Starpery.com

Changing skin color

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Jim Bob

Changing skin color

Post by Jim Bob »

Hello. New member here. I decided to buy a TPE love doll on amazon. The one pictured looked very similar to Crissy from the RLSD website. However when it arrived it had much darker skin. The seller will not accept a return so it seems that I am stuck with it.

I was wondering if anyone here has successfully lightened the skin on their doll and if so, how would i go about doing this?

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Changing skin color

Post by Mr Franz »

I know of no way to permanently do that as the coloring agents are added to the TPE itself prior to molding. It's not just a surface treatment. However, powdering does tend to lighten the appearance a bit.

That said, if the doll is not as advertised, you can always file a complaint with Amazon to get your money back.

Dollpimp2018
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Dollpimp2018 »

You can try two things, one is make up to correct the skin tone a little. Makeup can be removed and will fade over time. A more permanent option that I tested on the nipples of one of my dolls and that is holding well, is using artist oil paints, I used baby oil to dilute the paint, it takes a while to dry, but once dry is permanent, the TPE absorbs it well. I just used it for nipples, but I guess you could do a whole doll. :)
PipeDream Kitty Unboxing Video https://vimeo.com/308222911
IronTech Victoria Unboxing Video https://vimeo.com/305089873
AmorDoll Bianca Unboxing Video https://vimeo.com/298682320

DexterQuest
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by DexterQuest »

I have the same problem. 3 of my dolls are too dark, but I'm only going to fix one of them. Dollpimp is right. The only thing that really works is oil paint. I tried many tests on tpe blocks.

Oil paint takes over a month to cure ("dry"). Painting a whole doll is going to be a process. I've been delaying it for many months and won't get to it until February. When the process is done, she will be a display model only. I think she could still be used, but I have others of the same body for that.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Just curious, if you paint an entire doll, wouldn't that adversely affect future maintenance? Washing, oiling, powdering and so forth. Not to mention any needed repairs...

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

No oil paint. Use a ligter powder instead. Wash the doll with a baby oil than use a wetnap to clean that off do this in sections. Apply cosmetic powder to each area at a time. Use a big powder brush. Hope that helps. I have no idea how long that will last
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

INFORMATIONS