Starpery.com

Emergency repair

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Chris98king

Emergency repair

Post by Chris98king »

It's not really an emergency but my baby has poke throughs on the elbows because the wrap is gone I was wondering what I could use as a replacement wrap and the best glue for it I was thinking fiberglass mesh is fairly tough if I put that under tpe if it would work as a patch in the skeleton wrap so the elbows don't like through. I haven't washed her because I don't want to get water on the skeleton. Also she has some rough patches what's the best way to smooth them out and get them cleaned up before hand?

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Emergency repair

Post by Arthur1960 »

Hi there, I have a gal with a loose elbow joint and at some point soon I plan to open up the elbow and tighten the joint. I had already decided to use some crepe bandage that I have to wrap around the joint before I seal it up, it's more or less similar to what was originally used and won't interact with the tpe whereas I'm not so sure about fiberglass? As for rough areas and minor cuts on the tpe, I've recently got a hot air rework station and it does the job very well. Check out Mishka's video about how to do it to get a nice repair.

Chris98king

Post by Chris98king »

Okay thanks

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

Cheesecloth intead of fiberglass mesh. More flex to it than fiberglass.

You can find cheesecloth at a dollar store, or in paint section, Walmart. it's like gauze. I did a test with TPE paste with cheesecloth. It was an accident really.

Been playing with TPE body color and strained the liquid TPE using cheesecloth. TPE bonds real well to it :)

Here's a video I did.... (Plug Plug) :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5T5QpeEJCU&t=17s

I've been playing around alot with different tests. Just having some fun is all. So have made some dumb videos, documenting my weird wild ideas LOL

INFORMATIONS