Starpery.com

Best DIY hanging systems for a doll

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
telli777

Best DIY hanging systems for a doll

Post by telli777 »

Hello everyone,

I ordered a doll this past Week as the sales were very impressive. Had really no intention of doing so so now i'm trying to get ready. I know i have some time tho. Im planning to stand my doll for storage, it's the best option as i'm in an apartment and space is limited. I REALLY dont want to spend the $100+ for a hanging suspension system offered by some of the vendors. I remember somewhere reading about a cheap and effective system someone had...Indigo maybe. But i cant find that post.

What do you guys do to stand your dolls and does anyone have a good method of making a cheap hook suspension system?

If anyone has any idea of the post im talking about pls link it.

Thanks Muchly.

Maviarab
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Re: Best DIY hanging systems for a doll

Post by Maviarab »

Saw a thread recently (can't for the life of me think what it was though) where a guy made his own with bits of 2x2 and a rolling floor trolley. Was quite impressive. If I come across it again I'll link it back to you.

if you're handy with your hands (pun not terribly intended heh) then a simple 'gallows type' structure shouldn't be too hard to throw together. 2x Legs and a top etc...make sure is stable..screw into middle of top joist etc...you get the idea...

I guess really only limited by costs, imagination and practical skills.

INFORMATIONS