Starpery.com

TPE stain remover- what is it?

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Indigo20
Former Member

Re: TPE stain remover- what is it?

Post by Indigo20 »

@Dollicious2:

Are we are now doing picture puzzle without providing information ?

I can this too.
Ponds & Nivea.jpg
Ponds & Nivea.jpg (24.25 KiB) Viewed 1143 times

Ok, to those that need information:

Both moisturizing cremes do have the main ingredients water and mineral oil.
For making this possible, both cremes come with so called "emulsifiers" to allow the binding of water inside mineral oil.

And what did I wrote above ?
Do not use mineral oil / baby oil / vaseline for removing color stains caused from clothing !

Dollicious2, are you not able to read my answer and are you not able to read the ingredients of "your creme" ?

This community drives me crazy.
It is like fighting against windmills as Don Quixote it did.
But in this case the reason is that some people do not have blood and oxygen on the right place.
I should quit, it makes no more sense.

Grubhed
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Grubhed »

Indigo20 wrote:You wrote that you did 2 applications with the creme and afterwards you applied mineral oil.
No, don't do that.
Remove the color stains completely, and afterwards, if all is gone, then you can use mineral oil.
At the moment you are "anchoring" again.
I thought after waiting 36 hours, your treatment had run it's course. May I suggest including this warning to 'hold off on oiling' in your included instructions? Hopefully this will prevent others from making my mistake. Do you think it is possible to try treating some more, or do you think the stain has become too locked in?
Grubhed
Missy JY150 link
Nomi SM150
Lana JY140

Cubiko
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Cubiko »

Indigo, please know that the vast (but silent) majority of people in this community support and appreciate the hard work you do and insight you provide us with. It still amazes me when people who spend $2000 and more on a doll insist on using risky home remedies to save a few $ - even when all common sense and expertise say you shouldn’t.
False facts spread like fire in dry grass in this community and are often adopted as the only truth and best practice without any proof whatsovever.

We might not agree on everything, but you certainly have my support and respect. :thumbs_up:

1st rule to avoid staining: do not buy cheap dark clothing, get some quality stuff and the problem disappears IMO.

Indigo20
Former Member

Post by Indigo20 »

@grubhed:

As I explained, the removing of the anchored stains is hard work for the stain remover.
We have also to see the fact that you have used a lot of other stuff.
Therewith it takes more applications.
Please no mineral oil application at the moment.
If you have stain remover left, use it.
From the result we have seen on the pictures you made (before and afterwards), I'm sure the staining will be removed.

I included your "warning" into the handbook, also the lessons I learned from your experience and the correspondence with doll owners which have made the same mistakes.
The handbook has now this section included:

3.) Exclusion of the functionality of the TPE & silicone stain remover creme:

This is the case if, by previous measures with any solvents, other cremes or oils, the polymer
structure of the TPE or silicone has changed or has been damaged, as well as the fact that the
penetrated color pigments are now more or permanently anchored.

Examples for this are:
- Dissolution or damage by aromatic hydrocarbons, alcohols, disinfectants based on alcohol / ether, etc.
- Application of cleansing creams
- Excessive use of baby oil or mineral oil for targeted stain removal

--------------------------------------------------------------

@mandos:

Thank you for your kind words.
You are absolutely right, it amazes me too what the people are doing with their dolls.
What the people are doing is to act against that what the manufacturers and vendors are saying and providing.
This can cause the loss of waranty and also making it impossible that some dolls can be repaired because of destroyed polymer structures.

From my harsh answer to forum member "Dollicious2" you can see the angriness which is inside me.
I receive too much emails with pictures and stories of doll owners that have extremely harmed and/or destroyed their dolls with experiments or "recommendations".

Mandos, as you said, we might not agree in everything.
That is a good base for interesting talks and for putting light on a specific situation from different directions.

It was your introduction, pictures and report of the YL Doll 148 in 2015 that made my decision for purchasing this doll (at that time for 3.000 Euros).

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

Guys misunderstanding....
DL2 posted that because WM cleaner spells like it.
Sadly, on another note, another HORROR story on an SM doll
Best,
Jeff

Dutch_Husband

Post by Dutch_Husband »

I was just curious if the problem with dark clothing dyes and mineral oil could be useful to make a more permanent staining for various areas on the body. I know there are "semi-permanent" make-ups available, but what if the stain could be deeply set so it doesn't wear off?

Just a thought.
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice.
In practice, there is.

