Starpery.com

Jess gets a nipple job.

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Dollyman25442
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Jess gets a nipple job.

Post by Dollyman25442 »

nicvncnt wrote:
Dollyman25442 wrote:I'm doing the exact same thing!
Your molds look great. It's a simple technique with not much to go wrong but you may need to experiment some with color.
Thanks for the input!
Question-when using Humbrol (and I had previously planned on using Ecoflex 00-10 from Smooth-on) what ratio was required to get a chunk of tpe too melt so it could be poured into your mold?
Also, I was thinking of using either "Body Color" or Permetex Flowable Silicone Windshield Sealant (well known and safe with tpe) as an adhesive as I wanted something that could be removable.
What's your thoughts on that?

Zippy81
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Zippy81 »

:thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: genius man! great work. :) and thanks for SHARING!!! :)

nicvncnt
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by nicvncnt »

Dollyman25442 wrote:
nicvncnt wrote:
Dollyman25442 wrote:I'm doing the exact same thing!
Your molds look great. It's a simple technique with not much to go wrong but you may need to experiment some with color.
Thanks for the input!
Question-when using Humbrol (and I had previously planned on using Ecoflex 00-10 from Smooth-on) what ratio was required to get a chunk of tpe too melt so it could be poured into your mold?
Also, I was thinking of using either "Body Color" or Permetex Flowable Silicone Windshield Sealant (well known and safe with tpe) as an adhesive as I wanted something that could be removable.
What's your thoughts on that?
I can't give you figures for a ratio, but you need quite a lot of Humbrol both to get the TPE dissolved and to get it runny enough to pour into the mold. If you use too much just leave the TPE solution to stand for a few hours while some solvent evaporates. I would say the final consistency should be about like clear honey.

You can use Humbrol as the adhesive - it will hold the new nipples in place semi-permanently but they can still be gently peeled away. You can also use the factory supplied TPE solvent the same way.

Hope this helps you some - looking forward to seeing your finished nipples.

Dollyman25442
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Dollyman25442 »

While I'm committed to creating my own, I have to admit, Amazon had some that are quite nice and nicely large (3 1/8" as a selection option).
For those who would rather just buy a set.
Note-if you get silicone nipples, best to use an adhesive that will serve as a blocker to the tpe. Something like Permatex Silicone Flowable Windshield Sealant (known to be safe with tpe) or Body color through Grimreefer (her on tdf).
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LW6W43C/?c ... th=1&psc=1

nicvncnt
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by nicvncnt »

Dollyman25442 wrote:While I'm committed to creating my own, I have to admit, Amazon had some that are quite nice and nicely large (3 1/8" as a selection option).
For those who would rather just buy a set.
Note-if you get silicone nipples, best to use an adhesive that will serve as a blocker to the tpe. Something like Permatex Silicone Flowable Windshield Sealant (known to be safe with tpe) or Body color through Grimreefer (her on tdf).
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LW6W43C/?c ... th=1&psc=1
Thanks for the interesting link. I took a look but I'm not tempted. If I had a silicone doll then maybe I would but $50+ for nipples that don't look any better than you can make at home for pennies and might react badly with the TPE? I also noted the customer comments that the colours are not always as advertised.

Dollyman25442
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Dollyman25442 »

I got the mold finished today but instantly hit a road block :-(
How the heck can I seal the plaster of paris? I tried shooting a clear acrylic clear onto it and it just sucks it right in without doing any kind of sealing. I need to make it shiny so I can pour tpe into it and be able to de-mold.
Any ideas?
P1010675.JPG
P1010675.JPG (1.64 MiB) Viewed 1109 times

nicvncnt
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by nicvncnt »

Dollyman25442 wrote:I got the mold finished today but instantly hit a road block :-(
How the heck can I seal the plaster of paris? I tried shooting a clear acrylic clear onto it and it just sucks it right in without doing any kind of sealing. I need to make it shiny so I can pour tpe into it and be able to de-mold.
Any ideas?
I use vaseline as the sealant and release agent.

Dollyman25442
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Dollyman25442 »

nicvncnt wrote:
Dollyman25442 wrote:I got the mold finished today but instantly hit a road block :-(
Any ideas?
After having read some stuff, I've decided to coat it in resin. This should mean I won't have to use release agents in the future.
Btw, Grimreefer advised me that Xylene would melt the tpe and in my experiment last night it does seem like it will but kinda slow. In retrospect I think the tpe needs to be cut up into little teeny weeny pieces rathewr than a chunk?
Also, I had read that Permetex Flowable Silicone Windshield sealant could be colorized with Behr acrylic paint but that doesn't seem the case with chemically melted tpe. Other than "Body Color" can you suggest a method for colorizing tpe?
Thanks in advance!

nicvncnt
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by nicvncnt »

Dollyman25442 wrote:
nicvncnt wrote:
Any ideas?
After having read some stuff, I've decided to coat it in resin. This should mean I won't have to use release agents in the future.
Btw, Grimreefer advised me that Xylene would melt the tpe and in my experiment last night it does seem like it will but kinda slow. In retrospect I think the tpe needs to be cut up into little teeny weeny pieces rathewr than a chunk?
Also, I had read that Permetex Flowable Silicone Windshield sealant could be colorized with Behr acrylic paint but that doesn't seem the case with chemically melted tpe. Other than "Body Color" can you suggest a method for colorizing tpe?
Thanks in advance!
I use eyeshadow powder for the colour.

The TPE does melt a lot faster if you cut it up into small pieces but I would still leave it for a full day after adding the solvent to get a completely smooth consistency, maybe mixing it up 2 or 3 times while it's melting. There are lots of solvents you could use, the reason I use Humbrol is because I always have it around for my model making and I know it's a safe product.

Dollyman25442
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Dollyman25442 »

nicvncnt wrote:
Dollyman25442 wrote:
nicvncnt wrote:
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance!
I use eyeshadow powder for the colour.

The TPE does melt a lot faster if you cut it up into small pieces but I would still leave it for a full day after adding the solvent to get a completely smooth consistency, maybe mixing it up 2 or 3 times while it's melting. There are lots of solvents you could use, the reason I use Humbrol is because I always have it around for my model making and I know it's a safe product.
Great tip! Thanks for that.
Any particular brand, or type?

Rock13
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Rock13 »

Nice work! They look really great. (Dig the Lancaster print, too!)
Hadleigh is a fair-skinned WM163C/#188, Harper (#124) is a medium toned WM164D, Kendall is a fair-skinned 163C/#398. All via RLSD.

Link to Hadleigh's photo thread

Link to Harper's photo thread

Link to Kendall's photo thread

Link to the H2K Ranch

nicvncnt
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by nicvncnt »

Dollyman25442 wrote:Any particular brand, or type?
I'm sure any brand would be fine. :)
Rock13 wrote:Nice work! They look really great. (Dig the Lancaster print, too!)
Glad you lilke it!

BigPapaPerv
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by BigPapaPerv »

Could you use this technique to put larger nipples on a doll?

Dollyman25442
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Dollyman25442 »

BigPapaPerv wrote:Could you use this technique to put larger nipples on a doll?
That's certainly my goal :-)
Molds complete and ready to cast!
P1010683.JPG
P1010683.JPG (1.79 MiB) Viewed 1024 times

scottschaos
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by scottschaos »

Has anyone tried this with silicone? I'd like to try it on my Z-One Teagan.

INFORMATIONS