Starpery.com

Question regarding soldering iron

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
MrVitalic
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Question regarding soldering iron

Post by MrVitalic »

Hi my doll is about a month and a half old. Shes a wm157b with built in vagina. I got a lot of use with her, maybe too much. She started to split a little on the two lower love hole. Its not bad but I want to fix her as soon as I can to prevent future damage ( she will obviously re-tear but I imagine that if I do a lot of preventive repair she will last longer)

So to repair a small tear, should I pinch the area then melt the tpe with my iron set to 100degC ? Or is there a magical trick that I dont know yet ? Thx
Dolls are awesome ! :glou:

- Marianne wm157b/head 159 from BCD ❤❤❤

Favorite song or mix atm, this change in a heartbeat.

The Romantic
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Question regarding soldering iron

Post by The Romantic »

In my opinion, yes heat is the best way to repair those area's. But man, you gotta be careful.

I'd start here:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=101220
"Romance is the glamour which turns the dust of everyday life into a golden haze."

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

Been there... been doing this repair since last week. (well, solder iron work anyway) :)
Have gone from this....
busted-up-Vag.jpg
To this...
Left-Vag-ok.jpg
Have been layering small pieces of TPE in to strengthen and fill
Solder iron only used so far... A beast of a homemade tip. Works for me... LOL
Left side is done for the most part, onto the right I go.
Solder-Iron-Tweak..jpg
Laugh if you will, but this works fantastic. No burning or smoking... and results are quite good.
Can bend the wire to any angle as well.

Patience is a big factor.

Mineral oil soak area to melt.. and delicate touch to that area. If material is missing from the area you want to fix, snip some from the top of the neck, around the bolt... we can fix that later. A small slice will go quite a ways to use as a filler. Don't cut a big hunk.

In your case, you might want to add some in for strength.
Make sure the split is in relaxed condition before working. Make sure there is no dirt or any powder. Clean as possible. Mineral oil is our friend when it comes to these heat repairs. It not only helps to clean the area where we are working, but also, helps prevent tools from sticking to the TPE.
In the case of your tear, yes, you want to pinch a little to fuse it back together but would suggest adding TPE to both sides of tear, before doing that. Maybe 1 MM tops of material each side.

If your iron is too hot, the split will get bigger. will just vaporize material :)

Shoot us a pic of your tear...

MrVitalic
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by MrVitalic »

Ok thank you both. Never thought of wrapping a wire around my soldering iron. I only have a 30w iron that is painfull to use to do real electronic repair (I usualy borrow a soldering station at my work place) but I think it will be good for tpe repair.

I will try to tackle the job next week end. Of course, she is not ruined. I better make some little fix on the way then have to do a whole make over in a year or two.

MrVitalic
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by MrVitalic »

And you did a pretty decent job RGC_0767, congrats!!

MrVitalic
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by MrVitalic »

And , IF at that rate, I had only sex with her once a week, she would look like that a whole year after purchase, not a month an a half...

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

MrVitalic wrote:Ok thank you both. Never thought of wrapping a wire around my soldering iron. I only have a 30w iron that is painfull to use to do real electronic repair (I usualy borrow a soldering station at my work place) but I think it will be good for tpe repair.

I will try to tackle the job next week end. Of course, she is not ruined. I better make some little fix on the way then have to do a whole make over in a year or two.
Weapons of choice to fix this would be both an iron and hot air. For the one with material loss, an iron would fill the gaps nice. Even hot air would work too. Hot air works amazing for surface smoothing/blending. Even small cuts.
An Iron would get deeper down.
You'll definitely want a bit of extra TPE to fill those holes. Esp. on the bottom of bum hole.

Is the vagina the same color as the rest of doll, or is it makeup? You'll want to remove makeup before applying any heat. Any foreign material, any little specks that get into the molten TPE will create air pockets/bubbles. Causing weakness in the repair.

Your doll is actually in good shape, and repairing that should go fairly smooth. You'll definitely get it looking much better. Try to repair a very small area, and see how it goes. Just to get the feel for it.
Don't have her legs/vagina wide open. Just enough where you can work on it easy.

I use the wire thing basically because it's too hot just using the tip. Just burns holes.
So the copper wire I can take my time on the surface of TPE and it wont burn it instantly. :) Tip of wire is not as hot as tip of iron. It measures on an IR thermometer about 150c Thats what I run my hot air station at as well. Your doll may differ though.
So start low and work up in temperature.

MrVitalic
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by MrVitalic »

RGC_0767 wrote: Weapons of choice to fix this would be both an iron and hot air. For the one with material loss, an iron would fill the gaps nice. Even hot air would work too. Hot air works amazing for surface smoothing/blending. Even small cuts.
You'll definitely want a bit of extra TPE to fill those holes. Esp. on the bottom of bum hole.

Is the vagina the same color as the rest of doll, or is it makeup? You'll want to remove makeup before applying any heat. Any foreign material, any little specks that get into the molten TPE will create air pockets/bubbles. Causing weakness in the repair.

Your doll is actually in good shape, and repairing that should go fairly smooth. You'll definitely get it looking much better. Try to repair a very small area, and see how it goes. Just to get the feel for it.
Don't have her legs/vagina wide open. Just enough where you can work on it easy.

