Starpery.com

Need help! Used wrong baby powder...

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Need help! Used wrong baby powder...

Post by Mr Franz »

Chuck Norris wrote:
Mr Franz wrote:I oil mine every 3 months or so. WM125 less than a year old. Never had any oil leeching issues at all.
/Sigh! Really Mr Franz? Never leech oil? Damn! Guess I will go with WM for my next one. Mine is an AS and stain the place all over
Yeah, really.... The only time I noticed any oil seepage was when I 1st got her. I opened the box and unpacked everything, but I was in the middle of something else so I just sat her back in the box atop that pink blanket they send. Well, that ended up being overnight. The next morning there was a tiny grease stain maybe the size of a quarter inside the box where one of her arms touched. Since then, nothing. Not in shoes, socks, clothing or underwear.

targan
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by targan »

Thanks, will try to stick with one time per month baby oil cleaning, and in the meantime just powder her with cornstarsh. Mine is a TPE doll, bought from www.dollsclub.com in Germany, that's all the info I have, never had any oil leakages from her for the short time I owned her (10 days)

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

Chuck Norris wrote:
Mr Franz wrote:I oil mine every 3 months or so. WM125 less than a year old. Never had any oil leeching issues at all.
/Sigh! Really Mr Franz? Never leech oil? Damn! Guess I will go with WM for my next one. Mine is an AS and stain the place all over
This is happening after 3 months. serious?

Maybe get some of that brown package paper they sell at DollaRama. and wrap her up in it. suck out some of that oil. wrap arms legs, body..
:lol:
Me and my crazy ideas... be neat to see if it would help.
Been said cardboard really absorbs the oils, so why wouldn't thin paper?

proximoz7
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by proximoz7 »

Woooooow Chuck! That's crazy!

My WM doll only had minor oil leeching the first week. It amounted to what looked like a sweat spot on the sheets where she was laying the whole week. Not wet to the touch, or detectable other than just a shade darker. I almost didn't even notice it.

I really regret not having a pic of it...

CherryChew
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by CherryChew »

First time forum member here. Have never thought of, or used cornstarch. I will try it next cleaning. I've baby powdered mine when dry and found it to work well. I agree if not totally dry it can cause streaking or very light patches that look like dry skin. a good cleaning of the surface and letting it dry I have found to be the best method. From what i've been reading in the forums, it appears I also need a better brush/applicator for the baby powder dusting. I find slapping it all over with a soft face cloth full of baby powder, while fun, it isn't cutting it. too much baby powder residue.

thanks y'all. these forums are terrific. I wish i found this when I bought my doll 3 yrs ago.

grimreefer24601

Post by grimreefer24601 »

TPE sweats oil. I get all kinds of new TPE products and they all sweat oil. My main supplier for TPE products is Jinsan (WM, YL, OR). I can not set any TPE product on any surface that I'm not prepared for it to sweat on. Especially oil absorbent surfaces like paper or cardboard. Even through the muslin bags I get most of these products in.

Talcum Powder is %100 fine for you and your doll. There is no asbestos in Talcum powder. Those lines are likely from excess oil from the factory that was not completely washed off.

Broven
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Broven »

My WM hasn't really had leaching problems either. When I first got her she leaked oil very slightly for the first week or two. Not nearly so bad as the image you show there though, CN. I mistakenly oiled her right away, so I suspect that was the cause. Now I only oil her every 3 or 4 months, if that. Though I do spot clean her with baby oil more often.

"You're my blue sky. You're my sunny day." - Dickey Betts

Anna Marie and Friends (Thindoll 162A-36)
February 2019 Coverdoll photo shoot

INFORMATIONS