Starpery.com

Optimal Temperature and Humidity for TPE storage?

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
bfg114

Optimal Temperature and Humidity for TPE storage?

Post by bfg114 »

Hello,

I am curious if anyone can give me some guidelines on the optimal temperature and humidity level to store a TPE sex doll in. I can't seem to find anything definitive online, especially for humidity.

The goal is to extend the life of my doll by storing her in optimal conditions. I am a cigar enthusiast with access to a large humidor which I've modified to fit a sex doll. My idea is to store her in there where I can completely control the environment. I travel quite a bit and I think storing her in there would hopefully keep her in mint condition while I am away for long periods.

Any guidance would be so appreciated by me and my Rosa.

Thanks!

somethingrandom

Re: Optimal Temperature and Humidity for TPE storage?

Post by somethingrandom »

Hello, I don't have a doll yet, so I have no first hand experience, but I have read on these forums that TPE can be a breeding ground for mold and bacteria, so I would imagine you wouldn't want it TOO humid as that would better facilitate mold growth. I imagine too dry would probably make the TPE brittle, or damage it in some other way, but that is just my own logical thinking, I have not read anything about the over dryness of TPE. I don't know what the specific ideal range would be.
GrimReefer has been doing a freeze test on TPE but so far has not reported any change to it, cold doesn't seem to affect it. But it will melt at high temperatures. (I'd be curious to know what would happen to a piece of TPE left on a hot car dash in the summer for a few hours).
Sorry I couldn't be any more helpful, I'm sure some one more knowledgeable than me will be along.

ShadowCat

Post by ShadowCat »

I would be curious to know the temperature range for TPE as well.
BJD's: Loong Soul Hao Tian, Loong Soul Black Dragon, Dolk Mikazuki, Ringdoll Lan Wangji, Ringdoll Wei Wuxian, Ringdoll Xie Lian, Ringdoll Hua Cheng
Smartdolls: Alot!
Former Male RealDoll2: Aki (Body B, Nate face)
WM 160 cm Male: Luca (face 78), tan skin tone

grimreefer24601

Post by grimreefer24601 »

Cold is not much of an issue. At least normal cold. I'm working on way to get below freezer cold.

Heat is really the problem. Even just sitting in a window a TPE doll can overheat. That can be in a perfectly fine temperature house but a window can cause damage.

skinnygamer

Post by skinnygamer »

grimreefer24601 wrote:Cold is not much of an issue. At least normal cold. I'm working on way to get below freezer cold.

Heat is really the problem. Even just sitting in a window a TPE doll can overheat. That can be in a perfectly fine temperature house but a window can cause damage.
Good point about the window. I'd assume that direct sunlight would be a concern as well (UV etc.)

Probably not a good idea to powder her up with corn starch then stuff her away somewhere if high humidity is a concern

grimreefer24601

Post by grimreefer24601 »

Don't know that it's a huge concern. Corn starch is food for bacteria. Talc ins't.

Don't think either will amount to much.

ShadowCat

Post by ShadowCat »

grimreefer24601 wrote: Corn starch is food for bacteria. Talc ins't.
That is a really good point. Didn’t think about that, although I plan on using baby powder anyway.
BJD's: Loong Soul Hao Tian, Loong Soul Black Dragon, Dolk Mikazuki, Ringdoll Lan Wangji, Ringdoll Wei Wuxian, Ringdoll Xie Lian, Ringdoll Hua Cheng
Smartdolls: Alot!
Former Male RealDoll2: Aki (Body B, Nate face)
WM 160 cm Male: Luca (face 78), tan skin tone

war201987
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by war201987 »

(If there are no cold-condensing surfaces and the relative humidity (RH) is maintained below 60 percent indoors, there will not be enough water in those materials for mold to grow. However, if the RH stays above 70 percent indoors for extended periods of time, mold will almost certainly grow.)

INFORMATIONS