I use the wire thing basically because it's too hot just using the tip. Just burns holes.
So the copper wire I can take my time on the surface of TPE and it wont burn it instantly. :) Tip of wire is not as hot as tip of iron. It measures on an IR thermometer about 150c Thats what I run my hot air station at as well. Your doll may differ though.

Ok thank you very much. For the labia color I used a sharpie pen. It last a very long time and can be blended with mineral oil, same for the lips. I dont think the color will give me issue, and I will work, as suggested, on a small area to get the feel of it. Good night!

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

MrVitalic wrote:
RGC_0767 wrote: Weapons of choice to fix this would be both an iron and hot air. For the one with material loss, an iron would fill the gaps nice. Even hot air would work too. Hot air works amazing for surface smoothing/blending. Even small cuts.

Ok thank you very much. For the labia color I used a sharpie pen. It last a very long time and can be blended with mineral oil, same for the lips. I dont think the color will give me issue, and I will work, as suggested, on a small area to get the feel of it. Good night!
I may have to give the sharpie a try once I get the vag all done. weird, I was looking at sharpie markers the other day, I did not buy them :) Colors in pack were not what I'd use.

MrVitalic
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by MrVitalic »

About the sharpie, I use the pink from the 'electro pop' color pack. It also contain a nice baby blue pen. After applying before it get completly dry the edge of the lip will look to much define so smooth it with your finger and baby oil. And to avoid her looking like a clown, check out some girl lip tutorial especialy for the lower lip. Anyway its quite easy to do and fun too !

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

MrVitalic wrote:About the sharpie, I use the pink from the 'electro pop' color pack. It also contain a nice baby blue pen. After applying before it get completly dry the edge of the lip will look to much define so smooth it with your finger and baby oil. And to avoid her looking like a clown, check out some girl lip tutorial especialy for the lower lip. Anyway its quite easy to do and fun too !
My lack of artistic talent. I would end up having a female doll clown using sharpie markers :)

One thing I did forget to mention about soldering iron tips. It is best to keep the tip as clean as possible. I just use a bit of cloth soaked in mineral oil, and wipe tip off after each time I do some melting of the TPE.
Keeps the TPE from blobbing up on the tip.
This is surgery, we must keep everything antiseptically clean 8) 8)

MrVitalic
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by MrVitalic »

RGC_0767 wrote:
MrVitalic wrote:About the sharpie, I use the pink from the 'electro pop' color pack. It also contain a nice baby blue pen. After applying before it get completly dry the edge of the lip will look to much define so smooth it with your finger and baby oil. And to avoid her looking like a clown, check out some girl lip tutorial especialy for the lower lip. Anyway its quite easy to do and fun too !
My lack of artistic talent. I would end up having a female doll clown using sharpie markers :)

One thing I did forget to mention about soldering iron tips. It is best to keep the tip as clean as possible. I just use a bit of cloth soaked in mineral oil, and wipe tip off after each time I do some melting of the TPE.
Keeps the TPE from blobbing up on the tip.
This is surgery, we must keep everything antiseptically clean 8) 8)
Alright sir!

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

Inspired by Indigo... he makes fancy tools :)

I make stuff from out in the barn LOL.. But ideas are similar.

Simple and straight forward "hot" ball.
Iron-ball.jpg
Just drilled a hole in a stainless ball bearing, and jammed a copper wire into it, and wrapped wire around tip.

This worked amazing to add to the labia repair I've been doing. Ball is too big (8mm) it's all I had to run the experiment. Wire could be longer too. Tried to check with IR thermometer, but it did not want to work right. I took my temperature.
I'm slowly dying. 84 F LOL... all the molten TPE coming at me lately. (no joke really)

I tried it in groin area too. it's a bit big, and very hard to have a steady hand. But would work nicely if ball were smaller.

Just more ideas for the doll masses!!

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

Did some groin work (or tried to) with this ball.
Results?
Pow1.jpg
Gotta watch the legs being open too much, as well as temperature of tools.
Pow2.jpg
When adding TPE go small. If adding too much, it creates a hump. Better to build up gradual than all at once. Just like auto body work.
Pow3.jpg
A smaller ball, and a bit of tweaking on the length of the wire, and it may just work not too bad.

I did open the legs more for the big ball, that was the result.

Fun? LOL

flying42

Post by flying42 »

Really nice job with the weld, showing proper amt to add to repair and blend. I just bought one of those variable tandem heat stations for about sixty bucks online, and was just about to test it. What is holding me back is: first the toxic fumes, which I will take precautions of fans and respirator, and secondly, the lack of a spherical solder tip. I was going to heat a modelling tool with the heat gun, but having the iron set at constant temp, augmented by the copper wire to the bearing end is brilliant! Thanks for the idea and techniques, it must have been difficult drilling into the bearing, which are usually pretty tough metal. I would use a softer metal, like a bead (piercing?) already drilled. But stainless is best, any metal that oxidizes could leave rust in the repair. I've been really careful with my doll over the last six months with plenty of oiling and such, and so far no tears, only some defects such as casting flakes and bubbles that may becone bigger problems over time unless they are sealed. I have found three micro cuts from the postwork on the eyelids, but these can be held together with the eyelashes, and lets me change eyes easier actually. :roll:

As more members learn about higher level doll-care and repair, the community as a whole can benefit, and our synthetic ladies can have lasting healthy sexlives... :wink:
The Way that can be spoken is not the Eternal Way. - Lao Tzu

INFORMATIONS