Gabriella
WM 168G w/WM 233 head
https://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/t ... album=9855

Evita Valentine
WM 170H w/WM 233 head (Retired due to catastrophic failure)
https://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/t ... album=9685

Samurai
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Samurai »

Booty Call Dolls wrote:Guys misunderstanding....
DL2 posted that because WM cleaner spells like it.
Sadly, on another note, another HORROR story on an SM doll
Best,
Jeff

I have ordered some of Indigo's stain remover from Vendor MonAmour

Its worth a shot to see if any improvments can be made, i will report back with the results after i get the cream/paste and try it on this doll.

Just to note I have only used WM stain remover on this doll (and that's how it what you see happened, nothing else has been used/tried.

Cheers

Sam.. :glou:

Agalmatoreveur

Post by Agalmatoreveur »

Does the TPE stain remover work as a nice, safe make up remover when you want to change lipstick colours, etc?

MaxStilo

Post by MaxStilo »

Chuck Norris wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:04 pm Not sure exactly, but you can go to your local pharmacy and buy acne ointment with either 2.5 or 5% Benzoyl Peroxide. It does the same thing.
Thanks for the suggestion! Local store's acne ointment sounds like the better play from a cost efficiency perspective versus a marketed "TPE stain remover" product. Does the 2.5% or 5% Benzoyl Peroxide cause any damages to the TPE material?

MaxStilo

Post by MaxStilo »

maddmatter70 wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:09 pm I used acne cream to remove these stains......took 4 treatments
Amazing! Congrats on removing the stains! What material composition for lingerie should I be looking for?

FCD94
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by FCD94 »

MaxStilo wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 5:37 am
Chuck Norris wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:04 pm Not sure exactly, but you can go to your local pharmacy and buy acne ointment with either 2.5 or 5% Benzoyl Peroxide. It does the same thing.
Thanks for the suggestion! Local store's acne ointment sounds like the better play from a cost efficiency perspective versus a marketed "TPE stain remover" product. Does the 2.5% or 5% Benzoyl Peroxide cause any damages to the TPE material?
Use 10% benzoyl peroxide acne cream. Works fine. Apply a generous amount to the stained area and leave for 24-48hrs. Clean off with warm water and paper towel. Repeat process multiple times, or until stains are gone. When the stain has gone and the area is clean, gently wipe a little baby oil over the area, allow to dry, and powder with cornstarch.

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

The 10% benzoyl peroxide acne cream is pretty much the standard now for use as a safe and tested TPE stain remover. Multiple posts and threads here on TDF about it.
Also, look at the dates of the prior posts and the doll horror stories. They were way back in 2019. That was about a decade or so ago in doll years. :)

But first ... as always ... initially test on a hidden spot or the neck stump just to be sure.
Plus, what works perfectly on one type of doll might be a bit different on your exact model.
So again ... test ... see if it works OK ... and if OK then slater away.

Cheers!
... W ...
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

FCD94
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by FCD94 »

Wheezer wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:08 am The 10% benzoyl peroxide acne cream is pretty much the standard now for use as a safe and tested TPE stain remover. Multiple posts and threads here on TDF about it.
Also, look at the dates of the prior posts and the doll horror stories. They were way back in 2019. That was about a decade or so ago in doll years. :)

But first ... as always ... initially test on a hidden spot or the neck stump just to be sure.
Plus, what works perfectly on one type of doll might be a bit different on your exact model.
So again ... test ... see if it works OK ... and if OK then slater away.
Good point.

A more recent thread with this info is located here: viewtopic.php?p=1716735&hilit=so+you%27ve#p1716735

And the point about testing is true - now that you mention it someone did post about benzoyl peroxide possibly producing a yellowing effect on an especially pale corpse-white TPE skintone. All other types so far seem fine. Test it first, and do not get this ointment on anything you do not want to bleach (example: carpet, linen, clothing, eyes).

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

Good point ... if you want to repair a modern vehicle, then a discussion about a model T ford might not be too helpful.
The updated post link is much more relevant and up to date.

Never had (so far) stain issues like that, even on the bone white Pipers and some done with the ultra soft and white Japanese/Korean blend TPEs. But I don't want to tempt the TPE repair deities, so I still always test.

Also great final step stain remover for mold issues. Kill the nasty stuff but they leave behind their black marks, soft of like the stench which remains after ejecting a bad girlfriend. The acne cream does a great job of eliminating that. From what I have seen it appears to work by chemically lightening the stain (a bit) but more importantly allowing the offending color to migrate deeper into the TPE and diffuse in a much larger mass. Technically still there but sufficiently diffused into the TPE to be no longer noticeable.

Cheers!
... W ...
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

INFORMATIONS