Starpery.com

How do you guys clean ur tpe doll heads?

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
smallcat
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

How do you guys clean ur tpe doll heads?

Post by smallcat »

I been wanting to ask this for a while but how do you guys go about it? with soap / rag then dust her? do you guys wipe off the premade make up with soap and water as well when first arrives? eye brows and such? I really don't like to ruin the make up or make a mess of it. Some doll heads I havent bothered wipe, only dust.

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: How do you guys clean ur tpe doll heads?

Post by Arthur1960 »

I avoid washing my gals heads, I use makeup brushes to keep dust off and if they look a little dirty I just use baby oil to freshen them up. Obviously that can take off makeup but it's easily reapplied once you get the hang of it.

smallcat
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by smallcat »

Arthur1960 wrote:I avoid washing my gals heads, I use makeup brushes to keep dust off and if they look a little dirty I just use baby oil to freshen them up. Obviously that can take off makeup but it's easily reapplied once you get the hang of it.
ah I see, so completely avoid? I'll dab the back/top but not face tho. Like lipstick can be oily for example, can smear like hell, considering its tpe... what a mess. Baby oil tends to get rid the lipstick well.

I rarely oil mine, its like they don't really need it.

And thanks. :)

browneyecricket

Post by browneyecricket »

I clean the oral cavity with a soft bore mop made for cleaning the bore of shotguns. Not too much water just moisten the mop. Then insert an a small aquarium air pump tube to dry the orifice.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

I just blot with a damp cloth as needed and spot clean with baby oil. Occasionally I'll lightly dust with whatever's left over on the make-up brush after powdering the body, being careful to avoid the lashes, but that's about it. Don't use the oral feature, but every so often I do apply a thin film of Vaseline inside just to keep it from drying out.

ZannyDanger
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by ZannyDanger »

Mr Franz wrote:I just blot with a damp cloth as needed and spot clean with baby oil. Occasionally I'll lightly dust with whatever's left over on the make-up brush after powdering the body, being careful to avoid the lashes, but that's about it. Don't use the oral feature, but every so often I do apply a thin film of Vaseline inside just to keep it from drying out.

This is very close to what i do as well :thumbs_up:

Once in a while for a deep cleanse i'll put some baby oil in a small soft sponge square (cut for this purpose like a makeup remover pad) and just gently remove all the makeup/dust/powder from her face. The oiled sponge piece really picks everything up wonderfully. Then i'll wipe the remaining oil off with a damp soft cloth, that way she only gets to absorb very minimal amounts of oil.

Let dry for about 10 minutes, then you can have your fun powdering and doing her makeup again. Boom, like new! :D

Alternatively you can be careful not to remove her makeup, but it is something i enjoy doing anyway 8)

INFORMATIONS