Starpery.com

Where to find Silicone Repair Kits?

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
persontheguy

Where to find Silicone Repair Kits?

Post by persontheguy »

Hi All,
As the title says, I'm looking for silicone repair kits so that I can fix my doll's vag. Basically, the plug inside her coot is disconnecting from the sides and I'd like to reattach it. Thank you
Signatures are overrated.

Hartmudt

Re: Where to find Silicone Repair Kits?

Post by Hartmudt »

This is my article about repairing a silicone doll, which was published at Coeros:
https://www.coeros.com/how-to-repair-a- ... -sex-doll/

Various repairs are described here. In any case, you will need Sil-Proxy, gloves and something to apply it with. Brushes are recommended, but you can also use other things for application.

Maybe this will help you.

Greetings Hartmudt
Akeno & Rica - Eye candy! : viewtopic.php?p=2488189#p2488189
Emilie - Eye candy! : viewtopic.php?p=2528852#p2528852
Say hello to Lisa : viewtopic.php?p=2503927#p2503927

Reviews & unboxing:
An honest review - IROKEBIJIN 147cm - : viewtopic.php?t=172121

katiesBoyfriend
Doll Elder
Doll Elder
Location: Western spiral arm of the Milky Way galaxy, out near the outskirts of the Laniakea supercluster

Post by katiesBoyfriend »

Hartmudt wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:45 am This is my article about repairing a silicone doll, which was published at Coeros:

Various repairs are described here. In any case, you will need Sil-Proxy, gloves and something to apply it with. Brushes are recommended, but you can also use other things for application.

Greetings Hartmudt
I use an artist's palette knife for applying it. For small holes, a piece of leftover plastic like what's used on some cotton swabs works nicely.

As for sources of Sil-Poxy, try art supply stores or even Amazon.
"A man has to be what he is, Joey. Can't break the mould. I tried it and it didn't work for me." Alan Ladd, Shane
"The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity." Harlan Ellison
"Dad says that anyone who can't use a slide rule is a cultural illiterate and should not be allowed to vote. Mine is a beauty--a K&E 20-inch Log-log Duplex Decitrig." Robert Heinlein

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

Oh God, plead don't use Silpoxy inside a dolls vag. Silpoxy is the best silicone adhesive, true, but it dries hard, turning her vag into a cheese grater.

I have been having good luck with a Chinese silicone I bought on Amazon.
20240109_102411.jpg
20240109_102411.jpg (2.9 MiB) Viewed 117 times
It is firmer than my dolls silicone, but still soft. And being tinted if just a bonus.
Do multiple thin applications, letting it get tacky (not dry) between layers.

If you want to stay with a smooth-on product (Silpoxy is made by smooth-on) then go with their Psycho-paint product. It is designed to stick to previously cured silicone and remains flexible.

Reverend Jack
Reverend Jacks Roamin' Cadillac Sex Doll Repair. Roamin' the land fixin' dollies and handing out salvation from the back of his Cadillac.

ALSO TRY Reverend Jack's Anointed Snake Oil, good for cleansing stains from the body and the Soul! Step right up folks, only $5 a bottle! We got plenty to go around! Cash only please.

Aibei 158 Blue Elf, AS 157, XES 128, OR 156G, WM 160C (r), Sanhui 168 (r), WM 157B, WM 138D (Faun), Mistress 168 (r), 6YE 100 (Bubbles)

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

Hartmudt wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:45 am This is my article about repairing a silicone doll, which was published at Coeros:

Greetings Hartmudt
Yeah, I have a few problems with that post. Enough problems for me to label it as spam.

The name of the product is wrong, Smooth-on's product is SilPoxy.

Silpoxy is not sold in a bottle like is shown, it is in a metal tube. That is a generic nail polish bottle with some bogus white paper label stuck to it. Same way Chinese scammers sell "TPE Glue".

Silpoxy does not come in two formulas, thin and thick. There is only one SilPoxy.

You do not use Silpoxy to fill in holes and gaps in silicone, it is a silicone glue, a silicone epoxy (get the name now?) that is for gluing two surfaces together. It cures much harder than silicone so it is of no use as a "filler".

I could go on, but I think I'll stop here.

Reverend Jack
Reverend Jacks Roamin' Cadillac Sex Doll Repair. Roamin' the land fixin' dollies and handing out salvation from the back of his Cadillac.

ALSO TRY Reverend Jack's Anointed Snake Oil, good for cleansing stains from the body and the Soul! Step right up folks, only $5 a bottle! We got plenty to go around! Cash only please.

Aibei 158 Blue Elf, AS 157, XES 128, OR 156G, WM 160C (r), Sanhui 168 (r), WM 157B, WM 138D (Faun), Mistress 168 (r), 6YE 100 (Bubbles)

Hartmudt

Post by Hartmudt »

RevJack wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:39 am

Greetings Hartmudt
Yeah, I have a few problems with that post. Enough problems for me to label it as spam.

The name of the product is wrong, Smooth-on's product is SilPoxy.

Silpoxy is not sold in a bottle like is shown, it is in a metal tube. That is a generic nail polish bottle with some bogus white paper label stuck to it. Same way Chinese scammers sell "TPE Glue".

Silpoxy does not come in two formulas, thin and thick. There is only one SilPoxy.

You do not use Silpoxy to fill in holes and gaps in silicone, it is a silicone glue, a silicone epoxy (get the name now?) that is for gluing two surfaces together. It cures much harder than silicone so it is of no use as a "filler".

I could go on, but I think I'll stop here.

Reverend Jack
Thank you for your feedback. I used Silpoxy for the repair. I had it in a metal tube, as described above. I wrote the review independently and not exclusively for Coeros but primarily for myself and the forum members.

Coeros changed the article slightly and added this product image which you described as a nail polish bottle. As far as I know, this is only a placeholder.

I don't know exactly what is bothering you. I didn't use Silpoxy as a "filler", but rather to bond/glue surfaces together. A crack in the thigh and the fingers.

What you probably mean is the crack in the crook of the arm. Here you could get the impression that I only used the Silpoxy on the surface. However, the report has been shortened. Originally this area was also torn and I first worked on the tear and glued it together.

Ultimately, this article is only intended to show that it is also possible to repair a silicone mannequin.

If you have more extensive techniques and experience, please share them instead of getting upset about the article.

Greetings
Akeno & Rica - Eye candy! : viewtopic.php?p=2488189#p2488189
Emilie - Eye candy! : viewtopic.php?p=2528852#p2528852
Say hello to Lisa : viewtopic.php?p=2503927#p2503927

Reviews & unboxing:
An honest review - IROKEBIJIN 147cm - : viewtopic.php?t=172121

INFORMATIONS