Starpery.com

Do you know what kind of stain this is and how I can fix it?

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
j9999
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Do you know what kind of stain this is and how I can fix it?

Post by j9999 »

I have been very careful not to get any marks on my doll. But then I find a black smear behind her foot. I tried rubbing it out (no pun intended), but it stays. It's frustrating when you have no idea how something even happened. I am disabled and unfortunately can't even move her off the bed. So I can't imagine at all what could have made this stain. Picture attached. Can you tell what kind of stain it is? And what I might use on it, that won't cause any damage?
Attachments
01161907202.jpg
01161907202.jpg (346.36 KiB) Viewed 814 times
Vivian's man. PMs welcome.

skinnygamer

Re: Do you know what kind of stain this is and how I can fix

Post by skinnygamer »

Clothing/fabric stain? Did she rest against some dark material?
Could try baby oil or it may just fade out after a week or two.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

That'd be my guess as well. Looks like it's already started to fade. I'd just leave it. Probably disappear on it's own.

dollfun69
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by dollfun69 »

did she wore shoes? could be from the ankle leash?

Penny2017
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Penny2017 »

the stain can be removed by tpe doll stain remover, you can ask the doll's seller to provide it to you, I guess they can provide

Grubhed
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Grubhed »

Mr Franz wrote:That'd be my guess as well. Looks like it's already started to fade. I'd just leave it. Probably disappear on it's own.
As someone who has had extremely bad luck when trying different methods of stain removal, I whole-heartedly agree with this approach. I have two dolls. One of the dolls, removers work just as intended. The other was a heartbreak in trial and error. I tried all of the cheap home remedies and when that failed, sometimes making it worse, I tried more expensive quality removers that had the same results. This appears to be a fabric caused stain and they always fade over time. Because it is an isolated stain, I don't think it was caused by what she was wearing. More likely she was lying on, or otherwise pressed against something that caused it. It just requires patience. If you lack patience and want to try some other method to remove it, test it first in some area that is less noticeable. Such as bottom of the foot or top of the head under the wig.

Good luck,
Grubhed
Missy JY150 link
Nomi SM150
Lana JY140

INFORMATIONS