Starpery.com

Doll maintenance and care (Newlywed) kit thread for TPE

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
drguild

Doll maintenance and care (Newlywed) kit thread for TPE

Post by drguild »

There are many wonderful threads and discussions about maintenance and caring for your girl / guy such as:

BCD Newlywed Guide
BCD Honeymoon Guide
How to avoid cleaning built in vaginas
TPE Doll Care Words of Wisdom Please

So this thread isn't meant to duplicate those but a place to talk about what we should have in our care and maintenance kit.
As I see new owers awaiting their dolls asking the question what they need to buy to care for their doll.

So I hope to present a simple thread of what can be classed as a newlywed care kit of products to buy.
If I am missing any essential items please let me know.

This post will list what seem to be the general consensus on a kit and extra very useful and ease of use items and lists where and a basic how these items are used.
I may categorize this later with optional stuff.

Bag:
To keep everything below together for your girl/guy.

Cheap Makeup Brushes:
Used for applying Vaseline easily to bottoms of cavities, doing her makeup, lipstick, general maintenance etc.

Cotton Tips:
Can be used for lipstick Vaseline and other things in place of a small brush.

Soft (Liquid) Soap:
Used to clean the body instead of soap safer and softer on skin.

Mineral (Baby) Oil:
Used to replenish internal oils.

Baby Powder:
Gives the skin a smooth feeling instead of leaving it sticky after washing.

Vaseline:
Coating the cavities and high stress movement bend areas.

Microfiber Cloth:
Used for washing the body of your doll.

Soft Absorbent Cloth:
These are softer than microfiber cloths and absorb moisture think 'Shamwow'.
They are used for drying your doll without scuffing and damaging her by patting it on the skin.
I use the Chux multi purpose absorbent cloth.
I recommend you get one especially for TPE dolls.

Cavity Brush:
These are soft sponges in a stick used for cleaning the cavities.

Example product.

Absorbent Quick Dry Stick:
These are loosely similar to Cavity Brushes above but designed to absorb moisture.
It is a no fuss, fun and easy way to dry the inside more than a standard cloth, air dryer, air pump etc.
You insert the stick and give your doll a really good stomach and back a massage.

Example product.

TPE Stain Remover: (TPE Dolls)
Needed to remove stains on TPE Dolls.

TPE Solvent: (TPE Dolls)
Needed for TPE repairs.
This melts the TPE to glue it together.

TPE Sample Pieces:
It is recommended you get sample pieces for testing clothing items, as well if you lose the vaginal ball or need a bit of extra TPE for repairing and filling in holes and gaps the solvent might leave.

Isopropyl Alcohol:
This is used for sterilising and to fully clean any areas for working with the solvent and permanent makeup, paints etc

Nail Glue:
You will be needing to glue the nails back on fairly soon after buying your doll, so this is needed. My personal recommendation over anything other type of adhesive

Eyelash Glue:
Same as above the eyelashes tend to unglue easily so constant maintenance is required.

Eyelashes:
As above the eyelashes seem to need constant maintenance so extra pairs are needed for changing when needed.

Female Condoms:
If your going to have sex this is a no mess cleanup method and with care can be reused multiple times.

Lube:
You will need to lube the female condom, waterbased is a must. Vaseline is perhaps better as it does not breed bacteria like water based products.

Tampons / Absorbent balls:
Some use for drying the cavities but the solution above the absorbent sticks are better for when you are cleaning the cavities.
However you should still add these to your list as when in between the times you fully clean the cavies, when washing or showering you can pop one in as a plug just to stop any moisture accidently getting in, then dry it out and reuse it next cleaning session.
Even if you think the cavities are dry after a bath and no water got in that may not be the case this is a extra precaution.

It is recommended to get these as well as the absorbent sticks, as you use the stick to dry after a proper cavity clean you use these as a precaution when you are generally cleaning your doll and not planning on cleaning the cavities and washing her at that time.

Gyno Carabiner:
These are opened and locked and stay open so it lets you inspect and do any maintenance of the ball and anything in the cavity to be done.
It will also let you clean out any debris easier hair, dust etc.
As well as to easily apply Vaseline to the bottoms of the cavities.
I personally in my opinion recommend to get one as precaution and for doing anything when required.

Endoscope:
This is a must item for inspecting all cavities of the mouth, vagina and anus if you do not use any form of protection.
These are fairly cheap and so useful for checking for any mold, if they are dry, or any damage has been done.
Regular inspection is recommended (again, if you do not use condoms etc).

