Starpery.com

WM Doll Finger Wire Replacement

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
b-man
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

WM Doll Finger Wire Replacement

Post by b-man »

Hi, I'm sure most everyone with a WM doll has experienced problems with the finger wires coming loose from the knuckles and poking through the ends of the fingers. I found a video that has a solution for that. I attempted it with Arianna, it worked pretty well, though, I'm still having issues with closing up the skin on her hand cleanly,(a work in progress). I do like the design of the hand skeleton, mostly because of the rounded ends,(less likely to poke through the ends IMO). Here's the link to the youtube video for anyone who's interested. I'll post pics of Arianna's hands if and when I get a handle on smoothing out the cut. B~M
"I'm always in bed by eight and home by eleven"-Glen Quagmire

Rock13
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Re: WM Doll Finger Wire Replacement

Post by Rock13 »

TFM has some awesome channels. I remember watching this one when he posted it. I think he'd do well to join TDF and it would probably be better for Celestina as well.
Hadleigh is a fair-skinned WM163C/#188, Harper (#124) is a medium toned WM164D, Kendall is a fair-skinned 163C/#398. All via RLSD.

Link to Hadleigh's photo thread

Link to Harper's photo thread

Link to Kendall's photo thread

Link to the H2K Ranch

b-man
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: WM Doll Finger Wire Replacement

Post by b-man »

Here are some photos of What I've accomplished so far with Ari. I ordered the repair kit from Realistic Love Dolls which was supposed to contain two bottles of adhesive, a piece of TPE, and some toothpicks, but, all I got was the adhesive. I raised a little hell about that and they agreed to send me the rest, (it's being sent via the Chinese mail service, and they call the USPS snail mail! It took two weeks to get what they sent me).
This first one shows the improved finger articulation, (I hope I'm using that word in the right context).
Ari's New Fingers 01.jpg
Ari's New Fingers 01.jpg (92.07 KiB) Viewed 670 times
This one also shows the improved articulation, it also shows I need to work on my posing techniques. :oops:
Ari's New Fingers 02.jpg
Ari's New Fingers 02.jpg (100.23 KiB) Viewed 670 times
Here I'm demonstrating how she can grip objects again, (an ability she lost when her wires detached)
Ari's New Fingers 03.jpg
Ari's New Fingers 03.jpg (95.52 KiB) Viewed 670 times
This one shows the bad closing job, (I'm hoping when the TPE piece arrives I can fix that :oops: )
Ari's New Fingers 04.jpg
Ari's New Fingers 04.jpg (92.14 KiB) Viewed 670 times
Of course, I can always edit all that out with the content aware filter in Photoshop.
Attachments
Ari's New Fingers 05.jpg
Ari's New Fingers 05.jpg (91.96 KiB) Viewed 670 times
"I'm always in bed by eight and home by eleven"-Glen Quagmire

INFORMATIONS