Starpery.com

Tpe glue in Canada

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Fraz

Tpe glue in Canada

Post by Fraz »

Hey all,

Does anyone know if tpe glue can be shipped to Canada or is there a cdn site where I can buy some? I have a few cuts that are getting worse. Thanks,

Fraz

RGC_0767
Former Member

Re: Tpe glue in Canada

Post by RGC_0767 »

Go-M Doll is out of Quebec. They may be able to help you.
Just know it could run you about 50 bucks for a few tablespoons of the stuff. I've made cut repairs with heat. Many here have made successful repairs without "glue"
It's a solvent and is quite damaging if used improperly.
Of course heat can do damage as well.

But ask Go-M. they're on the site here.

But if the cuts are small and not deep, have a look at Mishka's video. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=101220

A hot air station will run you about the same price as glue. You are in Canada, same as me. Buying from US now is too pricey.
with dollar and shipping. I priced some "glue" vendor's price for glue was 8 bucks and shipping was 28 bucks US. No thanks. be 48 bucks for a tiny bottle of "glue" where Xylene works just as well. Pure Xylene is what I was lucky enough to get. (Canadian Tire) bro.... "Recochem" Xylene. Composition is 100% However, each TPE blend will react different, it does work on my doll, but I prefer using heat. Less unpredictable. For vaginal tears, "glue" would be a waste of money and time.

Hot air SMD will last you longer and will pay for itself with a couple uses. Good for other jobs as well.
SMD was 60 bucks an it's been handy.
I bought mine from a seller on ebay in Toronto. It's not top of line, but has done jobs ok.

grimreefer24601

Post by grimreefer24601 »

I send BodyColor² to Canada. It's a solvent coloring system for TPE. TPE glue should ship fine also. I've placed an order for some TPE glue and Stain Remover from Jinsan (WM,YL,OR), but it's probably going to be after the Doll Meet that I'm able to offer them on my website.

Randomdeal
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Randomdeal »

Hi Folks,
I'm new to this maintenance stuf but could a heat gun do the same as a hot air station. What is the optimal temperature to get TPE to be workable?

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

Randomdeal wrote:Hi Folks,
I'm new to this maintenance stuf but could a heat gun do the same as a hot air station. What is the optimal temperature to get TPE to be workable?
Refer to this video by Mishka. He uses a heat gun. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=101220

A solder rework station would be more suitable, since there is more control to heat and airflow. Hot air does a very nice job cleaning up surfaces and shallow wounds.
If it works it not wrong.
:)

Lower temperatures, 100C for example are slower to give the surface that sheen, but is safer on your doll.
My doll I can go from 130c to 150c without too much trouble. All depends on the area being treated. In areas under tension like the groin, lowest temp is best
100 to 120c

grimreefer24601

Post by grimreefer24601 »

I got my order form Jinsan. I now have TPE Solvent on my website. I can ship to Canada. I'm charging $14.95 a bottle. To Canada shipping is going to be $15 for 1 bottle. You could get two, or add a bottle of BodyColor² for the same shipping. I've also got Jinsan Stain Remover.

INFORMATIONS