Android users there is a App CameraFi that lets you use your phone as a viewer.
Unless you need video CameraFi (Version 1) is better, as you can remove Ads and watermarks on photos permanently with Google Survey Rewards credit.
CameraFi2 is a monthly/yearly subscription based service for such functionality.

-------------------------------------------
Extra Useful Items
-------------------------------------------

Makeup:
Eventually you are going to need to redo the makeup or you may want to change your dolls look from time to time.

Lipstick:
If you kiss your partner this is kina needed as the factory lipstick will come off within hours.

Body Stockings:
If your doll will wear black clothing this is a easy way to avoid staining.
There are different types to get full body, torso, open crotch etc, and you can always modify them yourself if your skilled to fit a particular style if needed.
Think of it as a undergarment.
If you have see-through dark colours you are going to want to wash and colour set those items as well as most colored items before putting your doll in them.

Perfume:
Only spray on clothes wigs, for TPE Dolls this can help with the factory smell.

Wigs:
Over time you will need to change the wig depending on usage.
There re many types of wigs to choose from.
Last edited by Maviarab on Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edits at ops request

Maviarab
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Re: Doll maintenance and care (Newlywed) kit thread

Post by Maviarab »

Sorry but many of these items are not 'needed'....could be considered 'useful' and are at best for the ultra pedantic. If you wish to create a be all and end all list of required products, it's going to need some edits in my honest opinion:

The first being the title really needs to say you are talking about TPE only. You only mention this near the bottom of your list. Silicone requirements are very very different.

A microfiber cloth is perfectly fine for drying also. Nothing else is needed or required. Sure personal choice and experience and preference dictates anything else.

Nail glue is largely useless also in my option. The stuff just isn't strong enough (unless that is your aim to have them very temporary).

Gyno Carabiner, never even heard of the item, let alone anyone actually recommending one. Once again, useful? Perhaps, for some people, but not required or necessary.

Isopropyl Alcohol is never to be used on TPE (unless watered down and sparingly). It will dry it out eventually and cause cracking and degradation of the TPE leading to break down. 3% hydrogen Peroxide is the recommended cleaning product. But note TPE is porous, you will never 100% sterilize it (unlike Silicone).

Endoscope...not a must item at all. Handy sure, but many people have had dolls for years and never needed one. They take other precautions. Also not all dolls have the ball.

I appreciate the enthusiasm and you wanting to help, but if you wish to create a one size fits all and a 'bible' of things, make sure it is accurate.

Mavi

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Doll maintenance and care (Newlywed) kit thread

Post by Mr Franz »

Yeah, TPE doll care needn't be overly complicated, IMHO. My kit, cornstarch, large make-up brush, baby oil, petroleum jelly, wig brush. The rest of the things I use are not doll specific and just stuff I have on-hand anyway. Blue Dawn dish liquid (I use about a teaspoon in a couple quarts of warm water to clean), soft towels, sponge, wash cloth, etc.

Cosmetics and other incidentals you can get as needed along with any "nice to haves" you may wish to acquire.

drguild

Re: Doll maintenance and care (Newlywed) kit thread for TPE

Post by drguild »

Yep care isn't complicated but the purpose of the thread is to advise users especially new to TPE gals and guys everything they may want to get and think about getting at some stage to have the best and safest experiences they can get.
So everything I am listing is usable in some way for the average doll user and will be handy at various times.

Wig Cap
Some wigs may cause staining just like clothing.
So be careful when purchasing a wig.
So you may want to get a white or skin color wig cap for your kit (pantyhose style) or line (stitch the inside) of the cap with a old stocking, cloth or something as a precaution.
A set of (pantyhose style) caps at various colours is only a couple dollars from AliExpress.

What I mean about wig stain the black mark above the right eyebrow which I have started to treat with stain remover.
This stain line went quite a bit round the head.
IMG_20190302_160903.jpg
IMG_20190302_160903.jpg (418.24 KiB) Viewed 2099 times
I'll upload a pic of my own full care kit later in a few months as I am awaiting a few more things and going to be buying more stuff from a few places after building a PC I am starting to do and will take a month or so.

Also I'll do quick tutorials in here about how to use each piece of a 'kit'.
I can do short few second half a minute videos if you want or photos, let me know what's prefered for you guys and new users.

INFORMATIONS