a sign of a bad mixture of t.p.e. ( a fake doll). i believe. 8)

david 68
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by david 68 »

smallcat wrote:I wouldn't think so? Just keep them away from the sun mainly, avg temp/humidity room. If you can make them a enclosed plastic glass casing without any oxygen getting in, they would last a long time hehe.

Even my 4 knock offs are hold up well over the year, they are just sitting in the spare room, I just keep them dusted, looks fine to me. My original branded ones are usually in just display... I rarely have time for them sadly :( or for myself. I dont even oil them.

I think its more on how people handle them, roughly or so, and environment on how it effects tpe. You have to remember that TPE is how a lot of toys are made, and if you seen toys how they melt or deform over time. But since tpe is a mixture of both, takes longer time. Roughly should last 3-6 years at most I say before you see anything differently about it.
well i do have them in the bed rooms ,windows are always covered, the temp is accurate all year long ,and so far the clothing (100% cotton) don't seemed to show any oil absorption. hopefully they don't weaken as time passes by. :drinking: this is like my wax museum collection of beauties. :) I just don't want to see them fall into ageing mode. :(

INFORMATIONS